FBI Name Check

qim said:
Did any GC applicant try to find out their Name Check status before going to AOS interview?

I'm not talking about FOIA or FOIPA or anything like this, I'm about FBI Name Check Status.

I know, this isn't easy if possible at all. As far I know from some earlier posts on the 'Citizenship' forum, it's been quite a while since FBI stopped responding to such requests, however I'm not sure if this is true for now; in addition I heard that in some rare cases people somehow were able to do this.

Thanks
Try making an infopass apointtmnet to ask about it .

ip_everywhere said:
Try making an infopass apointtmnet to ask about it .

I was thinking about this... but wandering whether anybody actually tried this (going to Infopass specifically to ask about NC status) or simply asked while on appointment for a different reason. Please share your experiences who did.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
qim said:
I was thinking about this... but wandering whether anybody actually tried this (going to Infopass spicifically to ask about NC status) or simply asked while on appointment for a different reason. Please share your experiences who did.

Thanks
I haven't done it myself but you can do it. Infopass is a pass to go to DO if you have ANY question regarding your case. My question is what difference it will make? Besides ofcourse you will feel better if it is completed but will lose your sleep if it is not.

Amishah,

You mentioned your FBI Name Check was initiated on 04/22. Could you please tell me how you found this out? Thank you very much.
------------------
Interview: Nov 2005, approved
Name Check still pending

Did any one got a change in online

Hi everyone,

Did any one with pending name check got a change in online :confused:

I am really curious bcos mine did not change.

Share yours!

Thanls

burbankuser said:
Amishah,

You mentioned your FBI Name Check was initiated on 04/22. Could you please tell me how you found this out? Thank you very much.
------------------
Interview: Nov 2005, approved
Name Check still pending
I found it out at DO when I went there for my FP for EAD renewal. I asked the officer at window. You can ask it too.

justnew said:
Hi everyone,

Did any one with pending name check got a change in online :confused:

I am really curious bcos mine did not change.

Share yours!

Thanls
Mine never changed since they received my application last year.

mine either. my online case status/LUD hasn't changed ever since they approved my EAD. none of the AP approval, sending interview letter were reflected in any way. at the interview, the officer told me to set up an infopass after 90 days if i still haven't heard from them. it's coming in next month... i will see what i can get...

I wrote an email to my immigration officer and to my surprise I got a response (though after 8 days).According to him my case is still Pending FBI name check.
Just for the updates.

Hey guys,
I got a LUd today(7/20) on I-485 and I-756. I'm hoping its a good sign.
Btw we had our AOS interview on 6/29/06 but nc is pending.

I also got LUD on both my I-485 & I-765 today 7/20/06

I am believing God it means something positive is on it's way.

cheers

justnew said:
I also got LUD on both my I-485 & I-765 today 7/20/06

I am believing God it means something positive is on it's way.

cheers

Hello,

Got an LUD on 7/11, a few days after interview. Like everyone else..I hope this is a good sign. I haven't been sleeping well since my interview. :(

I really need to go leave the country soon but I was advised by a lawyer not to travel even with an advance parole. My interviewer also told me not to travel. What do you guys think?

eugene176 said:
Hello,

Got an LUD on 7/11, a few days after interview. Like everyone else..I hope this is a good sign. I haven't been sleeping well since my interview. :(

I really need to go leave the country soon but I was advised by a lawyer not to travel even with an advance parole. My interviewer also told me not to travel. What do you guys think?

If you hold a valid H1-B visa not only you could freely travel (if you used your EAD your H1B has been canceled though), but you don't even need advance parole.
Did the interviewer take your I-94 away? That could be the only problem.