FBI Name Check

How can I tell whether I'm stuck in this namecheck? No one ever mentioned it to me..Had an interview in June 2005, submitted secondary evidence in May 2006 - one meaningless update since then with LUD changing once in a while..

bjazi01 said:
Does anyone do you get called in for a secondary interview for I-485 interview after your name check clears or do they automatically approve or deny your case ?

Thanks,
they automatically approve your case

gc_phoenix said:
they automatically approve your case

I really hope your mistaken cause I was called in for a second interview with my wife and was asked to bring 2005 tax returns and proof of boni fide marriage
:confused:

Now I am worried :(

Did any of you write a letter to the congressman? Will that help? Will the congressman forward any emails from FBI for updated information?
Thanks
My I-130 was approved, but still waiting for the NC for 15 months. I just call the 800 number and the 2nd person answered the phone was nice and sent an inquery to my local office.

bjazi01 said:
I really hope your mistaken cause I was called in for a second interview with my wife and was asked to bring 2005 tax returns and proof of boni fide marriage
:confused:

Now I am worried :(

did you move? we got the second interview after we moved. the officer told me that the nc was cleared (?) but she needed to order more docs from the previous office. :(

imcaffeine said:
did you move? we got the second interview after we moved. the officer told me that the nc was cleared (?) but she needed to order more docs from the previous office. :(

Caff,

What do u mean by NC (can you also elaborate NC) cleared and also ur second sentance - more docs from previous office.

The reason being I am planning to move too in the near future but it should be within the same DO.

Are you talking about moving to different DOs/ states?

I actually have taken an appointment (through InfoPass) for tomm just to inquire on my case since its over 180 days now.

While preparing the docs for tomm - I suddenly realized one thing that I dont have my original I-485 notice (which tells us the date and the place of the interview). I ofcourse have the copy though

I very strongly remember that when we went for the interview while submitting the docs through the window - we also submitted this original notice (since it has the scan bar on it) and then ofcourse at the end of the interview - the IO just gave us the paper which says stuck in name-check.

So i am assuming it (I-485 original notice) was taken by then at that time. Can anybody please confirm that this was the same with them.

Let me know...

imcaffeine said:

:D :D :D

I am FINALLY THROUGH THE NAME CHECK !!!

I went to the second interview today, apparently my name check cleared 6 months ago (or so I was told) however Ihad filed an employment based I-495 back in 1998 in Houston which I asked the INS through certified mail to withdraw the case, but go figures, they never did.

So aaprently my wait was for the transfer of my file from the Houston office to the Indianapolis office.

The interiew went pretty smooth, eventhough I had my wife as the financial sponsor but she no longer works, the officer was satisfied with my paystubs showing $70K income.

Now, here is the problem, since it had been so long since my last finger prints, they apparently expired and I had to have new prints taken today. The officer said now we have to wait on the print results :(

What do you guys think ? How long is that going to take ? Should I celebrate or not yet...lol

it looks to me that we are in a similar situation - waiting for the final procedures. I guess that we just have to be patient and wait. I mean if the name check is cleared, then other things shouldn't take as long, right?
But I'll go and make sure that my NC is really cleared.

bjazi01 said:

I went to the second interview today, apparently my name check cleared 6 months ago (or so I was told) however Ihad filed an employment based I-495 back in 1998 in Houston which I asked the INS through certified mail to withdraw the case, but go figures, they never did.

So aaprently my wait was for the transfer of my file from the Houston office to the Indianapolis office.

The interiew went pretty smooth, eventhough I had my wife as the financial sponsor but she no longer works, the officer was satisfied with my paystubs showing $70K income.

Now, here is the problem, since it had been so long since my last finger prints, they apparently expired and I had to have new prints taken today. The officer said now we have to wait on the print results :(

What do you guys think ? How long is that going to take ? Should I celebrate or not yet...lol

shahpr787 said:
Caff,

What do u mean by NC (can you also elaborate NC) -name check

cleared and also ur second sentance - more docs from previous office.

The reason being I am planning to move too in the near future but it should be within the same DO.

Are you talking about moving to different DOs/ states?--yes

I was told at my last Infopass that I may have to have a second interview. They said that it's partly because I have moved DO but also partly because such a long period of time has passed, nearly 3 years.

Jim

shahpr787 said:
I actually have taken an appointment (through InfoPass) for tomm just to inquire on my case since its over 180 days now.

While preparing the docs for tomm - I suddenly realized one thing that I dont have my original I-485 notice (which tells us the date and the place of the interview). I ofcourse have the copy though

I very strongly remember that when we went for the interview while submitting the docs through the window - we also submitted this original notice (since it has the scan bar on it) and then ofcourse at the end of the interview - the IO just gave us the paper which says stuck in name-check.

So i am assuming it (I-485 original notice) was taken by then at that time. Can anybody please confirm that this was the same with them.

Let me know...

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anybody try WOM and succeed? I saw several cases got approved now, but they are all employment-based GC applications.

I'm in the Indinanpolis region too!! Was your IO a young white woman?

bjazi01 said:

Currently on H1B, Pending I485 stuck in namecheck, EAD not used....

Here is the situation:

- I am working on my first H1B (expires September 30, 2007)

- I have a I485 pending namecheck (visa number is available)

- I am NOT working on EAD

- Can my employer renew my H1B effective October 1, 2007 for another three years OR IF NOT, do I have to get an EAD before my current H1B expires?

Thanks.

backroady said:
Here is the situation:

- I am working on my first H1B (expires September 30, 2007)

- I have a I485 pending namecheck (visa number is available)

- I am NOT working on EAD

- Can my employer renew my H1B effective October 1, 2007 for another three years OR IF NOT, do I have to get an EAD before my current H1B expires?

Thanks.

No.You dont have to use ur EAD.Just ask ur employer to renew ur H1.Just get a new I-94.
Instead.You can use ur EAD card also.
Pros:You dont have to worry about the company sponsoring your H1.
Cons:If the marriage goes into trouble and you do not finally get your Permanent GC ,you will go out of status.

Please add me

Applied Sept 18,2006
Interview completed january 23,2007
now waiting for name check

My case is weird, I had my interview on oct 6/06, a week later I received the Welcome Letter. I got all excited and thought that I would receive the GC shortly after, but it never came! A couple of months later i call them and they said they would check my case. Later I receive a letter with information about my case. It said that the name checking is pending. The weird thing is that when I call them or go online to check my status It says that Im approved and that i should receive my card. I went for an infopass appointment and the guy said that my interviewer made a mistake approving my case without realizing that the name check wasn't complete. Anyway, Im waiting for the name check to clear, but really i don't have too much hope.....it is so frustrating.

Ddudly, you can file WOM, based on this approval letter. Also you can request expedite of your name check due to Uscis error, if I were you I'd wrote a intend to sue letter to USCIS.
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=a9243529fdb7e010VgnVCM1000000ecd190aRCRD

Ddudly said:
My case is weird, I had my interview on oct 6/06, a week later I received the Welcome Letter. I got all excited and thought that I would receive the GC shortly after, but it never came! A couple of months later i call them and they said they would check my case. Later I receive a letter with information about my case. It said that the name checking is pending. The weird thing is that when I call them or go online to check my status It says that Im approved and that i should receive my card. I went for an infopass appointment and the guy said that my interviewer made a mistake approving my case without realizing that the name check wasn't complete. Anyway, Im waiting for the name check to clear, but really i don't have too much hope.....it is so frustrating.