Feb-2003 Interview Tracker - Mumbai

ceebee...i think your case is ac140

Maybe the review is what other regular nvc cases have at NVC for FBI clearence. Since you bypassed the NVC process..you are having this FBI clearence review at Mumbai consulate.....

My assumption. check with your attorney.

sri

Originally posted by ceebee
TeeRoy,
The lady over the phone was not willing to give more information. Im not sure whether it was because she did not have much info or whether she did not want to say much.

All she mentioned was that it was a routine check which every case undergoes. Im not sure whether this is an undocumented process which we are not aware of.

I will give them a call once more in the middle of next week to find out more. Will keep you guys posted.

Thanks.

sri-IL,
Maybe you are right. I havent spoken to my attorney yet...I will talk to him and confirm the same. Any idea how long does it take in case of NVC FBI clearance?.

Thanks.

Hello Ceebee,

It could just also be that they could not squeeze you in Feb. My case was sent to them on Nov 26 and I got interview on Feb 20. So if you look at it this way that then they only have six working days after 20th for the month of February.

So you should be expecting your interview in First two weeks of March.

GoodLuck,

dinesh..its not that way

If your case is there in consulate computer before 20th of the month, you will get interviewafter+2 months...otherwise it is + 3 months.
ex: your case reached nov 26th...so your interview is in feb..if the same reached consulatre before nov20th...u would have your interview in JAN.

I am very confident, that AC140 cases missed FBI check at INS or NVC...so they will have at Consulates....

FYI...Sri...

Hello Ceebee,

It could just also be that they could not squeeze you in Feb. My case was sent to them on Nov 26 and I got interview on Feb 20. So if you look at it this way that then they only have six working days after 20th for the month of February.

So you should be expecting your interview in First two weeks of March.

GoodLuck,
[/QUOTE]

Hello Sri,

You may be right on this because I am not very adversed with the AC140 process. But on the other hand we should consider the fact that the month of Dec, Jan and Feb are not as usual. They take less interviews in Dec and Jan and try to cover up in Feb or March. You can view this analysis form www.cptracker.com

Anyway... Best thing is to get it confirmed from some other Guru's out here or contact Consulate on this matter.

GoodLuck

Sri-IL,
Consulate received my case on the 16th December(According to the FedEx tracker), I called them somewhere on the 26th Dec and they gave me a case number and told me to expect a interview date somewhere after the 15th of February.
I checked the website on 16th Jan and did not find my case number.
I called up the consulate and the lady mentioned that they had not received clearance, She was not willing to give any further information, so i assume it is some security clearance. She did mention that it is a normal procedure and everyone has to go through it.

My only concern here is that has anyone heard the same response from the consulate regarding the clearance check.

So if we go by your assumption of 2months after the consulate receives the case before 20th, than i should be in Feb for interview, but somehow it appears that mine is a borderline case.

I plan to call them again and talk to someone...Hopefully they have received some more information.

Thanks.

Hello Ceebee,

I dont think there anything to get panic. You should understand that the 2 month time frame is good under usual circumstances. But the month of Dec and Jan are little different due to a lot of holiday schedule. Fortunately or unfortunately we fall under these time frames.

For example, my case got there around Nov end, so by 2 months theory I should have got January end. But I got Feb second half... Not even Feb first half.... So my case took approx 3 months. I am pretty sure that you just got slipped for the month of Feb and you surely would be put on for March.

Good Luck,

dineshgk,

I called up the consulate and they told me that they have received my clearance, they will schedule me for March...just missed Feb as you said.

Thanks a lot for all your support.

good to know

They might have missed FBI check in your 1-140 or you must have bypassed NVC process before reaching consulate. That might be the reason why they had to seek FBI clearence (just guess)..

Congratualtions and good luck ceebee.

We have received the pkt 4 yesterday Jan 21 in US address. I had requested them mail a copy to Indian address but since noone is there currently I am not sure if they mailed it or not in India.

I received Packet 4 yesterday and my interview date Dec19.

I am flying on feb08. For medical test,which hospital is good.

LFG

Originally posted by LFG
I received Packet 4 yesterday and my interview date Dec19.

I am flying on feb08. For medical test,which hospital is good.

LFG

LFG,

I hope your interview is on Feb 19th.

Good luck!;)

The nearest for you would be Breach Candy Hospital. It is near the Consulate area.

Refer to Page 4 of this thread, I have posted the details of Hospitals out there.

GoodLuck,

Quick question: which affidavit of support (for my spouse) should be used? My lawyers sent me form I-134, but I keep seeing I-864 on different sites. Mine in an employment-based petition.

Also, how early do hospital admits medicals, and should I be making reservations for these?

Thanks.

Which affidavit ......

For employment based category you use one I-134 for each member of your family ( spouse + kids ( if born in India )), and
have it notorized.

The other affidavit is for family sponsored categories.

I have called and taken an appointment at Breach Candy. Its easy.... just call them and they will schedule you and give you an confirmation number. The entire process does not take more than a minute or two.

Take Care,