FBI Name Check

dqdq said:
Hi all,

I had my interview on 8/8/06 and the officer said that he approved it(?) but pending name check. So the status now is i-130 and i-485 is pending; i-131 and i-765 approved. I asked the officer during the info pass that why i-130 has not been approved that she asked that once they approve i-485 after name check cleared, they will approve both i-130 and i-485 together. From what I read on this forum, it seems that for name check pending case, it only pends i-485 but approve i-130 first. Could someone confirm this and shed some lights?

Secondly, i have had LUDs on 8/11, 8/17, 9/07, 10/7 and 10/9. It's lot of updates. Any ideas what this could be. What make me curious is that they are still updating my i-131 and i-765 which has been approved back in July. What are they doing?

Appreciate if you share your thoughts.

thanks, dqdq.

Yeah, I also got a "verbal" approval for I-130 during my interview, but the online status of I-130 was never updated and I have not received any "approval notice" for I-130 as of today. So I assume I am in the same boat as you are regarding I-130 approval...

Re: Namecheck

Hi,
I am new to this forum. I am trying to get informaton for a friend. My friend married a US citizen in Nov 2003 and had only 1 interview in Feb 2004. After the interview they were told no more interviews were needed. Ever since my friend has been stuck in the namecheck. Since my friend had been detained prior to the marriage, is that why the namecheck is taking so long?
Anyone have this experience? So my friend has almost been married almost 3 years now. Any thoughts would be great.

Fingerprints - twice in a year!!!

I just got my second set of fingerprints in a year taken today - this one was for I-485. Heres my case:

Married USC in Nov 2003, filed for marriage based green card in Dec. 2003. Fingerprints 2/2004
Interview 3/2004 - 4/2004 (approved, pending FBI Namecheck)
Have been waiting ever since. have gotten advance parole and EAD twice now.

Did re-fingerprinting on 2/2006 for I-765
Re-fingerprinting for I-485 TODAY!!!! 11/2006

Sent a letter to Congresswoman in San Jose earlier this month and filed request for FOIA. Spoke to the FOIA people and they told me that my request could take up to 10-15 months.

Help!!!

Name check cleared!!

I went to the San Jose USCIS office today right after my fingerprinting yesterday. I was informed by the officer that the reason I got the fingerprinting notice was because my name check had just been cleared. So I guess as I was about file a lawsuit things seemed to have worked out.

Does anyone know how long does it take to get the GC after name check clearance? Heres my timeline:
applied - 12/2003
fingerprinting - 2/2004
interview - 4/2004 (approved pending name clearance)
biometrics - 2/2006
fingerprinting - 10/2006
name clearance 9/2006
waiting for G/C

my EAD card issued on the same day of my interview but my LUD never got UPdated!! I wonder if anyone knows why or have similar situation...

slickcycle said:
my EAD card issued on the same day of my interview but my LUD never got UPdated!! I wonder if anyone knows why or have similar situation...

I got my AP in the mail without any update in the online case status of I-131. Even today it still says "we received your application, will mail you a decision.." So I guess it's similar to your EAD case...

anil24 said:
I went to the San Jose USCIS office today right after my fingerprinting yesterday. I was informed by the officer that the reason I got the fingerprinting notice was because my name check had just been cleared. So I guess as I was about file a lawsuit things seemed to have worked out...

Congratulations!

No updated on I-130 either

I got my interviewed on 9/27/06, not it said my name check wasn't clear yet, so they couldn't give me GC, but now, even my I-130 didn't get updated yet. :( i am kind of worried about it!

i'm in the same situation, none I-130 and I-485 got updated yet. :(

lisa_simpson said:
Yeah, I also got a "verbal" approval for I-130 during my interview, but the online status of I-130 was never updated and I have not received any "approval notice" for I-130 as of today. So I assume I am in the same boat as you are regarding I-130 approval...

It's good to get updated status, that means it's close to end... Good luck!

dqdq said:
Hi all,

I had my interview on 8/8/06 and the officer said that he approved it(?) but pending name check. So the status now is i-130 and i-485 is pending; i-131 and i-765 approved. I asked the officer during the info pass that why i-130 has not been approved that she asked that once they approve i-485 after name check cleared, they will approve both i-130 and i-485 together. From what I read on this forum, it seems that for name check pending case, it only pends i-485 but approve i-130 first. Could someone confirm this and shed some lights?

Secondly, i have had LUDs on 8/11, 8/17, 9/07, 10/7 and 10/9. It's lot of updates. Any ideas what this could be. What make me curious is that they are still updating my i-131 and i-765 which has been approved back in July. What are they doing?

Appreciate if you share your thoughts.

thanks, dqdq.

No, the local offices no longer issue EADs or Interim EADs. I went for an InfoPass in San Francisco a week ago, hoping to get an iEAD, but was told that they stopped doing it.

I had an infopass appointment today and found the same result PENDING NAME CHECK.Though after talking to the immigration officer I came to know that name check was initiated on 06/10/05 (around 16 months ago) but i don't trust there system anymore,reason being the way my case was handled at the time of interview.
What the officer did at the time of my interview on (01/09/06)
?:
As a result of my interview on January 9, 2006 at 11:30 AM the I-485 application was approved and the Immigration Officer stamped my passport with the permanent resident(Stamp I-551) status valid until January 8, 2007. Ileft the USCIS building happily with my wife ,but later on around 4:30PM the Immigration officer called me up on my cell phone and informed me that my name check is still pending and an error has been made in approving my application. The immigration officer asked me to see him on January 13,2006.I again visited the USCIS Newark office on January 13, 2006 and met the immigration officer in person who cancelled the permanent resident stamp on my passport and returned my EAD card. The officer informed me that the name check clearance takes few weeks and I will hear as soon as the name check result is received by USCIS. The officer also gave me his email id to communicate with him if my case gets delayed.

I had sent three emails so far,never heard back on the first two and third one bounced back.Later on ,during one of my infopass appointments I came to know that there is no officer assigned to my case as my name check is pending and the officer who interviewed me is no more in that office.
I am totally confused and feel WOM is the only option for me.

My Timeline is as below:RD for I-130,I-765,I-485: 05/10/05
ND for I-130,I-765,I-485: 06/03/05
Fingerprinting: 07/19/05
1st EAD Received on :07/XX/05
AOS interview:01/06/06 (Approved but pending due to Name Check)
2nd EAD filed: 04/xx/06
2nd EAD received on:07/xx/06
Letter to Congressman on: 07/31/06
Received feedback from Congreeman on :10/02/06 Case pending due to Name Check
Letter to USCIS Newark Director on :10/01/06-No Reply
Request for FOIPA on :10/09/06 ,Result awaited
4 Info pass appointments so far....same result Pending Name Check
FBI Name Check initiated on :06/10/05(as told by IO during an infopass appointment on 10/20/06)

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a similar experience.I am in touch with the immigration officer and he is respondiing to some of my emails.If your immigration officer is no longer working on the case,the document had his supervisor's email address also.You can try and contact him/her.

Thanks TAPSKAP!

Any suggestions,how to get the supervisor contact details.(I tried it during one of my info pass appointment but they didn't divulge any details.)

A woman'd body can give create a human being in 9 months, google can check billions of documents in milliseconds, it's amazing how FBI takes over a year to check a name in their files.

Sure, we can argue that they are being thorough, but most people have never been to police station or were investigated for anything, why would it take over a year to clear them?, there were even people with non-muslim names who are affected.

I think the process is just broken and it's not under anybody's *to be addressed* list. Why would it be? it's not like any vote casting US citizen would want immigration process to be fast?.

My spouse's struck in FBI Name check pending since Sep. Today we received 3 emails for I485 indicating the following :

Current Status:

An interview was conducted in this case. We will mail you a decision as
soon as processing is complete.

Is this normal ? What is the indication for this email ? PLease advise.

Timeline:
DO: Houston
I-130, I-485, I-765, i-131 sent to Chicago by Fedex: 06/21/06
Package delivered: 06/22/06 at 9:am
RD - 06/22/06
ND: I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131: 06/27/06
Checks cashed: 06/27/06
Received NOA for I-485,I-130, I-765,I-131 - 06/29/06
LUD (I-485,I-130, I-765,I-131): 07/03/06
FP notice Received - 07/16/06( ND - 07/13)
FP taken - -7/20( actual appoinment date is 07/27)
Interview notice received - 07/27
interview date - -09/06 -Pending FBI Name check
LUD I-765 - 09/07 & 09/07 . 09/13 & 09/14 - Approval email
LUD I-765 -09/15 Approval email.
LUD I-131 - 09/15
EAD Card Received - 09/18
LUD I-131 & I765 - 09/18
AP Received - 09/19

Hang in there...:)

Tapskap,

My nationality is Malaysia, but consider USA my country of residence. :)

Hang in there you guys. Note that my original notice date was 11/17/05. And my interview date was back in May 06. I imagine based on my experience, it's probably normal if your interview took place within 6 months of submitting your application, your name check may fall behind by several months (5 in my case).

But it probably doesn't mean there's any problem/issue with your application/name check.

Good luck everyone!

tapskap said:
Congrats cwtt.
Can u please let us know ur country of residence?