February 2009 filers

I-864 EZ documents

gabebalazas: Did you send photocopies of all documents needed with I-864EZ which include Recent Paystubs, last three years W2 and last three years federal income tax return.??

our tax lady gave us tax documents every year after filing taxes which includes Federal, state Taxes paper. Is those documents consider as Tax Returns?

I think for I-864EZ , i only need to include photocopy of Federal part of tax documents. Isnt it ??

The USCIS states on most instructions of forms that unless they specifically ask for an original document, you just send them copies. But carefully read all instructions.

I sent them copies whereever they did NOT ask for an original. I think the reason for this is that they tend to keep the documents and then you wouldn't get back your original document (such as Certificate of Naturalization or original Birth Certificate etc.)

I assume your tax lady gave you copies of your tax returns, but I cannot be sure of that. But yes, copy of the Federal Tax return and copies of the corresponding W2 and/or 1099 forms and schedules is applicable must be included.

Advance Payroll Request letter

gabebalazs: here is the format of the AP Payroll Request letter i am going to used, please make any changes into that ::

MONTH DATE, 2009

USCIS
P.O. Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4107

RE: Request for Advance Parole for NAME

Dear Sir or Madame:

I am writing to request your office to grant me an Advance Parole document that is valid for multiple entries. This is to enable me to visit my family abroad as well as travel abroad in the event of unforeseen emergencies while my application for permanent resident status is pending.

Please contact me if you require any additional information.

Sincerely,

NAME
ADDRESS

The USCIS states on most instructions of forms that unless they specifically ask for an original document, you just send them copies. But carefully read all instructions.

I sent them copies whereever they did NOT ask for an original. I think the reason for this is that they tend to keep the documents and then you wouldn't get back your original document (such as Certificate of Naturalization or original Birth Certificate etc.)

I assume your tax lady gave you copies of your tax returns, but I cannot be sure of that. But yes, copy of the Federal Tax return and copies of the corresponding W2 and/or 1099 forms and schedules is applicable must be included.

Another February filer

My details are in the signature:

I have a question though, my EAD (from F-1 OPT) expires in March. Is there any way I can continue working by using the receipt notice (when I receive them) as a proof that I will eventually get authorized or do I need an actual EAD card which may take another 2-3 months to get processed. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

rohitrg:: I was on F1-OPT in 2005. at that time i was told that i shouldnt work untill i have EAD in hand. I had one month gap between pre completion OPT and Post completion OPT, had to stop work for one month.
Punjabi1

QUOTE=rohitrg;2014701]My details are in the signature:

I have a question though, my EAD (from F-1 OPT) expires in March. Is there any way I can continue working by using the receipt notice (when I receive them) as a proof that I will eventually get authorized or do I need an actual EAD card which may take another 2-3 months to get processed. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

documents checklist

gabebalazs: sorry for bothering you. but just want to check with you regrading supporting documents checklist for AOS.

I-130 package::
- copy of naturalization certificate
-copy of marraige certificate
-2 G325A - one for me and one for my wife ( petitoner)
-2 Photo - one for me and one for my wife ( petitoner )
- I-130 form
-evidence of relationship
1. Joint bank statement
2. Tenant lease
3. Joint car insurance
4. cell phone bill
5. 2 affidavits

I-485 package

-I-485 form
-copy of my passport with Nonimmigrant visa
-2 photos
-Medical Exm ( I-693)
-G325A
-copy of my birth certificate
- copy of my wife birth certicate
-I-864Z ( 6 recent paystubs, 3 recent W2's, 3 recent tax returns, Letter from employer for my wife as she is my sponsor)

I-765 package

- 2 photos
- copy of last 2 EAD's
- copy of I-20
- copy of my Passport
- copy of driver license
- I-765 form

I-131 package

- I-131 form
-Copy of driver license
- copy of passport identity page
- 2 photos
- letter explaning why need AP
- current immigration status ( H1B approval notice)

let me know is there anything i m missing ??

thanks
Punjabi1

It looks good to me, but I'm not an expert. Mine was something similar. It should work.

Punjabi1
Thanks for the input -- I guess going by what others have told me too, I'll have to take an unpaid leave till my EAD arrives.

Another question: When does the application status become active on the USCIS website. I received the receipts but the website does not have any details for them yet ?

rohitrg

heres what I have for my Dad's GC processing -

- I-130, I485 mailed to Chicago lock box: Feb 7, 2009
- package received and signed for: Feb 10, 2009
- checks cashed - Feb 13, 2009
- FP notice received - Feb 23, 2009
- FP on March 4, 2009 <----

I-864EZ Question

I am filing I-864EZ since my wife is my sole sponsor. but for the last two years we are jointly filing our taxes. so Tax returns showing our combined income.
Question1:: so should i also attach my W2 with my wife W2's.??
Question2:: In I-864EZ, they are asking sponsor adjusted income from last 3 years. here, should i just put my wife individual income or should i put our joint income as reported on Tax Return's??

Punjabi1

guys i sent my application on 02/09 and they received it on 02/11 but still haven't cashed the checks any comments on it..please

My application was received on Feb 10 and checks cashed Feb 19. By this time your checks should definitely have been cashed

I-864EZ Queston - help me

:: I have little problem filling up Part 5- Question19 of I-864 EZ form.
Q19:: Sponsor (adjusted gross income on IRS Form 1040EZ) as reported on my Federal tax returns for the most recent three years was:

Tax Year Total Income
2008 $$
2007 $$
2006 $$

since my wife( sponsor) and i filed joint taxes, therefore IRS form 1040EZ shows our combined income. Now here in Q19 , do i need to fill up our joint income as shows on IRS Tax Return or just her income for last 3 years. I can calculate only my wife income from her W2's.

this is the link of I-864EZ form :: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-864EZ.pdf

Adding myself here...

My timeline from now on should be similar to some of the folks here... Although I submitted my I-130 June 2008, I just upgraded from LPR to USC on Feb. 27. Have not seen a touch yet, but I have heard that it takes about a week for that. Assuming about 2 weeks processing have occured... i.e. receiving the application and cashing my check, I should be equal to a USC applying in mid february. However, as I understand my priority date goes back to June 2008 so maybe I will be a little faster than some here who need consular processing like I do. (wife not here, can't come here yet) I should be practically first in line, but I am not sure they work like that...

Anyway good luck to all!

SC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:: I have little problem filling up Part 5- Question19 of I-864 EZ form.
Q19:: Sponsor (adjusted gross income on IRS Form 1040EZ) as reported on my Federal tax returns for the most recent three years was:

Tax Year Total Income
2008 $$
2007 $$
2006 $$

since my wife( sponsor) and i filed joint taxes, therefore IRS form 1040EZ shows our combined income. Now here in Q19 , do i need to fill up our joint income as shows on IRS Tax Return or just her income for last 3 years. I can calculate only my wife income from her W2's.

My guess is that you fill in only your sponsors income. She is the one sponsoring you. Her W-2s are the important ones. Your income should have nothing to do with it. (besides showing up on the tax transcript) BTW, you are in America, its "fill out the form" not "fill up the form".

Thanks Stolen Chalupa for your Response and correcting my mistake.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My guess is that you fill in only your sponsors income. She is the one sponsoring you. Her W-2s are the important ones. Your income should have nothing to do with it. (besides showing up on the tax transcript) BTW, you are in America, its "fill out the form" not "fill up the form".

Stolen chalupa:: need one more help from you. I am going to send my I-130, I-485,I-765,I-131 to USCIS. do you have any supporting documents checklist which you can share with me.

Punjabi1

heres what I have for my Dad's GC processing -

- I-130, I485 mailed to Chicago lock box: Feb 7, 2009
- package received and signed for: Feb 10, 2009
- checks cashed - Feb 13, 2009
- FP notice received - Feb 23, 2009
- FP on March 4, 2009 <----
FP done on mar 4, 2009.

Lalit

Notarized Copies

anybody plz answer me::

1. with I-130 Package, do i need to submit notarized copy of Marraige certificate, notarized copy of sponsor Birth Certificate and Notarized copy of Immigrant Birth certificate, Notarized copy of Sponsor Naturalization certificate??? do i really need to notarized them or i just send copies.

2. same with I-485 Package, do i need to send Notarized copy of Marraige certificate,Notarized copy of Sponsor Birth Certificate, Notarized copy of Immigrant Birth certificate??

Punjabi1