Feb \'02 CP - Plastic Card Tracker

gabbar, My photo was not stappled; My wife\'s was. POE did not collect none of ours.

We just received our Cards. POE: JFK. DOE: 2/9.

Received cards in 12 calendar days

POE - Chicago, DOE - 3/1/02, Cards received on 3/12/02
No typos. No surprises.

Cheers.

No Title

POE - JFK on Feb 23. Card received on Mar 14.
Interview date- Feb 15.

Good Luck Every one waiting for card.

Are we supposed to carry the cards with us always...

that\'s what the INS lady at the POE said. I guess that\'s too risky and not wise. any opinion? i travel a lot and so raising this question.

Shri Ganesh - YES

The law is you have to carry evidence of lawful status at all times. This was not enforced prior to 9/11 but I would carry evidence especially on flights.

thats wierd

when u were on an H1 , did u carry the passport , wherever you
went.

Carry a copy of the GC with u ... thats easy ..

I m not about to carry my GC to every singlr night club in manhattan.

Its a law , but I dont think they are enforcing it yet .

Lets see if I ever run into trouble at the airport I ll start carrying it .

I have never been asked for the docs either but...

I went to grad school here and got Ph.D in the late 80\'s, worked for a few years, (went back to India for a long time) and came back in 99 and have been here since. In all this time, I HAVE NEVER BEEN ASKED FOR THESE DOCUMENTS ... BUT

From Immigration-law.com
Updated 09/26/01: It\'s the Law - Carry Registration Documents

This is the provision of the immigration statute which has received least amount of attention and least enforced until now when some nonimmigrants were questioned by the INS officers when they tried to fly on domestic flights. However, it is the law that all the aliens should carry with them all the time registration documents. The law provides:
Every alien, eighteen years of age and over, shall at all times carry with him and have in his personal possession any certificate of alien registration or alien registration receipt card issued to him pursuant to subsection (d). Any alien who fails to comply with the provisions of this subsection shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and shall upon conviction for each offense be fined not to exceed $100 or be imprisoned not more than thirty days, or both.
What registration documents one needs to carry?
Evidence of registration. The following forms constitute evidence of registration:
I - 94, Arrival-Departure Record -- Aliens admitted as nonimmigrants; aliens paroled into the United States under section 212(d)(5) of the Immigration and Nationality Act; aliens whose claimed entry prior to July 1, 1924, cannot be verified, they having satisfactorily established residence in the United States since prior to July 1, 1924; and aliens granted permission to depart without the institution of deportation proceedings.
I - 95, Crewmen\'s Landing Permit -- Crewmen arriving by vessel or aircraft.
I - 151, (Removed effective 8/19/96; 61 FR 37673 )
I - 184, Alien Crewman Landing Permit and Identification Card -- Crewmen arriving by vessel.
I - 185, Nonresident Alien Canadian Border Crossing Card -- Citizens of Canada or British subjects residing in Canada.
I - 186, Nonresident Alien Mexican Border Crossing Card -- Citizens of Mexico residing in Mexico.
I - 221, Order to Show Cause and Notice of Hearing -- Aliens against whom deportation proceedings are being instituted.
I - 221S, Order to Show Cause, Notice of Hearing, and Warrant for Arrest of Alien -- Aliens against whom deportation proceedings are being instituted.
I - 551, Permanent Resident Card -- Lawful permanent resident of the United States. (Amended effective 1/20/99; 63 FR 70313 )
I - 688, Temporary Resident Card-Lawful temporary residents of the United States.
I - 688A, Employment Authorization Card.
I - 688B, Employment Authorization Document. (Added effective 10/4/96; 61 FR 46534 )

I - 766, Employment Authorization Document. (Added effective 10/4/96; 61 FR 46534 )Back to Top

DOE 2/24/02 at IAD Dulles Washington DC. Got plastic card on 3/5/02....just 9 days! CAN ANYBODY BEAT

Congrats guys

I hope this present trend of Quick cards continue
I will be entering in april.
CP done march 18th. lasted 10 minutes. Spouse and i got package
CP ROCKS