February 2009 filers

guys I recieved my green card today I am so happy, I wish you the best guys.

So far you are going all right and all of you will make no matter how difficult it seem you will see.

The best for all of you guys!

Update!

Received my Employment authorization and two copies of travel authorization on Saturday, April 11, 2009! I will hopefully get an interview letter soon! Pretty fast processing!!

guys I recieved my green card today I am so happy, I wish you the best guys.

So far you are going all right and all of you will make no matter how difficult it seem you will see.

The best for all of you guys!

Congrats!!!

Interview done, APPROVED. :)

We just came back from our interview (Cleveland). It is approved, however there might be a few days delay to get my GC because first they have to quickly "deny" my pending employment-based case since I don't need it any more. So I hope the paperwork goes through quickly and problem free because we plan to travel to Europe to visit freinds and family in a month and I need my greencard to get back. Oh, and the officer did NOT take my EAD cards and Advance Parole. He said that as a last resort I could use my AP to get back in the US after my trip but it would be a little complicated to explain at the border.

I was told they do NOT do the passport stamping at the interview any more (except for extreme cases I presume).

The officer was about my age (35), nice guy, freindly and we joked around a lot. We went through stuff on the application forms; names, birth dates, place of marriage etc. He also asked me those "yes/no" questions regarding criminal activity, prostitution etc. I passed those too!! Whew :)

When we mentioned that we were planning on travelling in a month, he did everything to explain my options and even wrote a little sticky note on my file to "call applicant when card is produced" because I cannot track my case status online for some reason. He was surprised to hear that by the way.

Anyway, it was a fairly good experience. He looked at our photo album, mostly wedding/reception pics, and assorted photos from the last 6 years. He remarked that my wife has the most beautiful eyes he had ever seen! (He's right by the way:) )
We also had to show him a few more documents proving cohabitance and joint stuff.

It lasted about 20 minutes but it could have been even shorter had it not been for my special situation with the extra employment-based process.

Now the waiting starts. I really want to purchase our plane tickets, travel date would be 30 days from today (May 14) and I'm otimistic that the GC will have arrived by then.

congrats dude that's great news you are the first person to start the thread and the first one to get the case approved...cheers man..havefun and whnever you go back to your country have a blast there...;)

thank you

Bolapr

hey gabebalazas your case has gone by fast!!!

Yes Have a blast there!!!

I am planning to go in December to the Dominican Republic

congratulations!!.

Hey guys, here's my dates based on marriage to USC

2/26/09 PD
3/25/09 FP done
4/15/09 IL received
5/29/09 IL date

Wish me luck for the interview :)

Newark D/O, NJ

Looks like evrybody is getting interview letter lot quicker than before.
Is there anybody here from Newark d/o.? Please share your timeline

Punjabi1

dcdude i my time line is also the same and i am also expecting something in the mail within next week and i had my FP done in Alexandria,VA on the same date you had yours so all the best man...

sandeep10702,

did u get anything? are your cases online? Mine aren't yet

Interview done, APPROVED. :)

We just came back from our interview (Cleveland). It is approved, however there might be a few days delay to get my GC because first they have to quickly "deny" my pending employment-based case since I don't need it any more. So I hope the paperwork goes through quickly and problem free because we plan to travel to Europe to visit freinds and family in a month and I need my greencard to get back. Oh, and the officer did NOT take my EAD cards and Advance Parole. He said that as a last resort I could use my AP to get back in the US after my trip but it would be a little complicated to explain at the border.

I was told they do NOT do the passport stamping at the interview any more (except for extreme cases I presume).

The officer was about my age (35), nice guy, freindly and we joked around a lot. We went through stuff on the application forms; names, birth dates, place of marriage etc. He also asked me those "yes/no" questions regarding criminal activity, prostitution etc. I passed those too!! Whew :)

When we mentioned that we were planning on travelling in a month, he did everything to explain my options and even wrote a little sticky note on my file to "call applicant when card is produced" because I cannot track my case status online for some reason. He was surprised to hear that by the way.

Anyway, it was a fairly good experience. He looked at our photo album, mostly wedding/reception pics, and assorted photos from the last 6 years. He remarked that my wife has the most beautiful eyes he had ever seen! (He's right by the way:) )
We also had to show him a few more documents proving cohabitance and joint stuff.

It lasted about 20 minutes but it could have been even shorter had it not been for my special situation with the extra employment-based process.

Now the waiting starts. I really want to purchase our plane tickets, travel date would be 30 days from today (May 14) and I'm otimistic that the GC will have arrived by then.

Congrats!! That was easy and super fast!! Them folks in Cleveland are really efficient I must say.. would be nice if all DOs are as fast as yours:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi dcdude and sandeep....I haven't received anything either...been waiting since 2 weeks to get something in mail. Hopefully by end of this week

I-485 Question

Please advice::

In Part1 of I-485 form, they are asking for::
Current USCIS status ::________ and Expires on ____________

My current status is H1b and my H1b (I-797A) approval Notice is valid till April 15, 2009. but on my I-94 ( Arrival/ departure) card , its showing H1b status till April 10, 2009. BTW My H1b extension petition is pending with USCIS.

so what date should i put there ???

thanks in advance
Punjabi1

Please advice::

In Part1 of I-485 form, they are asking for::
Current USCIS status ::________ and Expires on ____________

My current status is H1b and my H1b (I-797A) approval Notice is valid till April 15, 2009. but on my I-94 ( Arrival/ departure) card , its showing H1b status till April 10, 2009. BTW My H1b extension petition is pending with USCIS.

so what date should i put there ???

thanks in advance
Punjabi1

Dude on the day you are sending the application, if you H1b is still pending
put H1 expiry date on approval notice (april 15 2009). you can put H1b as your status because I think you can be in country for 30 days legally after h1b expires.

This is not a legal advice, if you are still confused ask lawyer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think i am still in status because my H1b extension petition is still pending.
I am also attaching H1b extension Receipt with I-485/ I-130 application as proof of my current status.

Is it true that once i send my AOS application to USCIS, i will no longer be on H1b and my status changes to Adjustment of status (AOS). ???
can i legally stay here on AOS ??

Dude on the day you are sending the application, if you H1b is still pending
put H1 expiry date on approval notice (april 15 2009). you can put H1b as your status because I think you can be in country for 30 days legally after h1b expires.

This is not a legal advice, if you are still confused ask lawyer.

Got an interview letter and a week later a interview cancellation. I guess I have to wait until I get another interview letter... :-(