Feb-2003 Interview Tracker - Mumbai

dineshgk

Registered Users (C)
Hello Friends,

Let us track our February Mumbai interviews here.

My details are as below:

Pkt 3 mailed to St. Louis on: Sep 18
Check Cleared on: Oct 8
NVC received pkt from St. Louis on: Oct 16
NVC reviewed Case: Nov 18
NVC sent case to Consulate: Nov. 26

Got a email reply from Consulate on December 11 that they will schedule me for February.

Lets keep track here.

GoodLuck to All.

My case created at counslate on Nov19, My case is EB3,RIR and AC-140.

Labour applied 2/1/2002
Approved 6/15/2002

I-140 Applied 8/23/2002
Approved 10/7/2002.
I-824 applied Oct 26
Attorney send packet 3 to counslate on Nov 12th and case accepted and created 11/19/2002.

And i received mail from counslate:we hope to schedule you for an interview in February 2003. For exact interview date visit our web site at usembassy.state.gov after the 15th of January 2003.

Hello LFG,
Can you give us detail about your AC-140 case? Were you switched from AOS to CP? As, I could not find any clear information about AC-140 and I just wonder whether we can file AC-140 eventhough if you opt CP option in I-140. My lawyer is not giving detail information about AC-140. I appreciate your help. Mumbai is my consulate.

Thanks

kamgc

QUOTE]Originally posted by LFG
My case created at counslate on Nov19, My case is EB3,RIR and AC-140.

Labour applied 2/1/2002
Approved 6/15/2002

I-140 Applied 8/23/2002
Approved 10/7/2002.
I-824 applied Oct 26
Attorney send packet 3 to counslate on Nov 12th and case accepted and created 11/19/2002.

And i received mail from counslate:we hope to schedule you for an interview in February 2003. For exact interview date visit our web site at usembassy.state.gov after the 15th of January 2003.
[/QUOTE]

While applying 1 -140 i opted cp option and once approved then my attorney told me that you r lucky guy Bombay Accept ac-140's. Then my lawyer applied AC-140.

Hello LFG,
Thanks for information. I have another question came in mind. Is it necessary to apply I-824 when you have already opted CP in I-140? I appreciate if you could answer that one.

Thanks

kamgc

Originally posted by LFG
While applying 1 -140 i opted cp option and once approved then my attorney told me that you r lucky guy Bombay Accept ac-140's. Then my lawyer applied AC-140.

Lfg-

Is it safe to assume that once the consulate accepts your case and generates a case number, your interview will be scheduled in about 2 months time?.

I will be sending the packet3 to the consulate in about a weeks time along with the I-824 receipt and AC-I140.

Should middle of March be an aggressive estimate for Interview?.

Thanks.

Regular CP and AC 140

I have seen some posting where individuals have opted for AC-140 and their cases are moving pretty quickly.

My case status:
I-140 approved: Oct 15, 2002
NVC case created: Oct 30, 2002
NVC sent fees bill: Nov 11, 2002
Attorney send MO to St. Louis: Dec 4, 2002

Current status: Waiting to receive Packet 3 from NVC-Portsmouth.

Q1. In what circumstatnces and when can an individual apply for AC-140?
Q2. Which is a better option? Regular CP or AC-140?
Q3. Can an individual convert from a regaular CP to AC-140 at any stage after I-140 has been approved?

Thanks.

Marriage Certificate tussle.....

Just to post you guys on what I did and went thru to get some of my documents supporting marriage Proofs:

First I had both mine and my wife's passport endorsed with spouse name on it. I have heard many saying that this is not required if you have other supporting documents, but anyway I did it just to be on the safe side. (AND BECAUSE PKT 3 MENTIONS THAT THEY NEED THIS).

I had sent our passports to Consulate in Chicago and they did a good job doing the necessary endorsements. I also had PCC done by Chicago Consulate (Both at different time).

Then I was just reviewing my documents and found out that my marriage Certificate has my name written wrongly. Instead of My last name they had written Kumar. This is acceptable in most places in India and infact the Chicago consulate also did accept this to endorse our passports. But even then I thought may be I should might as well get this corrected since I have another two months to go before interview......... And here is a BIG mistake I did.....

I mailed my Original Marriage Certificate along with Power of Attorney and an Affidavit to a place 50 KM from Delhi. Unfortunately the USPS said that they do not do Express mail to that place and suggested to send it via Global Priority Mail. This global mail is supposed to go anywhere in India.... And you know what.... It has not reached yet. And to add to my problems the Marriage Registrar said thet now he want both, husband and wife, to be physically present before him and only then he will be able to issue me a new Marriage Certificate with necessary correction..... I was tensed.

Then I happened to realize that I can get a Marriage Certificate from here in Consulate. So I filled up a Miscelleneous form and they did sent me a new marriage Certificate. This is a simple paper but what is important is that they have they original stamp on it....

So the moral of this story is:
If you have any problems getting any documents.... Then dont panic and dont first try to contact someone in India.... Our consulate General are here for us and take their help in getting your documents. I think almost all or atleast most documents can be got from Indian Consulate here. Infact you might save time and money and also have less tension.

Hope this Helps.

Take Care,
GoodLuck to All......

Last edited by a moderator:
?February Interview

Friends:

What are my chances of Feb interview? CP tracker indicates approx. 60 days from NVC sent to consulate. Is this likely to hold during the holidays?

Pkt 3 mailed to St. Louis on: Oct 18
NVC received pkt from St. Louis on: Nov 18
NVC sent case to Consulate: Dec 17

I am EB1 OR.

You do have a good chance for February... Infact I say you are 99% to get it in Feb.

My Pkt was sent on Nov 26, I am not sure when it reached Consulate.... But due to long weekend I suspect it must have reached in first week of Dec. I got an email saying that I would be set for Feb.

My suggestion would be to send an email to the consulate and give a week for them to reply.

GoodLuck

Friends,
Mumbai Consulate received my packet 3 on December 16th. (At least thats what the courier service shows).
Would late February be a good estimate to get an interview date?.

Mine is an AC-I140 case.

Lets keep in touch.

Thanks.

Feb Interview

Dinesh:

Thanks for the information. Will keep in touch on the board. What is the email address for enquiry of CP interview at Mumbai Consulate?

Thanks

Re: Marriage Certificate tussle.....

Originally posted by dineshgk
Just to post you guys on what I did and went thru to get some of my documents supporting marriage Proofs:

First I had both mine and my wife's passport endorsed with spouse name on it. I have heard many saying that this is not required if you have other supporting documents, but anyway I did it just to be on the safe side. (AND BECAUSE PKT 3 MENTIONS THAT THEY NEED THIS).

I had sent our passports to Consulate in Chicago and they did a good job doing the necessary endorsements. I also had PCC done by Chicago Consulate (Both at different time).

Then I was just reviewing my documents and found out that my marriage Certificate has my name written wrongly. Instead of My last name they had written Kumar. This is acceptable in most places in India and infact the Chicago consulate also did accept this to endorse our passports. But even then I thought may be I should might as well get this corrected since I have another two months to go before interview......... And here is a BIG mistake I did.....

I mailed my Original Marriage Certificate along with Power of Attorney and an Affidavit to a place 50 KM from Delhi. Unfortunately the USPS said that they do not do Express mail to that place and suggested to send it via Global Priority Mail. This global mail is supposed to go anywhere in India.... And you know what.... It has not reached yet. And to add to my problems the Marriage Registrar said thet now he want both, husband and wife, to be physically present before him and only then he will be able to issue me a new Marriage Certificate with necessary correction..... I was tensed.

Then I happened to realize that I can get a Marriage Certificate from here in Consulate. So I filled up a Miscelleneous form and they did sent me a new marriage Certificate. This is a simple paper but what is important is that they have they original stamp on it....

So the moral of this story is:
If you have any problems getting any documents.... Then dont panic and dont first try to contact someone in India.... Our consulate General are here for us and take their help in getting your documents. I think almost all or atleast most documents can be got from Indian Consulate here. Infact you might save time and money and also have less tension.

Hope this Helps.

Take Care,
GoodLuck to All......

===========================
Dineshgk,
I haven't visited this thread for a long time, anyway, I have a quick point for you. Indian Consulate do issue birth certificate, marriage certificate etc... but you know US consulate generally don't recognise them, at least my attorney said this. I was just going to get my birth certificate from Indian consulate and then on my attorney's advice, I went for affidavait and non-availability certificate. One of my friends who applied for AOS has encountered the same stuff for his Birth Certificate and incidentally, he was processing through some other attorney. So, I beleive in the fact that BC issued by Consulate General of India might be a problem. Regarding marriage certificate, though I'm not sure, please get it verified by US consulate at Mumbai. I would rather ask you to send them a mail detailing how ur mail is mis-placed etc. If you are becoming anxious with this post, please execuse me, my point is not to make you worried. Since u have at least a month left u can try to arrange for another marriage cerificate from India - u might like to go little early and get the certificate, it should not take more than a week or so. You can talk to ur attorney even to validate the certificate you have got from Indian Consulate .
Please take this as a friendly suggestion.
cheers!!
Ranen

Ranen,

Thanks for your input. You are right that they are very particular about the Birth Certificate. And I am not sure how they are about Marriage Certificate, but before taking one from Indian Consulate, I asked particularly to these guys and got a reply saying yes they do accept it.

I plan to go with what I have. But yes, to clarify my doubts further, I might send an email to the Consulate asking about this. Also let me post this question to Ron Gotcher.

Thanks,

dineshgk,
Asking Ron Gotcher is a very good and reliable move !!!
Thanks for your sporting attitude !!
cheers!!
Ranen

Friends,
Just called up the consulate, they gave me the case number and asked me to check the site after Jan15th. The person over the phone told me anytime after middle of Feb should be the interview date.

LFG....any news on your interview date?.
Guys please keep on posting.

Thanks.

Hello Ceebee,

Your Case reached Mumbai Consulate on Dec 16 and they have told you might get an interview for anytime in second half of the month. Thats a good news.... Consgrats.

I think that these guys set an interview approx 60 days or so after the packet is received by them.

GoodLuck,