February 2009 filers

My wife is becoming citizen on April 30. so i am just waiting for her naturalization certificate. most likely i am gonna send my application out on May 2.
BTW do you know how much time its taking to get EAD and AP once i submit my AOS application to chicago office. my local D/O is Newark,NJ.

they are enough...haven't you sent the docs yet or you got any RFE

Alien Registration Number

I have one question on A# ( Alien Registration Number).
I was on F1 visa before. so i have one expired EAD card which i got during my OPT in 2005. this card has a A#.
so should i put this A# on all forms( I-485,I-130,I-765,I-131) or leave it blank.???

Punjabi1

to be honest i have no idea i have got my FP done on 03/13 and i am waiting for the next thing to come in now...

i would recommend using it as they have your records saved up in that number when i filed i didn't have any a# after my NOA's i got one and used it while in my FP form...but still consider taking advice from other members in the forum..

**Need some more advice from you guys **

My wife is having her citizenship oath ceremony on April 30th. she is planning to change her name on this day. so she will get her Naturalization certificate with new name.
Now i have all documents and forms ( I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131) ready which i am going to submit for my Green card. i am just waiting for her Naturalization certificate.

Now my Question is whatever supporting documents i have for (I-130, I-485 ,I-765, I-131) has my wife old name and her Nauralization certificate going to have her new name ( they also gonna give her Name change Court Authorzied Letter).

Is this gonna create any problem when i will submit my AOS application to USCIS ?? should i change her name on all documents which is kind of imposible ?? do i need to put her new name on all forms( I-485/ I-130) ??

Punjabi1

i would recommend using it as they have your records saved up in that number when i filed i didn't have any a# after my NOA's i got one and used it while in my FP form...but still consider taking advice from other members in the forum..

Hi Stolen Chalupa,
How did you ugrade from LPR to USC. Was it by calling USC or sending upgrade request letter. I am in the same situation, so...

Ummm yeah. This is a sore point for me. Learn from my mistake of trusting that the local office can send a fax. My advice is hit 'em hard from all angles... perhaps multiple times. At first, I got an infopass and went to the local office. The IO filled out a cover sheet and supposedly faxed in the form but I don't think it worked. I have seen nothing - no touch online. Finally I got my passport and today I called and got an IO on the line. I faxed again today to her. This was a local number. I have also sent in to the address on the NOA. I am not sure if this is the correct address but I trust it will eventually get to the correct department. In a few weeks I will follow up again especially if I see no evidence that the upgrade happened.

In summary use all methods:
  • Call the 800 number and fax in the request
  • Get an infopass and go to the local office
  • Send in a hardcopy
  • Follow up in a few weeks

Case not online yet

Hello! How long does it take for the case to show up on the uscis website? I filed Feb 09, 2009 and my case is not online yet, but my Fingerprints are long done. Any idea would be appreciated!

I-693 ( Medical Report )

I will be going to Civil Surgeon Next week for my Medical Exam Report (I-693). I saw lots of people got RFE (Query) from USCIS for Incomplete I-693. most of the time i heard its a Surgeon Mistake - either missing chest X-Ray Report or missing signatures or not standard X Ray Report and so on.

1. Could somebody Recommend me any Precautions which i need to take
while visitng civil surgeon office to minimize mistakes.???
2. Do i need Chest X-Ray Report from civil surgeon ??
3. what else i need from civil surgeon ??

thanks
Punjabi1

Punjabi1

i don't really think they took my x-ray for chest but they asked me to take MMr vaccination and also they gave me one TB shot and one tetanus shot and also how much is your civil surgeon charging you for this mine charged me $180 or $240 either or these

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello! How long does it take for the case to show up on the uscis website? I filed Feb 09, 2009 and my case is not online yet, but my Fingerprints are long done. Any idea would be appreciated!

i also filed the same day and i haven't seen anything online and cannot say when it's gonna be online i really don't care about watching it online my concern is that everything goes on time...

I-693 medical report

Sandeep:: I thnik USCIS do need chest X-Ray Report. becasue one of my friend got RFE to submit Standard chest X-Ray Report.
I am still deciding which civil surgeon i should go to.

QUOTE=sandeep10702;2028191]Punjabi1

i don't really think they took my x-ray for chest but they asked me to take MMr vaccination and also they gave me one TB shot and one tetanus shot and also how much is your civil surgeon charging you for this mine charged me $180 or $240 either or these[/QUOTE]

Civil Surgeon

Hi,
I am a Feb 09 filer also and my application number starts with MSC.
Things to keep in mind for the I-693 (Medical Exam)
1. You need to have an MMR shot done and also a Tetanus reinforcement shot(the last one done withing the 10 years). My regular doctor did these for me before going to the civil surgeon and I just had to take a copy of my vaccination records to the civil surgeon appointment. Usually it is cheaper to do the shots in your doctor's office than the civil surgeon to do them for you.
I had Hep B vaccines done also, but the civil surgeon was not concerned about that. Also, the civil surgeon will ask for Chicken Pox, if you had a vaccine done or if you already had it as a child. I had it as a child and my mother said I was approximately 2-3 years old. They just took my word for this and indicated in the form that I have had chicken pox as a child.
2. You will have a TB test done and they you will have to go back in 3 days for the doctor to check your arm. If you test positive for TB (which a lot of people from other countries do, if they have had a TB vaccine in the past), only then they will do X-Rays. No X-Rays are done if you do not test positive for TB.

3. The doctor will give you a sealed envelope with form I-693 for you to include with your application and also a copy of what is in the sealed envelope for your records. So before you leave there make sure it is all filled out.

Hope this helps. K
I will be going to Civil Surgeon Next week for my Medical Exam Report (I-693). I saw lots of people got RFE (Query) from USCIS for Incomplete I-693. most of the time i heard its a Surgeon Mistake - either missing chest X-Ray Report or missing signatures or not standard X Ray Report and so on.

1. Could somebody Recommend me any Precautions which i need to take
while visitng civil surgeon office to minimize mistakes.???
2. Do i need Chest X-Ray Report from civil surgeon ??
3. what else i need from civil surgeon ??

thanks
Punjabi1

Last edited by a moderator:
Toledo, OH. District office: Cleveland.
It sucks living here in this economic crisis, unemployment is high, people are leaving the region. BUT apparently that's a good thing when it comes to administering immigration matters :) I don't think there is a big crowd of wanna-be immigrants in this part of the country.
My receipt numbers started with MSC also and my local office is in Columbus, so hopefully they are as fast as Cleveland. Good luck with your interview gabebalazs!!

I-130 checklist

klako:: thanks for your response. one more thing to ask you regarding I-130 documents checklist. these are the documents i am sending. let me know if i am missing anything.
I-130 Package

-fees $355
- I-130 form
- copy of my USC spouse naturalization certificate
- copy of marraige certificate
- copy of my birth certificate
- copy of my USC spouse birth certificate
- copy of my passport pages
-2 G325A - one for me and one for my spouse ( petitoner)
-2 Photo - one for me and one for my spouse ( petitoner )
-evidence of relationship
1. Joint bank statement
2. Tenant lease
3. Joint car insurance
4. cell phone bill
5. 2 affidavits

thanks
Punjabi1

My receipt numbers started with MSC also and my local office is in Columbus, so hopefully they are as fast as Cleveland. Good luck with your interview gabebalazs!!

klako:: thanks for your response. one more thing to ask you regarding I-130 documents checklist. these are the documents i am sending. let me know if i am missing anything.
I-130 Package

-fees $355
- I-130 form
- copy of my USC spouse naturalization certificate
- copy of marraige certificate
- copy of my birth certificate
- copy of my USC spouse birth certificate
- copy of my passport pages
-2 G325A - one for me and one for my spouse ( petitoner)
-2 Photo - one for me and one for my spouse ( petitoner )
-evidence of relationship
1. Joint bank statement
2. Tenant lease
3. Joint car insurance
4. cell phone bill
5. 2 affidavits

thanks
Punjabi1
Below is the list of documents I included with my applications. I put this list in the cover letter that I mailed with my application. I checked this list next to one of my friends who did use an attorney to file.

Petition for Alien Relative (I-130)
1. Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative;
2. Two passport Photographs of Petitioner and Beneficiary;
3. From G-325A, Biographical Information, completed by the Petitioner and Beneficiary;
4. Photocopy of Petitioner's Birth certificate as evidence of citizenship;(my spouse is a US born citizen)
5. Photocopy of Petitioner's(spouse) Passport as secondary Evidence of citizenship;
6. Photocopy of Marriage License as evidence of Familial relationship;
7. Photocopy of Petitioner and Beneficiary's apartment lease as evidence that bona fides the marriage; and
8. Petitioner and Beneficiary's combined bank documents as secondary evidence that bona fides the marriage.
9. Photocopy of Beneficiary's birth certificate (my birth certificate, just a photocopy)

Application to Adjust Status (I-485):
1. Form I-485, Application to Adjust Status;
2. Two photographs of applicant;
3. Form G-325A, Biographical Information, completed by the Applicant;
4. Photocopy of Applicant's Birth Certificate with English translation;
(this was one point I was not clear. I read in some places that if your birth certificate is not in english and has been translated and notarized, you need to send it the original translation and I was not sure. So I send in the photocopy of my birth certificate, along with the original translation and the original notary seal, all from my home country just to be on the safe side. For form I-130, just to be on the safe side even though it is not in the requirement list, I sent just a photocopy of the birth certificate, along with just a photocopy of the translation and notary seal.)
5. Form I-864, Affidavit of Support (completed by U.S. Citizen spouse) with supporting documentation;
6. Photocopies of Applicant's Form-797(for H1-B), Approval Notice, Form I-20's, Form I-94,
Arrival/Departure Record, visa stamp page and passport identity page; and
7. Form I-693 Medical Exam results for Applicant.

Application for Employment Authorization (I-765):
1. Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization;
2. Two color Photographs of Applicant; and
3. Photocopies of Form I-94, Arrival/Departure Record, visa stamp page and passport identity page.

Application for Advance Parole (I-131)
1. Form I-131, Application for Advance Parole
2. Two photographs of Applicant; and
3. Photocopies of form I-94, Arrival/Departure Record, visa stamp page and passport identity page.

***In conjunction with each preceding applications and petition referenced above, we have enclosed the following USCIS filing fees totaling $1,365 (I-130= $355, I-485 (includes I-765 and I-131) with fingerprint fee = $930 + $80).

Please note some of the documents such as Photocopies of form I-94, Arrival/Departure Record, visa stamp page and passport identity page, are duplicates for different forms, but since they are only photocopies, I figured better send multiple copies for each form when needed.

Proof of citizenship

klako: thanks for taking time in answering my question. It was really very helpful. I still have one doubt on proof of citizenship.

my wife is becoming citizen on April 30th. so i am planning to attach her certificate of Naturalization with I-130 form as Petitoner proof of citizenship.
Do you think this Nauralization certificate enough to establish her citizenship ??

Below is the list of documents I included with my applications. I put this list in the cover letter that I mailed with my application. I checked this list next to one of my friends who did use an attorney to file.

Petition for Alien Relative (I-130)
1. Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative;
2. Two passport Photographs of Petitioner and Beneficiary;
3. From G-325A, Biographical Information, completed by the Petitioner and Beneficiary;
4. Photocopy of Petitioner's Birth certificate as evidence of citizenship;(my spouse is a US born citizen)
5. Photocopy of Petitioner's(spouse) Passport as secondary Evidence of citizenship;
6. Photocopy of Marriage License as evidence of Familial relationship;
7. Photocopy of Petitioner and Beneficiary's apartment lease as evidence that bona fides the marriage; and
8. Petitioner and Beneficiary's combined bank documents as secondary evidence that bona fides the marriage.
9. Photocopy of Beneficiary's birth certificate (my birth certificate, just a photocopy)

Application to Adjust Status (I-485):
1. Form I-485, Application to Adjust Status;
2. Two photographs of applicant;
3. Form G-325A, Biographical Information, completed by the Applicant;
4. Photocopy of Applicant's Birth Certificate with English translation;
(this was one point I was not clear. I read in some places that if your birth certificate is not in english and has been translated and notarized, you need to send it the original translation and I was not sure. So I send in the photocopy of my birth certificate, along with the original translation and the original notary seal, all from my home country just to be on the safe side. For form I-130, just to be on the safe side even though it is not in the requirement list, I sent just a photocopy of the birth certificate, along with just a photocopy of the translation and notary seal.)
5. Form I-864, Affidavit of Support (completed by U.S. Citizen spouse) with supporting documentation;
6. Photocopies of Applicant's Form-797(for H1-B), Approval Notice, Form I-20's, Form I-94,
Arrival/Departure Record, visa stamp page and passport identity page; and
7. Form I-693 Medical Exam results for Applicant.

Application for Employment Authorization (I-765):
1. Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization;
2. Two color Photographs of Applicant; and
3. Photocopies of Form I-94, Arrival/Departure Record, visa stamp page and passport identity page.

Application for Advance Parole (I-131)
1. Form I-131, Application for Advance Parole
2. Two photographs of Applicant; and
3. Photocopies of form I-94, Arrival/Departure Record, visa stamp page and passport identity page.

***In conjunction with each preceding applications and petition referenced above, we have enclosed the following USCIS filing fees totaling $1,365 (I-130= $355, I-485 (includes I-765 and I-131) with fingerprint fee = $930 + $80).

Please note some of the documents such as Photocopies of form I-94, Arrival/Departure Record, visa stamp page and passport identity page, are duplicates for different forms, but since they are only photocopies, I figured better send multiple copies for each form when needed.

klako: thanks for taking time in answering my question. It was really very helpful. I still have one doubt on proof of citizenship.

my wife is becoming citizen on April 30th. so i am planning to attach her certificate of Naturalization with I-130 form as Petitoner proof of citizenship.
Do you think this Nauralization certificate enough to establish her citizenship ??
Punjabi1, I am not sure about this because I did not have to deal with it.
But in page 2 of the instructions for I-130 http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-130instr.pdf it says:

What Documents Do You Need to Show That You Are a U.S. Citizen?
-A copy of your naturalization certificate or certificate of citizenship issued by USCIS or the former INS.

So that should be sufficient. You only need one of the documents listed in this section to prove US Citizenship so you should be OK.
But please remember this is just my interpretation of this. You might want to look at other posts. Hope it helps.

klako12: I am also agree with you. I think i should be fine submitting certificate of naturalization only.
Thank you so much.

Punjabi1

Punjabi1, I am not sure about this because I did not have to deal with it.
But in page 2 of the instructions for I-130 http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-130instr.pdf it says:

What Documents Do You Need to Show That You Are a U.S. Citizen?
-A copy of your naturalization certificate or certificate of citizenship issued by USCIS or the former INS.

So that should be sufficient. You only need one of the documents listed in this section to prove US Citizenship so you should be OK.
But please remember this is just my interpretation of this. You might want to look at other posts. Hope it helps.

Just a fine point. The 2nd IO lady on the phone mentioned that both sides of the Naturlization Document must be sent if any writing on the back. Hmmm mine had a little bit on the corner, on the back, and I don't think the IO at the office faxed the back. (it might be a stretch but maybe thats why mine doesn't seem to have worked the first time) Anyway, I used my passport the 2nd, 3rd and 4th time I sent it in. Fax from work, fax from home, mail in a copy. If I had more time I would go in.