FBI Name Check

my advise to you will be take another infopass and find out may be your name check has cleared , there are many instances where uscis does not even bother to look into cases even when the name checks have been cleared , you have to give them a nudge , if you still see that its pending file a WOM

yup...i am already scheduled that for the new yr. besides that i want to make sure i petition every damn person in the world before so i am armed with all of these before i sue...
need help in regards to that

Hello All,
I'm new to the forum. Thought I'd join and discuss similar issues with everyone.

We've been waiting for my Background Check to clear for a while. It seems that process is taking forever. This whole Immigration process is so frustrating and not to mention expensive. We filed for my GC 2 years ago and I still don't have a GC. We wrote to our congressmen and even the Senator to no avail. All their response was "sorry we cannot expedite DHS process." It seemed they had trouble reading my plain letter...all I asked them was to find out what is taking this long and to see if the papers were not lost or forgotten under someone's desk, I never mentioned expediting the process. But I guess these letters are standard responses to all Immigration related letters they receive. So we decided to hire a lawyer earlier this year to look into the matter ($$$). She tried whatever she could (made some pokes here and there but she didn't get any responds) and just gave up saying there's nothing else she could do. So we hired another lawyer recently and from talking to him it seems like he knows what he's doing and may have better contacts than the previous one, again $$$. So we're waiting for a response from our lawyer to see what he is able to find out.

On my own, I called the FBI office yesterday to find out where things were regarding my background check and they said that my finger prints were cleared and results sent to the USCIS office last year but the Name Check is done by a separate department and they do not like to speak to general public. Go figure! The person on the phone also mentioned that the Name Check department is going through a serious back log and people have been waiting a very long time to get cleared. It's been 1.5 years since my interview and I have no information since then. We don't know what else to do...

Here's my timeline:

12/30/2005 - Sent I-485/I-130/I-765/I-864/I-693/G-325 to Chicago Lockbox
01/2005 - Receive notices from INS saying they have our papers
01/2005 - Date for Biometrics/fingerprint
02/14/2006 - FBI sent Fingerprint report to USCIS
02/18/06 - Received New EAD
06/28/06 - Interview with Immigration Officer (All looks good - he said)
Since then Pending Background Check from FBI
01/10/07 - Filed for renewal EAD
02/15/07 - Biometrics/fingerprint date
03/22/06 - Received renewed EAD 2
11/15/07 - Filed for renewal EAD ($340) :(
12/18/07 - Biometrics/Fingerprint date
12/26/07 - Received renewed EAD 3

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok this is getting very frustrating , the I-140 petition filed by my previous employer is now outside the current processing time , and this related A file has been requested at Garden City , which still has not reached their damn office even after 140 days

can anyone advise what should I do to get their bums off their chairs and start working on my case ?

Hello Shahpr & frantiscky,

Apart from infopass, have you guys tried writing to Congressman? I am pretty sure you have tried writing to them. I am still waiting to hear from USCIS on progress on my GC, however, the Congressman's Office has been a big big help in terms of contacting their liason in USCIS and following up on the issues (apart from Namecheck).

maybe they can help as they have access to someone in USCIS who can get u answers.

yes I did contact the congressman's office and they enquired about the same , they got back to me and said the same things that immigration tells me all the time "once the file gets there , it will be taken care of"

I am completely FED UP with these people it has been over 5 months they have requested this file transfer and still it has not been transferred

Last edited by a moderator:
PintoBean,

My time line is VERY similar to yours... my name got cleared Dec 10th.

I am not 100% sure what triggered their response, but i got my 3rd EAD just 6 weeks prior to getting my name cleared. Besides that, this is what i did : http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1825861&postcount=1082 .

If you need a lawyer to file a case, maybe the guy who was going to do it for me might be able to do it. I know he can work in VA, not sure about MD.

Hello,

I've been searching on the net about the talked bill that congress is considering to expedite the back log name check process, but can't seem to find much. Does anyone here know what is the status on that?

Also, I see here mentioned writing to Laura Bush, how do you find the address to write to her? I am little confused with that one.

My name check has been pending since 11/30/2004. And that's the only thing holding my gc.

I've contacted recently Congressman's office and I was told pretty much nothing can be done about it and I gotta wait!!

Thanks for the replies!!!

contact details

does anyone have the contact information for the district director of uscis for the new york and the nebraska region ? would be grateful if someone shares the info

thanks

yes send them a notice , they may even adjudicate ur case even without filing the wom , but please take a word from people who have have been sucessfull after filing a wom

champagne!

Hi,

Very good day today. Went to Charlotte, NC with my wife (USC) for second interview. The officer was very nice to us. He said the name check had cleared a couple weeks ago. He went ahead and stamped my passport saying I was a permanent resident as of today and I would receive the card in the mail soon.

The other sweet part is that the green card I will receive will be permanent since I've been married for over 2 years. So in the end it's a good deal.

sr9x and ncgc2006, i will send you a pm with more details since you are in north carolina too.

Thanks for all of you who posted your information! I constantly checked your answers and comments and it was extremely useful to guide me in the application.

Best wishes!

noar

Noar, maybe i am a very positive person, but, i'd expect getting your passport stamped during your second interview.

In my case, similar at yours, i had my interview when i had only 1.5 years of marriage. I got my name cleared after almost 2 years, and my appt. for new FP's is in Jan. I expect that after my FP, i will have a second interview to proof that we are still married, since now i have more than 2 years of marriage and i should get the 10 year GC. And yes, i expect as well having my passport stamped that day :D

Hello BlackStripes,

You were 100% right! I got my passport stamped today. I am now a permanent resident, can't believe it. Thanks for diffusing your optimism and good luck to you!

Noar

Guys,

It looks like I am done with this NC , after 2.5 years of wait.

The online status is as below:

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On January 3, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register

Any idea abou this ADIT processing?

My Timeline is as below:RD for I-130,I-765,I-485: 05/10/05
ND for I-130,I-765,I-485: 06/03/05
Fingerprinting: 07/19/05
1st EAD Received on :07/XX/05
AOS interview:01/06/06 (Approved but pending NC)
2nd Fingerprinting:12/08/07
Online i-485 Approval:01/03/08