FBI Name Check

I have been waiting on Name check since August 2006. Have a dumb question how do I get USCIS to initiate a service request. Guidance will be appreciated.

Franticsky,
Thanks a bunch for the response. I guess I should have asked this question earlier. Within 4 hours of your response got an email from CRIS as well on line case status changed to follows.

On December 6, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Unquote.

Can someone explain what ADIT processing means? How long have I to wait before I get the physical plastic card and declare victory?

My time lines were as follows.

Aug 14, 2006 - Intervied in DORA program at Dallas DO (90 day wing to wing processing claims under DORA by USCIS - which is tall claim)
Nov. 14, 2006 - Got 1st EAD and AP.
Sep. 20, 2007 - Got 2nd EAD and AP.
Dec. 6, 2007 - Case staus changed as stated above

I am travelling out of the country Mid January 2008. Was wondering if I should expect my card before then or should I go ahead and get France Transit visa.

My GC journey is almost over. Light at end of tunnel is visible bright and clear. Read my above post for detais.

Have been a silent non particpating visitor on this forum. Wish you all the very best and wish you all to see light at the end of tunnel.

My GC journey is almost over. Light at end of tunnel is visible bright and clear. Read my above post for detais.

Have been a silent non particpating visitor on this forum. Wish you all the very best and wish you all to see light at the end of tunnel.

I got your PM.
For all I understand, ADIT processing in the context of such a message (which is quite standard, I received the same as well) means that if your I-485-related fingerprints, signature and photos are still good, USCIS are simply going to mail you the card.

If, say, you I-485-related fingerprints have already expired, USCIS will issue you an FP notice and, once you comply, will mail you the card.

Whether they can or want transfer, say, good fingerprints from an I-765 case to replace the expired one in I-485 case (thus eliminating the need for an FP visit and wait), I do not know.

In my case, my I-485-related FP was rescanned into an EAD renewal but I received an FP notice anyway....

Good luck!

I would like to thanks everyone for their help, support and contribution to this forum. Wish you all the best who are still waiting for name check.

I have final received the email after being struck in name check for 20 months. My timelines are as follows:

I-130, I-485 filed – Mar 2006
I-130 approved - Oct 2006
I-485 Pending for Name Check (IO advised at interview in Oct 2006)
I-485 approved on Dec 4, 2007

Thanks

Keep hoping that i will be posting a big ol' thank you to everyone but no luck so far. Its good to see that the back log is clearing.

- J

Hey Hiram & all,

For all those people who have been stuck in NC for more than 2 years and have had to go for 2nd FP, how long after the 2nd FP submitted was your GC approved.

I was told that USCIS is sending notices for 2nd FP only after NC has been cleared. Is that true?

ngc

yes it is true...
my GC was approved 48 hours after the 2nd fingerprint
i got my 2nd FP after filing a law suit and after 22 months from the 1st FP...

u will get your green card before January 7, 2007

Is their anyone waiting in Name check that is yet to have the interview? they scheduled and cancelled my interview twice and has never been scheduled again. Apparently at the Vermont sub-offices they dont schedule interview until name check is cleared.
- J

I remember reading something like that. I thought that was countrywide, but seems its not. Yeah, some places are scheduling the interview only after the name check is cleared. Honestly, kinda makes sense.

In my case, I had the interview 15 months ago (before our second anniversary), so we most likely need another interview anyway when the name check clears.

Hey hiram,

I had 2nd FP last week, but still no update on GC. I tried calling Customer Service with the hope to hear that NC is cleared or at least talk to IO but was a futile effort.

With every day passing by, with no updates or LUD, it is making me nervous.

GC Received

Just wanted to let everyone know my name check got cleared and I received GC yesterday.

Here is my timeline.
AOS NS: March 8th 2007
AOS Interview: June 25th 2007
Second Interview: November 15th 2007
GC Received: Dec 6th 2007

130: Pending

Just wanted to let everyone know my name check got cleared and I received GC yesterday.

Here is my timeline.
AOS NS: March 8th 2007
AOS Interview: June 25th 2007
Second Interview: November 15th 2007
GC Received: Dec 6th 2007

130: Pending

Congrats, chicagolady!

As for me, I just received the "card production ordered" email from CRIS...:)

Thought some of you might be interested in the excerpt below from the Murthy Bulletin posted today.

http://www.murthy.com/mb_pdf/120707_P.html

DHS Indicates It Will Expedite FBI Name Checks
©MurthyDotCom
Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary Michael Chertoff indicated in a November 2007 meeting with the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) and other organizations that the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) will make significant changes to the existing name-check process. The goal of these changes is to clear the backlog of immigration cases that are pending due to name-check delays. In addition to clearing the backlog, the changed procedures should permit further expedited processing of such cases, to prevent future name-check delay backlogs. Secretary Chertoff, however, warned that some checks would still be delayed by investigations, but this number should be significantly reduced.
©MurthyDotCom
Criteria to Expedite Name-Check Delays
©MurthyDotCom
As MurthyDotCom and MurthyBulletin readers may recall from our March 2, 2007 article Policy on Expediting FBI Name Checks : Very Limited, the USCIS criteria to expedite cases stalled due to FBI name-check delays include military deployment; age-out cases not covered under the Child Status Protection Act (CSPA) and applications affected by sunset provisions such as green card lottery; significant and compelling reasons, such as a critical medical condition; and loss of social security benefits or other subsistence at the discretion of the USCIS district director. A large number of applicants and petitioners, however, continue to benefit from filing writ of mandamus against the government in U.S. federal courts. This still appears to be a valuable mechanism to compel the government to expedite adjudication of delayed cases.
©MurthyDotCom
Conclusion
©MurthyDotCom
It should be noted that this change only relates to cases delayed due to name checks. It does not address delays for other reasons and in no way addresses the problems faced by those with Applications for Adjustment of Status (I-485) who are waiting for visa number availability.
©MurthyDotCom
It remains to be seen whether the changes in procedures will be sufficient for the FBI to succeed in expediting the name-check process and clearing the backlog. Even if the backlog of cases is cleared, however, there will still be cases delayed due to ongoing investigations. Individuals affected by these types of delays may still benefit from requesting expedited treatment of their cases through administrative and legal procedures.
©MurthyDotCom
Copyright © 2007, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

hey all,
I read some of you had already got your name cleared from the FBI. I just have a quick questions, did you get any updates on your online status? My name check is cleared back on 10/11/07. But as of today, I still have not heard anything from USCIS. I went to INFOPASS twice already. All they told me was to wait some more time. I went to the DORA program so I know I am outside of the proccess time (90 days). Any suggestions or comments will be appreciated.

Another success...

Hi All:

To add to the list of recent success stories and provide hope to those pending...I received my card production mail recently...here's my timeline.

Good luck everyone,
gk6

H1-B married to USC
Nationality: Indian
D.O: Manchester, NH
3/19/07: Mailed forms to VSC (my mistake should have mailed to Chicago lockbox)
3/21/07: RD
3/30/07: ND
4/2/07: Checks encashed
4/3/07: Received receipt notice in mail with the RD and ND mentioned above.
4/7/07: Received FP appointment notice in mail
4/17/07: FP done
4/12/07: I130 updated
4/19/07: I485 updated
5/10/07: I130 and I485 updated
6/4/2007: Interview at Manchester (Interview went well...lasted about 10 minutes...but FBI name check clearance hadn't yet come through so did not receive a stamp on my passport)
6/5/2007: Received e-mail that I130 has been approved
11/30/2007: Received registering permanant residence e-mail
12/05/2007: Received card production ordered e-mail

Is the end near??

Well...

After waiting for my name check to clear (and no one realizing it had cleared until just recently) my paperwork was finally transferred to the Chicago office where it belongs. I just got a notice for a 2nd interview (we interviewed a year ago in Baltimore). Hopefully the end is near. Hopefully I won't need to re-fingerprint and they can stamp my passport.