FBI name checks, how long ?????

inga15

Registered Users (C)
I have filled for I-485 and my husband filed I-130 last year. About six weeks ago I ask our sentor's office to check a status of my case. Today, I received a letter, from the senator's office that BCIS is waiting for an FBI name check.
Does anybody know how long do they take?
Any info will be apreciated.
Thanks you
Inga

Inga,

We are also waiting on my husband's FBI name check per information from our congressman and INS. We filed our family based I-485 in August 2001. After a three year backlong, my husband was finally fingerprinted in May 2004, and we had our interview on June 28, 2004. I have heard that the name check can take 3- 6 months. I just recently fax, e-mailed, and wrote the FBI about the status of the check.

INS told my husband this last Thursday when he went in person to receive his 4th EAD: After the name check clearance from the FBI comes in, INS can make a decision on the approval of the I-485 fairly quickly. Hope this helps.

Kiska
RD August 28, 2001
EAD #1 Oct. 2001
AP #1 Dec. 2001
EAD #2 Oct.2002
AP # 2 Dec. 2001
EAD #3 Oct. 2003
FP May 11, 2004
FP clearance May 13, 2004
Interview June 28, 2004
EAD # 4 Oct. 7, 2004
name check clearance???
Approval???
Charleston, SC office

time for namecheck

mine took 2 weeks aprrox(actually 10days). Froom what i have seen here I think it takes anywhere from 2 weeks to 6months depending on who is handling the case and any other factors.

for my parents it took two weeks. For my other friends (DV) - 8 months. They were really freaking out, since you only have till Sept 30th to get your visas. Got them last week of August.

Thank you for your responces.
I have called BCIS in early September, and they told me that FBI check has been submitted in March, no responce so far. Also the BCIS officer told me that she re-submitted the request again while she was on the phone with me.
Does it sound real to you? :confused:
Thanks
Inga