February 2004 Filers

shelfd

Registered Users (C)
Hi folks,

Let's get together to discuss I140/485 cases filed in February 2004. If you filed them in 02/2004, whether approved or not, please post here to help others to gauge if TSC's processing date (04/17/2004) posted on 01/06/2005 is correct.

In addition, please share your thoughts about how to address this issue as our processing dates are two months past their posted processing date.

We also may discuss the trend: Is TSC still doing concurrent adjudication? How many days will they process I485 after 140 got approved?

What held back our cases? Name check or anything else?

Let's talk about these issues.

Thanks.

Cocurrently filed I140 and I485

Here are the details:
EB3 - Priority Date 5/15/02
I140 RD 2/25/04
I485 RD 2/25/04

FP done 9/21/04
RFE for I140 - Issued date 8/12/04 - Reply Received by USCIS on 12/17/04
LUD for I140 12/21/04
LUD for I485 12/8/04 Date of RFE for I140. However status shows the date of receipt of I485 and processing time, etc. No LUD for FP until now.

It's observed from forum, usually USCIS is taking a decision with in a few days after receiving RFE reply. It's surprising why they are taking so long in my case.

My data is in my signature...still havent heard anything about my 485 approval...My PD is before jan 1, 2002 ..so hoping it wont be more than a few weeks..but, who can guess with TSC? it is kind of depressing that i missed the boat in a few days....

Actions?

Have you taken any actions to address this issue? since our dates are way ahead 4/17/2004, did you call CIS, or state congressperson, to find out why?

My lawyer said they'll wait to see if they need to write a letter. He said normally we should have them approved after 60 days past FP. I already past that date and no approvals whatsoever.

Still waiting

Hello,

My lawyer intends to send a query to USCIS to figure out the reason for delay.

I-140: RD: 2/04/ AD: ??
I-485: RD: 3/04/ AD: ??

Will keep you guys posted.

Feb 04 Filers

If you have filed in Feb 04 and havn't heard anything yet from USCIS, contact your attorney. You will get your I-140 approved. Same thing happen to me.

After initiate query with my attorney, I got approval yesterday i.e. Jan 11, 04.

My lawyer implies that, if lawyers get involed into this with CIS too early like wrting a letter, you may end up having only your I140 approved, in which case you might have both approved in just several more days. Since this is a "gray period" when they can apply concurrent adjudication or not, no one close to approval will risk having their 485 adjudicated per 485 schedule.

I don't know if this makes sense. I just don't like to just wait for nothing.

Anyway, the trend at TSC is not so clear as whether they'll stck to concurrent adj for a while or not. So let's keep this forum live and we'll figure out the trend once we gather enough info. So pls post your dates, FP and info from anyone you know--- Help yourself while help others.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
shelfd said:
My lawyer implies that, if lawyers get involed into this with CIS too early like wrting a letter, you may end up having only your I140 approved, in which case you might have both approved in just several more days. Since this is a "gray period" when they can apply concurrent adjudication or not, no one close to approval will risk having their 485 adjudicated per 485 schedule.

I don't know if this makes sense. I just don't like to just wait for nothing.

Anyway, the trend at TSC is not so clear as whether they'll stck to concurrent adj for a while or not. So let's keep this forum live and we'll figure out the trend once we gather enough info. So pls post your dates, FP and info from anyone you know--- Help yourself while help others.

Thanks.

Right now TSC is processing April 04 cases. If your case was filed in Feb 04, it does makes sense to initiate a query. Thats what I did. :)

me04485,

Can you let us know your 485 LUD status after 140 approval? Can you provide more info about your case like FP date, 140/485 RDs, etc.?

Thanks.

me04485 said:
Right now TSC is processing April 04 cases. If your case was filed in Feb 04, it does makes sense to initiate a query. Thats what I did. :)

shelfd said:
me04485,

Can you let us know your 485 LUD status after 140 approval? Can you provide more info about your case like FP date, 140/485 RDs, etc.?

Thanks.

Sure.
--------
EB3 RIR
PD Jun 02
140 & 485 RD- Jun 02
EAD & AP - Apr 04
FP Dec 04
I-140 & I-485 LUD change in Dec 04 after FP.
EAD & AP - 2nd applied in Jan 05.
Attorney query - Jan 10.
140 - approved jan 11.( is it coincidence ?) LUD changed twice.
No LUD change for I-485 till today.

Priority date past 4 months

My I-140 was filed in dec 3rd, 2003 and it's still pending. The priority date has gone past Apr 2004 and nothing yet. Those son of a guns in the INS office are rude , arrogant and will provide minimum of info as to why the way things are. For everyone of you, there is only one thing to do, either talk to you attorney to call up the office or just be 'Patient'..

amadhani,

Mine is also past 4 months. The paralegal in my office is also a sick minded person. he will not open the query and just asks me to be patient. Even if I tell him, let me patch the call between you and USCIS, he says he is too busy to even talk.... feel like ^&%$^% up that #$#@@$#$% person.

I called USCIS but they won't entertain me since it is a employer filed petition :mad: :mad: :mad:

Don't knwo what to do... just wait .

Filed in Jan/04, FP'd in Nov/04... No goddamn LUD change on I-140 since Jan/26/2004 when they received. What a @#$% up this has been.

Same as Hopefull1

Hopefull,
Hang in there!! my friend...
My details are same as your...filed in Jan-04 (EB2-RIR).
Labor was filed in Sep-2001.
FP done in Oct-2004.

LUD changed for both I-140/I-485 (11/17/04 - because of address change).

We will get our case approved soon...I hope..

Seemingly only Feb'04 with no FP yet

I am not sure what is going on with my case (and the case of some others that filed on the same date as mine - which I am tracking). I haven't received even a FP notice - there is no change of address, no nothing.

I went to the local (Louisville, KY) office and the lady had no clue - though she did seem sympathetic. She gave me an enquiry form and asked me to write to the TSC Customer Service.

I have called my lawyer but she is hesitant in calling the TSC - she says that prior experience indicates that nothing is going to come of the call. I am going to try the senator in the meanwhile.

If there is something that I am missing here, please let me know.

You do not need an attorney's service to request FP. You can fax / mail a letter to them yourself. It is a different thing that TSC is going to take any action or not.

Feb2004 Concurrent 140/485

Just wanted to share this.
140/485 RD - FEB2004
FP- NOV2004
140 - Not Approved
485 - Not Approved
EAD/AP - On the second ones now.

I haven't been following the Forum - for a long time now :) , kinda given up!
How does the priority date affect the 485 approval?, please throw some light, if you have the time..

Thanks
R