February 2009 filers

Congrats + Update

Congratulations, gabebalazs.

I just got back from my INFOPASS.

Good news: I got a stamp, she didn't even ask why I was traveling.

Bad news: I get back on 31st May, but she ended up writing 30 May on it and then writing a one over the zero. It looks like both. She also wrote April 30th as the issue date, when it was actually May 1. I think she was generally confused about dates, and didn't want to issue it for more than a month since my GC was apparently produced 27 April and so must be in the mail. So she initially wrote a date that was one month ahead of when she thought it was.

Gah, I'm nervous about attempting to re-enter on a stamp that looks so unclear. I hope my GC arrives in today's mail of I'm going to have to get a friend to mail it over.

Hello guys,
I filed for my GC through my USC wife. My timeline is in my signature. I have a couple of questions:

1. My receipt #s start with MSC, does it mean that I have to check the processing times for National Benefits Center? My lawyer sent the application to the Chicago lockbox.
2. I am a bit concerned that I have not yet received my EAD or my interview appointment. Looking at my timeline is there a cause for concern.
3. I also cannot check my case status online, is that normal too?
4. Are there quotas for family based GCs? For example: All the people for certain country fall into one category and if there are a lot of applicants from that country, then the processing times for those applicants would be longer.

Thanks in advance.

Hello guys,
I filed for my GC through my USC wife. My timeline is in my signature. I have a couple of questions:

1. My receipt #s start with MSC, does it mean that I have to check the processing times for National Benefits Center? My lawyer sent the application to the Chicago lockbox.
2. I am a bit concerned that I have not yet received my EAD or my interview appointment. Looking at my timeline is there a cause for concern.
3. I also cannot check my case status online, is that normal too?
4. Are there quotas for family based GCs? For example: All the people for certain country fall into one category and if there are a lot of applicants from that country, then the processing times for those applicants would be longer.

Thanks in advance.

1. Yes, MSC is the National Benefits Center. It's in Missouri, as far as I know, which probably explains the M.
2. Yeah, that does seem slow. I haven't posted my whole timeline on here, but my GC is in the mail and I only applied three weeks or so before you.
3. Very normal, especially for the MSC it seems. It's semi-random as to whether your case is uploaded to the automatic system or not. Mine wasn't either... I could get updates by calling and getting escalated from the first person (who checks the same system you would and gets nothing) to a second person who can check whatever system you are in.
4. No, there are no quotas for family-based GCs... of the type you're talking about anyway (USC wife).

Does interview notice arrive within a month after fingerprint?

My interview notice was sent 3/10 for a 4/22 interview, which was about two weeks after my 2/25 biometrics. So, a month is slow compared to some... but these things seem highly variable. Would depend on the backlog of interview slots at your local location, I would imagine.

I called up last week and I was told that my application was stuck in FBI FP/Name Check stage. I told them that I was concerned that I have not received my EAD & travel permit as yet. The rep told me that they can't do anything about it until the FP/Name Check results are obtained.

I called again yesterday and I was told that my case is under 'processing', so I asked the rep whether they got my results back from FBI and she said that she has no information regarding that and all she can tell by looking at my case is that it is under 'processing'. I tell her that I have not received my EAD and she says that my case is not outside of the processing time, so its OK.

I ask her why I can't check my case status online, she says that there are technical issues and she doesn't know when they will fix that.

So I guess all I can do now is wait.

hey guys,

I'll have my interview soon. I want to know if I need to fill out a new I-864 form for the most recent year 2008 with W-2s, thanks.

Address Change...please advice

Hi folks,
I got my Interview letter yesterday which got forwarded to my new address. The interview is in San Francisco and we recently moved to Los Angeles. I did fill out AR-11 to notify USCIS, the change of address on May 04, but the IL was sent out on April 30. Now my question is...Is it advisable to call USCIS and reschedule the interview in Los Angeles or go to San Francisco for the interview? Any suggestions or thoughts is really appreciated.

I finally have some updates on my case. They have ordered my EAD card production and mail my I-131 and given me the I-485 interview for June 18th. Any idea how long it takes for you to receive the EAD after the card production is ordered?

I finally have some updates on my case. They have ordered my EAD card production and mail my I-131 and given me the I-485 interview for June 18th. Any idea how long it takes for you to receive the EAD after the card production is ordered?

3 - 5 business days to get it to you including mailing time.

More updates, I received my EAD and travel permit in mail. Funny thing, my EAD card production was ordered twice. I hear that it happens to a lot of people. Maybe its just the notification process.

How long does it take to apply for citizenship when you get your GC through marriage?

Worried

My timeline is in my siggy...

I am not sure what to think at this point....nothing in the past two months :mad: and I see some people are going faster than me...I plan on calling them up this week if i dont get something....

I am under MSC and none of my receipts are showing up online