FBI Name Check

hi everyone... I have been a silent listener for months to this forum. God Bless you all for the help thats been floating around. I am a victim of background check as well. things just don't seem to get better for me but the happiness of some of you after getting cleared has been helping my time go by.
My timelines are as follow
nov 06..... I 765/I30/I45 houston, TX
dec 06......biometrics notice
Feb 07......EAD received
mar 07......interview( approved ) pending Name Check
mar 07.......I 30 approved

almost ten months now.. and still no news

i have contacted the uscis two, three times all they tell me WAIT... last time they sent me a letter saying wait six months before contacting them again. After reading this forum for months i decided to get infopass for tomorrow. maybe God might change things for me. congratulations to all who got thru this NC crap.... i have prayed several times for everybody around here and myself...
any suggestions or comments would be more than appreciated for my infopass
Any chances of the IO getting convinced and stamping my passport. My mom went thru cancer surgery and my dad bypass. Haven't seen them in almost 4 years now

Hi sr9x,

I am exactly in the same case as you. USCIS received my application in Jan 06, i.e 4 months after we got married. We had the initial interview in March 06 and things were wrapped up in less than 5 minutes. Since then, my case has been pending because of name check.

We moved from NY to Durham last June and shortly after the move I received a 2nd FP notice. Had to go to Charlotte in August but didn't hear back from CIS until last Friday where I received a request to show up for a 2nd interview - which they called an "initial interview" as if to mock me. The interview is on the 3rd of January.

I hate to say this but I wouldn't keep my expectations too high in terms of getting a stamp on the day of the interview. This said, we would certainly deserve this bit of luck. I'll let you know how my interview goes and vice versa it would be nice to hear your experience.

Good luck and I sincerely trust that your case will be resolved soon!

Noar

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate to say this but I wouldn't keep my expectations too high in terms of getting a stamp on the day of the interview. This said, we would certainly deserve this bit of luck. I'll let you know how my interview goes and vice versa it would be nice to hear your experience.

Noar, maybe i am a very positive person, but, i'd expect getting your passport stamped during your second interview.

In my case, similar at yours, i had my interview when i had only 1.5 years of marriage. I got my name cleared after almost 2 years, and my appt. for new FP's is in Jan. I expect that after my FP, i will have a second interview to proof that we are still married, since now i have more than 2 years of marriage and i should get the 10 year GC. And yes, i expect as well having my passport stamped that day :D

Thanks Noar

Hi sr9x,

I am exactly in the same case as you. USCIS received my application in Jan 06, i.e 4 months after we got married. We had the initial interview in March 06 and things were wrapped up in less than 5 minutes. Since then, my case has been pending because of name check.

We moved from NY to Durham last June and shortly after the move I received a 2nd FP notice. Had to go to Charlotte in August but didn't hear back from CIS until last Friday where I received a request to show up for a 2nd interview - which they called an "initial interview" as if to mock me. The interview is on the 3rd of January.

Good luck and I sincerely trust that your case will be resolved soon!

Noar

Thanks Noar. I hope they move fast on simple and straight-forward cases like ours. I will definitely let you know how my interview went - mine is on Jan 11.

hi everyone... I have been a silent listener for months to this forum. God Bless you all for the help thats been floating around. I am a victim of background check as well. things just don't seem to get better for me but the happiness of some of you after getting cleared has been helping my time go by.
My timelines are as follow
nov 06..... I 765/I30/I45 houston, TX
dec 06......biometrics notice
Feb 07......EAD received
mar 07......interview( approved ) pending Name Check
mar 07.......I 30 approved

almost ten months now.. and still no news

i have contacted the uscis two, three times all they tell me WAIT... last time they sent me a letter saying wait six months before contacting them again. After reading this forum for months i decided to get infopass for tomorrow. maybe God might change things for me. congratulations to all who got thru this NC crap.... i have prayed several times for everybody around here and myself...
any suggestions or comments would be more than appreciated for my infopass
Any chances of the IO getting convinced and stamping my passport. My mom went thru cancer surgery and my dad bypass. Haven't seen them in almost 4 years now

try to request them to expedite it based on "hardship" ... if they refuse, the file a law suit... here's how
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=194681&page=492

hi guys

Had my infopass appointment today, no help whatsoever, same rotten answer "Keep Waiting". the IO just slapped with a paper saying USCIS has nothing to do with national security checks. Like you said Hiram request expedite service based on hardship, believe me doesn't help. Little do they care what our families go thru back home.
As far as law suit is concerned even MR. Rajiv khanna said in his conference calls that it doesn't help. the govt. easily slips out of the cracks.
One big question I have guys is when I filed my I30/I485/I765, I actually never filed for the advance parole as my attorney advised me to. To him its taking a lot of risk as the security loves harrassing us people by asking stupid questions. Anyways, considering my stupid Background check is pending, can I file for the I 131 now? or will it jeopardize my entire case. Suggestions please ........

better late than never

hi guys

Had my infopass appointment today, no help whatsoever, same rotten answer "Keep Waiting". the IO just slapped with a paper saying USCIS has nothing to do with national security checks. Like you said Hiram request expedite service based on hardship, believe me doesn't help. Little do they care what our families go thru back home.
As far as law suit is concerned even MR. Rajiv khanna said in his conference calls that it doesn't help. the govt. easily slips out of the cracks.
One big question I have guys is when I filed my I30/I485/I765, I actually never filed for the advance parole as my attorney advised me to. To him its taking a lot of risk as the security loves harrassing us people by asking stupid questions. Anyways, considering my stupid Background check is pending, can I file for the I 131 now? or will it jeopardize my entire case. Suggestions please ........

u can file I131 anytime after or along with 485. go ahead...no 1 can stop u or jeopardize ur case...
not sure why ur lawyer is scaring u abour filing 131...they just want to feel important, it seems, by giving u strong advices like these. go ahead...travel, come back, wait for 30-60 minutes at the airport..no1 should harass u unless you have something to hide ...

ok here I am ..lol

any1 feeling the conspicuous absence of frankicsky in this thread ? he is an hourly poster here..wondering if anything is wrong. :eek:

Ok here I am , I got my name check cleared , but I am still waiting for my GC because eventually uscis has to transfer an older A file from the nebraska service center to my present DO and then give final approval on the case , I was checking their processing times they still havent updated anything for december :confused: , I will be back on a regular basis from Monday , I am indeed basking in the sun in Hawaii

Welcome back!!!!!!

Ok here I am , I got my name check cleared , but I am still waiting for my GC because eventually uscis has to transfer an older A file from the nebraska service center to my present DO and then give final approval on the case , I was checking their processing times they still havent updated anything for december :confused: , I will be back on a regular basis from Monday , I am indeed basking in the sun in Hawaii

Welcome back Franticsky!!!!

What's the weather like in Hawaii??

seems like USCIS has been on a holiday entire december , no online updates regarding the processing dates , the last update is 14th november :mad:

Hey guys,

I went to my infopass yesterday. I was told that Namecheck had been cleared in October 07. I had my 2nd FP on December 2007.

IO mentioned that the case should be on track and we should be hearing something within 60 days. I think it has to do with NC Charlotte DO office. I dont know why even after getting all the FP's done and NC being cleared it is taking them so long to process the case. It seems they have forgotten to process the files.

Will I have to go through another interview?

Still waiting to hear or get an email update.

It sure is frustrating that I have to take off from work every time I have to take an infopass as our DO office is about 2 hrs. drive from where we live.

congrats ncgc , I am still waiting , dont know when will i get mine , still waiting for the file transfer , anoher thing is i sent a letter to my IO a few weeks back and that letter has been returned to my address for some reason , may be he has got transferred :confused:

even though

...I have my much-awaited-for card in hand already, I came back to wish all of us (past, present and future) NC victims Marry Christmas!

Especially, you, franticsky - do not lose faith! Good luck!

thank you Rambela

Thank You Rambela , I am happy for you that your ordeal has finally ended , congratulations to all others too , as for me I am still waiting

Hey everybody,

I am the guy who started this thread a yr and a half ago and guess what....despite seeing so many approvals (really happy for all of them)..... I am still stuck. Its now 2 yrs since i first did my application and I still don’t see any update since the one I had last heard at the interview - June 28th 2006. really frustrated now becoz this is the 3rd EAD and AP renewal I am applying for now and want this ordeal to end - especially after hearing that the name-check process has become a lot more faster now.

Anybody has suggestions how should I go about starting this. I know about WOM but before i resort to that.. i want to make sure that I have exhausted all my appeal process to all possible people - Ombudsman, Laura Bush etc....

Please suggest (if any thread which has all the options to write to ppl) - that will be a big help

Thanks in advance