FBI name check

Hi there, i applied for my case on March 31st, it was received by April 2nd, 2015. So far no interview letter received. Checked with infopass, they mentioned my case is stuck in background checks.

I am talking with a lawyer to see what are my options. Please note that I had to file WoM to get my green card. I had help from attorney.

I am also stuck in background check for N400. No interview letter yet. How long should we wait before we file WOM???

Nothing new to report on my case. My N-400 has been pending 2 years and 2 months now but we're still waiting for our interview calls. Been to countless InfoPass appointments and contacted Senators/Congresspersons at regular intervals but I get the same reply that I have to keep waiting because security checks not completed yet. I was considering filing WOM an year back but had someone suggest I wait a bit. Unfortunately nothing has come out of this 2 year wait.

jwdkhan, the wait sucks. I'm coming up on about a year since filing without an interview. Where is your local office?

This is insane. File WOM! Or, at least inform them of your INTENT to file WOM within, say, 30 days or whatever, and send it to the field office, district office, and DHS. And, if they don't respond, follow through, so this means get things together. I realise you have a muslim name, which could be a cause for a lengthier name check, but this long? You could also first file a FOIPA request with the FBI.

Need some help here. It has now been 2 years and 6 months since I filed for our N-400 along with my wife - no response/update other than the default replies from Infopass/phone queries/Senator/Ombudsman's offices and still waiting for our interview calls. I have been contacting everyone at regular intervals and each time am told that it is just around the corner. I now believe I should have acted earlier, there seems to be no end to this wait.

Thanks cafeconleche for your suggestions above. I tried going through the first thread on this forum 'Anyone with a lawsuit against USCIS or thinking about a lawsuit (Merged)' but that is now 923 pages long and the information seems somewhat dated. In my case where I have not even been called for an interview yet, do I file an 'Intent to file WOM' first? I had requested an FOIA on my case an year and a half back and the last entry on my case summary page says: "no reason to deny citizenship application" but then looks like it is sent back again for name checks. I suppose I can mention this in my Intent letter along with copies of all the Infopass appointments and letters to Senators/Congresswomen?

Do I mail my letter/attachments to my Local Field Office (Seattle), District Office (??) and DHS only? There seems to be a draft letter from the above thread here - is this format acceptable? Is there anything else I should write/include in the letter/s?

Thanks for any advice.

Hi there, i applied for my case on March 31st, it was received by April 2nd, 2015. So far no interview letter received. Checked with infopass, they mentioned my case is stuck in background checks.

I am talking with a lawyer to see what are my options. Please note that I had to file WoM to get my green card. I had help from attorney.

Hi there,

I am also in a similar situation, I filed 485 exactly a year ago and my PD is May 2004.
Did you file WOM? If you file could you please provide me the content of the petition after hiding your personal information.

Hi rafacena, I was still in the process of gathering information when I checked today and my case status has changed to 'Case is in line for an Interview - we will send you an interview notice shortly'. This is after a 2 years 8 months wait since filing my N-400. Hopefully there won't be any scheduling delays or any issues during the interview.

I received a notice to appear for fingerprinting again next week. I am not sure of the reasoning for this but assume this is because it's been close to 3 years since we had the last ones done. At least something seems to be moving now.

I am in the same boat, we applied for N-400 more than a year ago and the interview is not scheduled yet. We did multiple case status request/Congresswoman/Senator/ DHS and received the same response that my husband name check is not done yet, but they are holding both of our cases. I prepared the WOM and sent a copy of the complaint to USCIS a month ago, notifying them of my intention of filing the WOM on Aug 15, we did not receive any response yet (their deadline is Aug 11) so I am preparing the package to be filed next Monday. Hopefully it makes them expedite the process.

Finally our online cases status changed to 'Interview Was Scheduled'. Now waiting for the actual interview letters and interview date.

Salam Jwdkhan, I hope you already passed your interview. I have been scheduled for interview at Seattle office. I have a question for you; does the Seattle office conducts Oath, and give an option to apply for passport on same as interview day?

Walaikumasalam Kingn. Finally after a very long wait, we had our interviews yesterday at the USCIS Seattle office. The interview and tests went well and the officer let us know that she was approving our citizenship cases and asked whether we would like to attend our oath ceremony the same day. We attended the oath ceremony at 1:00 PM yesterday and received our citizenship certificates. So to answer your question, yes the Seattle office has same day oath ceremonies all 4 week days except Fridays (I asked). Once you receive your citizenship certificate, you can apply for a passport the same day, at any passport acceptance location (Passport Agencies, Post Office or Court Houses), if they are still open for the day at the time and you already have all your documents prepared. We will be applying today at the Redmond Court House, the lines are generally shorter and quicker than what I have seen at our local post office.

So we are finally US citizens 18 years after entering the US, almost 8 years after our greencards and 3 years after submitting our N-400 applications. I'll provide more details on my interview experience shortly under the Seattle N-400 timeline thread. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask.

Khan, many congrats on your citizenship. Thanks for all your inputs, it definitely helping other petitioners and provides some peace of mind. When do you expect to receive your passport?

Thanks. I was in no hurry and applied for regular processing. I was told we should receive our passports in 4 - 6 weeks.

Thanks. I was in no hurry and applied for regular processing. I was told we should receive our passports in 4 - 6 weeks.

Congrats on your US Citizenship. I had no idea the process was so long in order to become citizen. I'm still trying with the DV Lottery and hoping to have some luck this year and be able to relocate to the United States.

Thanks. My case is not typical of the large majority of cases, which are processed and approved much sooner. For whatever reason my journey to US citizenship has been delayed at every stage owing to name and security checks starting from the time of my H1-B work visa renewals, to the processing and approval of our green cards and then our citizenship applications. I am glad that is all behind us now. Best of luck with your DV lottery application. That is certainly a good/faster option to come and live in the US and I hope you are successful in getting one this time.

Thanks. My case is not typical of the large majority of cases, which are processed and approved much sooner. For whatever reason my journey to US citizenship has been delayed at every stage owing to name and security checks starting from the time of my H1-B work visa renewals, to the processing and approval of our green cards and then our citizenship applications. I am glad that is all behind us now. Best of luck with your DV lottery application. That is certainly a good/faster option to come and live in the US and I hope you are successful in getting one this time.

Its one of the good and fastest but at the same time so difficult to obtain, since winning chances are just around at a 1%, but who knows and luck might be on my side this year. I will keep on trying while this program last, since its one of my dreams to live in the US permanently :)

Salam Khan,

I'm scheduled soon for the interview, wondering what questions they ask normally, do you remember yours?

Best,
Kingn