Feb-2003 Interview Tracker - Mumbai

Hi everbody,

Good news finally i got Interview date.

you and your family have been scheduled for an interview on 19Feb2003 at 09:30 a.m. We mailed Packet IV to you on 07Jan2003.

Regards
LFG

Congratulations LFG.

Did you get an email reply or did you call them by phone. Do you think the list for Feb is out.

GoodLuck,

Last edited by a moderator:
I received email today.I am planning to go india feb 8 and my family leaving on Jan18.
Regards
LFG

LFG,
Since your case was created somewhere around 26th November and you were expecting 1st week of february, isnt the interview date a little behind the expected 60 days timeframe?.

The reason for this question is that my case was created somewhere around 23rd december and i was expecting middle of feb to end of march interview date.
Is this a realistic view then?. Just curious.
Also did your attorney get the email notification?.

Friends, please share your date when the case number was created in Mumbai consulate and when is the expected interview date.

Thanks.

My case was created on Nov 19. and i got interview feb 19. Because of holidays it was delayed i think so.

Hello All,

I had sent an email yesterday and got a reply back from them today that I would be scheduled at 9.30 a.m. on Feb 20.

My case was reviewed on Nov 18 and sent to the Consulate on Nov 26.

GoodLuck to All,

dineshgk,
Congratz on getting a interview date...a step closer!.

The consulate received my papers on 16th Dec and they told me that I would also get a interview date somewhere after the middle of february.

I will also mail them and request them for an interview date. Do they respond within couple of days?.
MumbaiIV@state.gov is the right email?.
Do u think getting a feb date is possible?.

Thanks.

They replied to me in a day, but you should give a couple days for a reply. I think you are on the edge but hope that you may get it into Feb.

GoodLuck

Originally posted by dineshgk
Hello All,

I had sent an email yesterday and got a reply back from them today that I would be scheduled at 9.30 a.m. on Feb 20.

My case was reviewed on Nov 18 and sent to the Consulate on Nov 26.

GoodLuck to All,
dineshgk,
I was just wondering if you could share some info about
1. Hotels in and around the US Embassy in Bombay, where we could camp for the night.
2. The contact numbers for the hospitals where we could do our Medicals.
Thanks a bunch and wish you the very best for your final D-Day.

Hospital and Hotel Info

Hello,

I hope this info helps. I have tried to get this from immihlp.com

Hospitals:

Breach Candy Hospital
USA Visa Annex Bldg.
60 Bhulabhai Desai Rd.
Mumbai 400 026 India

Visa applicants needing a medical examination can call the hospital between 1:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. daily for an appointment. The direct phone number for medical appointments is (91)(22) 367-3373. Applicants can also call through the hospital switchboard at 363-3651, 368-5406, or 369-6194 (9 lines), ext. 304.

P. D. Hinduja National Hospital
Veer Savarkar Marg
Mahim, Mumbai 400 016

Immigrant visa applicants interested in using Hinduja Hospital should call the hospital directly at any of the following phone numbers: (91)(22) 444-7076 or 444-7376 (up to 17:30 hrs.), or 445-2422 (10:00 - 12:00, and 13:30 - 14:30 hrs.).

Lilavati Hospital
A-791 Bandra Reclamation
Bandra (West)
Mumbai 400 050
India

Visa applicants can call the hospital between 13:00 and 16:00hrs, Monday through Friday, for an appointment. The direct phone number for a medical appointment is (91) (22) 645-5918. Applicants can also call through the hospital switchboard at (91) (22) 645-5891 or 643-8281, ext. 2074.

About the Hotels: Well I got three Hotels found, but others seems to be very expensive... Like Rs. 3000 per night. The best one is as below:

Hotel Royal Castle
76 August Kranti Marg(Gowalia Tank)
Mumbai - 400 036. Phone: 388 3888(4 Lines)
Fax: 385 4340

The rates are Rs. 900, Rs. 1200 and Rs. 1500.

GoodLuck,

Feb Interview Dates - Schedule

Friends,
The interview schedule is posted on the web site every 15th.
I dont see my case number in the list. Is it possible to call them and request them a date for Feb?.
I see on the interview list that some of the case numbers are listed 3 times...Any ideas?.

Consulate received my case on 16th December and when i called them to confirm whether they had received packet 3, i was told to expect a date after middle of february.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Write an email, they are pretty good at replying to emails. Well that way you also have some documentation that they replied to you with the specifics.

And well if you want then you can also call them.

I remember in one of the posts someone was mentioning that they had told him that they would schedule him but his name was not there in the list. But he found out (email or phone i dont know) that he was scheduled for that month. So confirm with them.

GoodLuck,

dineshgk,
Thanks for the suggestion. I have already sent them a mail before the list was out. So far there is no response from them.
I will wait a couple of days before i send another mail.
Anyone in the same situation, please post whether you were able to see your case number.
Also there were some case numbers that are repeated about 3 times. Guys any insight in this?.
Will keep you guys updated.

Thanks.

dineshgk,
I called them and they mentioned that they havent received clearance......anyone in the same boat?.

They said once they receive clearance they will schedule my interview date.

Is this procedure for everyone or just me?.

Friends, please respond.

Thanks.

Laid Off

Hi, can anybody comment on my question?

What will happen if I got laid off in the middle of the CP process?

I am currently working for the sponsoring company and they won't notify INS about the laid off.

Thanks a lot.

Originally posted by ceebee
dineshgk,
I called them and they mentioned that they havent received clearance......anyone in the same boat?.

They said once they receive clearance they will schedule my interview date.

Is this procedure for everyone or just me?.

Friends, please respond.

Thanks.

ceebee,
Can you please elaborate on your situation? The consulate hasn't received a clearance from whom? And what kind of clearance are they talking about.

Thanks!

Re: Laid Off

Originally posted by atlgc
Hi, can anybody comment on my question?

What will happen if I got laid off in the middle of the CP process?

I am currently working for the sponsoring company and they won't notify INS about the laid off.

Thanks a lot.

atlgc,

This is bad, and I am sorry.

As you probably know, this has severe impact on the GC process, particularly so, if you are in the CP line.

But agian, it depends on what stage your case is in. See whether it is possible to revert back to 485 and take shelter under the AC21 rule.

Discuss with an attorney.

TeeRoy,
The lady over the phone was not willing to give more information. Im not sure whether it was because she did not have much info or whether she did not want to say much.

All she mentioned was that it was a routine check which every case undergoes. Im not sure whether this is an undocumented process which we are not aware of.

I will give them a call once more in the middle of next week to find out more. Will keep you guys posted.

Thanks.