February 2009 filers

FrankinWV

you can check my time line on the first page of the thread i don't know how to make it as a signature

Sandeep, seems like I am about two days ahead of you in the scheduling process. My case is still not online, but like you said - I am not worried as long as I get through. I haven't heard anything since FP has been done.

Sandeep, seems like I am about two days ahead of you in the scheduling process. My case is still not online, but like you said - I am not worried as long as I get through. I haven't heard anything since FP has been done.
FranklinWV, Im too in the same situation for my father, my dates are 2 days before you (FP done on mar 4, 09). Case doesnt show online yet. Its going to be wait and watch for sometime based on others' experience it seems.

awesome news guys, we got an interview letter today! I was not expecting it so soon. Interview is for 05/07. Application was received on 2/13 by uscis. And nothing updated online to reflect this.

awesome news guys, we got an interview letter today! I was not expecting it so soon. Interview is for 05/07. Application was received on 2/13 by uscis. And nothing updated online to reflect this.
thats great, congrats! can you please post your time breakup - package mailed, FP, etc which DO?

thanks.

thats great, congrats! can you please post your time breakup - package mailed, FP, etc which DO?

thanks.

I'll post it the best I can from memory.

Mailed 2/9
Rcvd 2/13
FP Done on 3/14
Interview appt date received- 4/2
Interview scheduled-5/7

DO-Mount Laurel, NJ

No updates online about EAD or anything

congrats mayakukla thats great news i guess me franklinwv and lalit should start expecting letter within this coming week probably....isn't it guys...

dcdude i my time line is also the same and i am also expecting something in the mail within next week and i had my FP done in Alexandria,VA on the same date you had yours so all the best man...

dcdude i my time line is also the same and i am also expecting something in the mail within next week and i had my FP done in Alexandria,VA on the same date you had yours so all the best man...
just checked mine, its not in system yet

02/07 - papers sent
03/04 - FP

Update: Advance Parole received on April 3.
EAD received April 4.
Not much use, interview: April 14., hopefully everything will go well.

AOS application filing timing

Hello guys,
Need little advice from you guys.

My wife is having her citizenship interview and oath ceremony on April 30th.
My AOS Documents are almost ready and i am just waiting for her to become US Citizen. I just need her Naturalization certificate which i can attach with my I-130 application as proof of her citizenship.

after she become citizen, should i wait for a week or 2, before i send my AOS application to USCIS or just send it right away.??? if i send my application on the same day she become citizen........does that gonna create any problem for my AOS application ???

thanks
Punjabi1

Punjabi,
I don't think it matters but make sure you have the naturalization certificate :).Anyway its a 3 4 month process so a day here and there would'nt effect much.

Hi Stolen Chalupa,
How did you ugrade from LPR to USC. Was it by calling USC or sending upgrade request letter. I am in the same situation, so...

Ummm yeah. This is a sore point for me. Learn from my mistake of trusting that the local office can send a fax. My advice is hit 'em hard from all angles... perhaps multiple times. At first, I got an infopass and went to the local office. The IO filled out a cover sheet and supposedly faxed in the form but I don't think it worked. I have seen nothing - no touch online. Finally I got my passport and today I called and got an IO on the line. I faxed again today to her. This was a local number. I have also sent in to the address on the NOA. I am not sure if this is the correct address but I trust it will eventually get to the correct department. In a few weeks I will follow up again especially if I see no evidence that the upgrade happened.

In summary use all methods:
Call the 800 number and fax in the request
Get an infopass and go to the local office
Send in a hardcopy
Follow up in a few weeks

My new advice for Upgrading to USC. Don't do it. Wait with the initial filing of the I-130 until after the oath. Send it in the day after. This is due to the lack of process in place for upgrading to USC. I presently believe that it would have been faster to wait until oath and then send in the I-130 thereby getting into the normal line. The upgrade path is unreliable and very frustrating. There is no confirmation that the upgrade was successful. My online status remains untouched. I personally don't like to have my life depend on a fax transmisison. I still don't know if they are even processing my form. I have faxed in 4 times and went the office once so I have to assume that they are.

Revised method list:
Call the 800 number and fax in the request
Get an infopass and go to the local office
Follow up in a few weeks

Don't bother mailing in anything. I did it 3 times and everything was returned. The cover letter says that my letter was an inquiry and to call the 800 number. Dweebs... it wasn't an inquiry - it was a command, it should have been forwarded to an IO. So apparently only two methods are supported: Call 800 number, get fax number, and fax in request. Go to local office and have them fax it in.

Anyway I wll be following up with a local office visit next week. I will be steaming mad if the IO cannot inform me that my file has been upgraded to USC processsing. In that case I guess there is nothing to do but have them request the upgrade again...

Galabazas Never seen a case like yours so far it has been the fastest one.

I know, I'm shocked too. We're going to the interview tomorrow, I'm getting a little jittery but we have nothing to be nervous about. Still, keep your fingers crossed.

got the EAC Today

We got the EAC today! Exactly 60 days from NOA of receipt. Interview on 5/07

Last edited by a moderator:
are you guys able to check case status online? I was able to do that with my employment based process (that's still pending), but nothing has ever shown up in this family based process. I have MSC (National Benefits Center) receipt numbers. Nothing shows up for any of my number.
My wife and I are planning a trip to visit family in Europe and it would be important to check approval/card production status to be able to buy our plane tickets (sooner the better). If the officer stamps my passport that'd be awesome, but from what I've heard that doesn't happen very often these days.

So have you been able to check MSC receipt status online?

after she become citizen, should i wait for a week or 2, before i send my AOS application to USCIS or just send it right away.??? if i send my application on the same day she become citizen........does that gonna create any problem for my AOS application ???

thanks
Punjabi1

There is NO need to wait even one second after your wife gets her naturalization certificate. It wouldn't create any problem at all. Most people do send the whole paperwork right away anyway. I've noticed many times people take the whole paperwork to the oath ceremony and after the oath ceremony they make photocopies of naturalization certificate to file all these paperwork for their spouse and even a US passport for themselves.