Feb-2003 Interview Tracker - Mumbai

Hello Ranen,

I posted my question to Ron Gotcher and he showed severe doubts on whether the US Consulate will accept the marriage Certificate issued by Indian Consulate, Chicago.

I am still undecided what needs to be done next. Should I take a risk or not is a quesiton now....

Anyway I shall decide on this but Meanwhile I have sent an email to the Consulate in Mumbai and asked them about my situation. Lets hope so that I get a response on that.

Or the Last and final option would be to go to U.P. and show our faces to the Registrar. Make him feel happy and get out new Marriage Certicate issued by them.

Thanks,

dineshgk,
I will rather suggest u not to take risk. If you don't get any feedback from Mumbai consulate, call them and ask them - though u on't have any proof(hard copy) of their reply. I think they will reply you back, else make the marriage registrar be happy - at least u will be 100% confident.
cheers!!
Ranen

Hi Ceebee,

Still I am waiting for Packet 4. They told me interview will be Feb 1 week.

LFG

Hello LFG,

So did you call them ? Or did you get a email reply.

I think your case was reviewed on Nov 19. I dont know whats the difference between AC140 and a regular CP. But I think it takes like 60 days or so after Bombay Consulate gets your packet to them.

And as per the expert analysis of Ranen, month of January is usually slow and hence instead of you getting end of Jan, They will now squeeze you in first week of Feb.

Take Care,

Last edited by a moderator:
Friends,
We will have to wait till Jan15th for the dates on the website.
Any ideas whether the time frame for AC-I140 and regular CP is different after the packet 3 is received at the consulate?.

Thanks.

AC140

Hi everybody,

I just saw this thread today. Is anybody out there who has not given a CP option but have filed for CP through AC-140. Does it create any complications.

I want to ensure that there are no complications, Because we are doing that. Using I -824 reciept and sending papers to Mumbai consulate for CP instead of filing for AOS.Hope its a safe process. Any comments from gurus on this forum. Or would I be screwing the case by doing this?

140 approved on Dec. 6th.

Thanks,
AJ

agw,
When mu I-140 was approved, I was alomost ready to file my 485 and the last minute decided to go the AC-I140 route.
My I-140 was approved on Nov 6th and I have a case number generated by the Mumbai consulate and expect an interview date by middle to end of Feb.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

CP in Mumbai

Thanks CEEBEE, It surely helps. That means I should conservatively expect a date in April.

Did your lawyer submit the case with original I797 and awaited an approval of acceptence from Mumbai consulate before submitting all other documents like (•DS-2001 (Formerly OF-169) , •DS-230 Part I ). Or were all these documents submitted initially.

How much time is required to get the case # after submitting the docs.

Appreciate your response & thanks for your help.

AJ

agw,
If you have not specified CP on your I-140, then you will have to fill I-824 and get the receipt. Once you get the receipt, you will have to mail the Packet 3 along with the original I797 and all other corresponding documents related to the I-140 (Bascially send the whole I-140 file).
Once the consulate receives the Packet3, it takes anywhere from 1-2 weeks for them to generate the case number.

So if you were to file your I-824 in the 1st week of Jan....receipt will be around 15th. If you send the Packet 3 by 20th..the consulate should generate the case number by 30th.

So you are looking at middle of March to end of March.

Hope this help.

Thanks.

Originally posted by LFG
Hi Ceebee,

Still I am waiting for Packet 4. They told me interview will be Feb 1 week.

LFG

===========================
Hi LFG,
I think they will send your pkt-4 towards the end of Jan 1st week or so. Please call them to be sure.
cheers!!
Ranen

Yesterday i called counsulate, they told me that interview will be jan end or feb 1 week. Then i said Jan schedule already released , eventhrough it is possible in jan end. End of 1week they will send Packet4.

LFG

Marriage Certificate Tussle.. Reply from Consulate

Hello Ranen,

I got a reply from the Mumbai Consulate. This reply is in regards to the question I had sent regarding my marriage Certificate issue. I had mentioned in the email clearly that I have these three document proof for my marriage:-

1. Original (New) Marriage Certificate issued by the Consulate General of India, Chicago.
2. A Copy of old Marriag Certificate (Since Original is lost in mail).
3. Both my and my wife's passport are endorsed with spouse name on it.

----------------------------------------------

The Reply they sent to my above email is as follows:-

"If possible, in addition to the following documents, please get a marriage affidavit executed by either of your parent or a close elder relative who attended your wedding. "

So this is a good sign then I can have the affidavits made by both my and my wife's parents and a copy of this email too.

Gang!
I was just wondering what would be the cut-off date for Feb Interviews. My papers were forwarded to the Mumbai Consulate yesterday (Dec 30' 2002).

Thanks a bunch and you all guys have a Happy New Year!. :)

TeeRoy..... You should be getting the Feb Interview. And as per the cut off date, I think it is around 10 of each month ( +- 2 days). Because I was told to get back to them after 10th.

GoodLuck

Cool!
So whom do I contact at the consulate, regarding the interview dates. I was wondering if you have any contact numbers for the Mumbai consulate. Or may be their email address.

Originally posted by TeeRoy
Gang!
I was just wondering what would be the cut-off date for Feb Interviews. My papers were forwarded to the Mumbai Consulate yesterday (Dec 30' 2002).

Thanks a bunch and you all guys have a Happy New Year!. :)

Could you share the approx/exact date when your P3 was received at NVC.

I just kind of wanted to get an idea, if the consulate can assign me a February interview date. Since my case is already keyed into their system (12.23.02) which reached NVC on 12.06.02.

You too have smashing New Year !!

Cheers !

Well here are the dates
TSC/EB2
Aug 22: I 140
Nov 18: P3 at STL
Dec 30: Send To Consulate

You could check my details on www.cptracker.com (TeeRoy)

But just to get you an idea, it would approximately take about 35 to 45 days for them to review and forward it to the consulate from the time your packet reaches STL for review.

You could, download all the data from the www.cptracker.com and run the following sql on it, to get an idea of how things look like.

<sql>
SELECT [Posted By] AS Name, [Category], [Service Center] AS [At], [I 140 AD], [NVC Recd P3 from STL] AS [P3 at STL], [NVC Reviews P3] AS Review, [NVC Sent Case to Consulate] AS [Sent to Consulate], [NVC Reviews P3]-[NVC Recd P3 from STL] AS RevDelta, [NVC Sent Case to Consulate]-[NVC Recd P3 from STL] AS Delta, [P3 Entered by Consulate], [P4 Recd from Consulate]
FROM GC
WHERE [I 140 AD] Between #8/1/2002# And #10/1/2002#
ORDER BY [NVC Sent Case to Consulate] DESC;
</sql>

You could change the date for I 140, that with your dates to narrow it down.

Have a great New Year.

Re: Marriage Certificate Tussle.. Reply from Consulate

Originally posted by dineshgk
Hello Ranen,

I got a reply from the Mumbai Consulate. This reply is in regards to the question I had sent regarding my marriage Certificate issue. I had mentioned in the email clearly that I have these three document proof for my marriage:-

1. Original (New) Marriage Certificate issued by the Consulate General of India, Chicago.
2. A Copy of old Marriag Certificate (Since Original is lost in mail).
3. Both my and my wife's passport are endorsed with spouse name on it.

The Reply they sent to my above email is as follows:-

"If possible, in addition to the following documents, please get a marriage affidavit executed by either of your parent or a close elder relative who attended your wedding. "

So this is a good sign then I can have the affidavits made by both my and my wife's parents and a copy of this email too.

========================================

That's really a great news !! I bet, this piece of information will help lot of other guys too !! This is really new news to me. I think you should carry wedding card and photo too - in addition!!
HAVE A WONDERFUL NEW YEAR !!!!
cheers!!
Ranen

Originally posted by TeeRoy
Well here are the dates
TSC/EB2
Aug 22: I 140
Nov 18: P3 at STL
Dec 30: Send To Consulate

You could check my details on www.cptracker.com (TeeRoy)

But just to get you an idea, it would approximately take about 35 to 45 days for them to review and forward it to the consulate from the time your packet reaches STL for review.

You could, download all the data from the www.cptracker.com and run the following sql on it, to get an idea of how things look like.

<sql>
SELECT [Posted By] AS Name, [Category], [Service Center] AS [At], [I 140 AD], [NVC Recd P3 from STL] AS [P3 at STL], [NVC Reviews P3] AS Review, [NVC Sent Case to Consulate] AS [Sent to Consulate], [NVC Reviews P3]-[NVC Recd P3 from STL] AS RevDelta, [NVC Sent Case to Consulate]-[NVC Recd P3 from STL] AS Delta, [P3 Entered by Consulate], [P4 Recd from Consulate]
FROM GC
WHERE [I 140 AD] Between #8/1/2002# And #10/1/2002#
ORDER BY [NVC Sent Case to Consulate] DESC;
</sql>

You could change the date for I 140, that with your dates to narrow it down.

Have a great New Year.

------------

Thanks for your detailed reply. However, you would be bit surprised to know that my I140 has the same center, same category and same approval dates as yours. And above all of that, even I belong to Mumbai consulate ... isn't that amazing.

So I had a reason to closely monitor your dates. Hope my case also goes out from NVC very soon and am able to get a Feb interview.

Cheers !!