H-1 B married to USC 3/2004
I-485 /130 filed 5/2004
interview 8/2004
approved but pending name checks since then
name check initiated 6/2004

Thanks
name_stuck

zlin said:
Hello, Gurus, I'm in family based I485 application for 20 months because of name check (my husband is US citizen), so I filed MOW on Dec 13, 06, served US Attorney on Dec 15. Now I just realized I have more evidence or document that I forgot to write in my complain plus some error in my original complain document, such as I forgot to write it was very hard for me to find a job after I graduated without green card, so I took job offer 500 miles away from my husband, my husband relocated with me after 2 months since he misses me, now he's 500 miles away from his kids (they live with his ex). He spent 16 hour driving once half months to visit them and he had to sleep in the car because we spent all of our money to rent car and buy gas. This is extremly hardship that name check caused to my family. Do you think it's a good reason for me to add these into my complain? If so, how to edit my complain or add it into my case after I already filed it? Thank you.

I don't think you should worry too much over the things you did not attach. When we filled WOM for my wife, I kept the case very simple and not too many attachments.
Its their daily job, they know what the case is. All they need is basic information

I am planing to file one for myself after few months, let see what happens. Keep us posted on how did it go for you?

1. Jan 12, 2005 - Package Sent
2. May 5, 2005- Biometrics Ten Prints done.
3. Aug 3, 2005- Interview with spouse completed.
4. Nov 10, 2005- Phone call to inquire status of case- Case still pending.
5. Mar 12, 2006- 1st letter of inquiry of status.
6. Mar 15,2006- USCIS OKC appointment to inquire status of case. Still pending name check.
7. Mar 20, 2006- Recieved response to letter of inquiry. Case still pending FBI name check.
8. May 23, 2006- 2nd letter of inquiry of status. Name check results not back.
9. Aug 14, 2006- 3rd letter of inquiry sent to Barry C. Royce, Officer in charge USCIS, OKC.-No response recieved to date.

Just today i emailed my congressman through his website. Hope to get some resposne by the New year.

Please add me to the list.

Receipt Date: April, 2006
Interview: September, 2006
December: Still waiting.....

No GC yet....

Add me as well please...

Case Filed: Jan 06'
FP completed: 3/17/06
Interview: 8/10/06 (WAS TOLD I-485 is recommended for approval)
Telephone inquiry: 11/10/06 (Was told a letter would be sent by 45 days to explain delay)

NO CORESPONDENCE OF ANY KIND SINCE 8/10/06.

Hey

Posting here to in my thread becasue really worried and have not got any replies in the new thread

Here is my problem

As you know (seen from my signature). I had my interview in June 06 and have been stuck in namecheck since then.

I just recently filed for my EAD and AP renewal since its within the 90 day period of expiring and just got my fingerprinting notice today.

I was really surprised because the address to do that is of Varick St. in NYC.

I have been staying in my NJ address always (the same one) since the filing of this case and had my fingerprinitng and also the Interview in the Newark since my DO has always been Newark.

But now seeing a NYC address (for fingerprinting) is that weird or just normal.

Has it happened to anybody similar between NJ and NY.

Please help.....

Maybe they are just overwhelmed by the workload they have in Newark and sent yours to NYC by mistake? I don't know it's really weird.

Thats the exact same thing which came to my mind too and hope that is the reason...

I called the 1-800 number they have on the notice. but the ppl there have no idea abt the notice since that is not updated on their system

AMG_Driver said:
Maybe they are just overwhelmed by the workload they have in Newark and sent yours to NYC by mistake? I don't know it's really weird.

Is it over ?!!

Hello all,

I had my first marriage based interview in july of 2004 and had been stuck in the name check ordeal.

Today I received notice from my local office to come in for an interview (the second one) and bring my wife and supporting documents (which I brought with me already to the first interview).

Does this mean my name check is complete ?!! :confused: :confused:

I am trying to get my hopes up, so please let me know your thoughts ASAP.

Thanks,

When do I consider filing WoM?

My 485 application has been in FBI name check for a while, when should I consider filing a Writ of Mandamus?

March 2005 - filed for my 485 and 130 (marriage based USC spouse)
Aug 2005 - Interview for 485

Do I need to wait for at least 2 years since original filing?

bjazi01 said:
Hello all,

I had my first marriage based interview in july of 2004 and had been stuck in the name check ordeal.

Today I received notice from my local office to come in for an interview (the second one) and bring my wife and supporting documents (which I brought with me already to the first interview).

Does this mean my name check is complete ?!! :confused: :confused:

I am trying to get my hopes up, so please let me know your thoughts ASAP.

Thanks,

Can you tell where your DO is?

May be you are right but was your I-130 approved during first interview.. if yes, then it does not make much sense as interview is just to approve the marriage

LUD change - DORA

Hi,

I recentely filed AOS through D.O.R.A (Unmarried Child 21+ of USC)

Here's my timeline until now.

I hope it'll help you guys who filed through DORA.

Dec 11, 2006 - DORA Interview & File
Dec 19, 2006 - LUD Change / No message change
Dec 22, 2006 - 485 Receipt Received
Dec 26, 2006 - Bio Letter Received (scheduled on Jan 03, 2006)
Dec 29, 2006 - LUD Change / No message change
Dec 31, 2006 - LUD Change / No message change

Is there any idea regarding the LUD changes before Fingerprinting?
First LUD change is for Bio NOtice, I guess.
Than what'll be for the last 2 LUD changes?

Do you know when the FBI name check begins?

Happy NEW Year!!!

pankajkandhari said:
Can you tell where your DO is?

May be you are right but was your I-130 approved during first interview.. if yes, then it does not make much sense as interview is just to approve the marriage

DO is Indianapolis :(

Per LUD:

I-130 pending since February 16th 2005
I-485 received fingerprints results on July 1st 2005

Does a prior name check help?

Hi,

I had a name check done for my h1-b visa revalidation in July 2005. I-131 and I-1485 are pending. Does my earlier name check count for I-131 and I-485 ? I received an RFE on I-131 asking for copy of my I-94 with fingerprint id and copies of passport. Visa on my passport even mentions "CLEARANCE RECEIVED 28JUL2005". Anyone had similar experience?

Cheers, Ali
------------
I-140 approved: 9/14/2005
I-485 filed: 11/15/2006: LUD: 01/05/2006: LUD 01/06/2006
Biometrics done: 12/2/2006
EAD received (both wife and mine): 12/6/2006
Wife's I-131 approved: 12/5/2006
REF on my I-131: 12/6/2006
RFE on my I-131 received: 12/18/2006

sorry for posting in the wrong thread

Sorry for posting in the wrong thread, didn't realize this was for marriage or relative based gc.

Cheers, Ali

Does anyone do you get called in for a secondary interview for I-485 interview after your name check clears or do they automatically approve or deny your case ?

Thanks,