February 2009 filers

Thanks dcdude2009. if possible could you please share with me complete list of supporting documents you send with I-130,I-485,I-131,I-765.
Punjabi1

I will give a more detailed list later.. off top of my head ,I sent copies of
1.marriage certificate,
2.lease document,
3.proof of health insurance which had both our names,
4.joint bank account statement,

I know some people who have included auto insurance documnets which show both husband and wife as as drivers . You can aalso check if there are documents for cell phone plan which has both your names.

Fo financial stuff
1.my wifes last six months pays stubs
2.my wife's last three years tax returns,
3.copy of passport proving she is a citizen.

My documents include copies of passport, H1b documents ,visa, drivers licence

I hope these help

thanks dcdude2009. one more thing. right now i am on h1b. the visa i have on my passport expiring in April. I already applied for H1b extension in feburary but i dont know whether i am gonna get approval on May1. this date i am sending my AOS package to USCIS. what you think what should i do ??
should i just submit Receipt Notice of H1B extension??

Punjabi1

I will give a more detailed list later.. off top of my head ,I sent copies of
1.marriage certificate,
2.lease document,
3.proof of health insurance which had both our names,
4.joint bank account statement,

I know some people who have included auto insurance documnets which show both husband and wife as as drivers . You can aalso check if there are documents for cell phone plan which has both your names.

Fo financial stuff
1.my wifes last six months pays stubs
2.my wife's last three years tax returns,
3.copy of passport proving she is a citizen.

My documents include copies of passport, H1b documents ,visa, drivers licence

I hope these help

thanks dcdude2009. one more thing. right now i am on h1b. the visa i have on my passport expiring in April. I already applied for H1b extension in feburary but i dont know whether i am gonna get approval on May1. this date i am sending my AOS package to USCIS. what you think what should i do ??
should i just submit Receipt Notice of H1B extension??

Punjabi1
Punjabi1,

It doesn't matter when your visa expiring. This has nothing to do with it. Also you don't have to wait till May 1 to send your package. You can do it before .

Also if you apply for 765(EAD) , 131(travel document) ( you can apply these concurrently with AOS at no charge) with EAD ,you can work regardless of your h1b extension come thru or not.

The thing is my wife is having a citizen oath ceremony on April 30. so i just need to attach her Naturalization certificate with my package. right now i am preapring all supporting documents for I-130,I-485,I-765,I-131.
Now days there are lot of queries on H1b Extension. i dont know i am gonna get approval or not before May1. my current h1b expiring on April 23.
so what document should i submit with I-485 to show them my current status??

Punjabi1,

It doesn't matter when your visa expiring. This has nothing to do with it. Also you don't have to wait till May 1 to send your package. You can do it before .

Also if you apply for 765(EAD) , 131(travel document) ( you can apply these concurrently with AOS at no charge) with EAD ,you can work regardless of your h1b extension come thru or not.

The thing is my wife is having a citizen oath ceremony on April 30. so i just need to attach her Naturalization certificate with my package. right now i am preapring all supporting documents for I-130,I-485,I-765,I-131.
Now days there are lot of queries on H1b Extension. i dont know i am gonna get approval or not before May1. my current h1b expiring on April 23.
so what document should i submit with I-485 to show them my current status??

I think you can put you H1b extension notice and h1b document. About your current status ,I think it doesn't matter much , because I know of people who went out of status from F1 and have applied for AOS and have been successful.

Basically just put your H1b document and extension receipt document. and If you get your extension before that you can submit H1b approval.

BTW if you have A # you should put that(I had A # when my 140 got approved and I filed for h1b extension) .
Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
A#

when i was on F1 student visa. I applied for Pre-completion and Post Completion OPT's. at that time i got EAD's. so i do have A# on those EAD's.
should i put that A# on I-485,I-130,I-131 and I-765 forms. I read somewhere that if you are not sure if A#, then just leave it blank.??
I dont know whether you were on student visa before or not, but if yes, then could you please confirm that A# on our F1 OPT EAD's and on I-140 are same ??
secondly what do you mean by h1b document.?? i dont have anything, all documents are with company lawyer. I dont want my company to know about my AOS application untill my new EAD get approved??

Punjabi1

I think you can put you H1b extension notice and h1b document. About your current status ,I think it doesn't matter much , because I know of people who went out of status from F1 and have applied for AOS and have been successful.

Basically just put your H1b document and extension receipt document. and If you get your extension before that you can submit H1b approval.

BTW if you have A # you should put that(I had A # when my 140 got approved and I filed for h1b extension) .
Good luck

It's crazy! Just received my interview letter today. Interview date: April 14, 2009. Now this is fast!!! :) Wow.

My process started on February 2nd...

Toledo, OH. District office: Cleveland.
It sucks living here in this economic crisis, unemployment is high, people are leaving the region. BUT apparently that's a good thing when it comes to administering immigration matters :) I don't think there is a big crowd of wanna-be immigrants in this part of the country.

i have a question guys how do i know which is my District office??? i live in Southern Maryland 50 miles south of Washington D.C

Case status online

Hi All,
I couldn't see my case status online yet. It's been over 2 weeks since I had my FP done but case not visible online on USCIS site. Any ideas and btw my receipt number starts with "MSC"

Hi All,
I couldn't see my case status online yet. It's been over 2 weeks since I had my FP done but case not visible online on USCIS site. Any ideas and btw my receipt number starts with "MSC"

case status online only shows one day after fingerprints are done. I-130 status usually does not show

Hi Stolen Chalupa,
How did you ugrade from LPR to USC. Was it by calling USC or sending upgrade request letter. I am in the same situation, so...

**PLEASE HELP ME GUYS**

AOS Thru Marraige
For I-130 , where we need to show proof of ongoing marraige. I am submitting following doc's.

1. joint cell phone bill.
2. joint bank statement.
3. joint federal returns for last 2 years.
4. 2 third party affidavits for our marraige.
5. joint apprtment rent lease document.

Do i also need to submit Pictures . actually we had Marriage Reception in New jersey where we had invited all our friends and relatives ( I have pictures of our reception). then we move to california and after 2 months we registered our marriage at registrar office. we didnt know anybody in california so none of our friend and family member present on that day. person who was registering marraiges become our marraige witness. I dont have any pictures of Marraige Registering Day.

so should i also submit Marraige Reception pictures or whatever docs i am already submitting are enough ?????

thanks
Punjabi1

Last edited by a moderator: