FBI name Check Pending

I called yesterday evening and the lady told me they ae still answering e mails from December. If replying to emails is taking five months then you can imagine how slow they will be in doing background check. It truly sucks. I thought security check would probably be the easiest to get done after 9/11 as the ywould be organized.

tangohi said:
I called yesterday evening and the lady told me they ae still answering e mails from December. If replying to emails is taking five months then you can imagine how slow they will be in doing background check. It truly sucks. I thought security check would probably be the easiest to get done after 9/11 as the ywould be organized.

I sent the email on January 13th and still did not receive any reply yet.

Hey who are you calling up or writing to regarding pending Background Check ? Can you please share that info with me

Thanks

Today I called my Congressman's office and asked for help to check the status on my case. I told the person that I had the interview last January and it is still pending because of pending background check. He told me to call him back after at least one year because FBI has a huge backlog and it takes more than a year.

All these congressman story are vogus. they are not here to help us in any case.

my background check has been pending since 11/2003. it's a yr and half now. :rolleyes:
I checked my status through email last october or november and just got an answer in April. still pending!!! no surprise there... I will wait for another 6 months. maybe another year.
it is not about the GC anymore. we contribute so much to this country, and we deserve to be treated with attention and respect. after my 2 yr's waiting i will put this to court. don't care how much it takes.

i-485 Approved

My case also went to name & DOB check. And finally I got my 485 approved on 24th May,2005. Please find the below details.

i-1485 Applied on 02-DEC-2002.
i-485 Approved on 24-MAY-2005.

Did first Inquiry on 18-OCT-2004(Got a notice of secuiry clearance)
Again did another inquiry on 04-FEB-2005, 05-MAR-2005,06-APR-2005 and
23-MAY-2005(4th inquiry call was transfered to officer).

nagavijay said:
My case also went to name & DOB check. And finally I got my 485 approved on 24th May,2005. Please find the below details.

i-1485 Applied on 02-DEC-2002.
i-485 Approved on 24-MAY-2005.

Did first Inquiry on 18-OCT-2004(Got a notice of secuiry clearance)
Again did another inquiry on 04-FEB-2005, 05-MAR-2005,06-APR-2005 and
23-MAY-2005(4th inquiry call was transfered to officer).

could you please elaborate a little bit of your inquiries? did you go to district offices or just called the 800 number?

Thank you.

I just wanted to post an update. I got my approval notice yesterday. My interview was at the end of April and I did not get the stamp because of the security check. At that time I saw that the request was sent to FBI in mid January. It seems to have taken about four months for the check. I am very relieved. Good luck to all of you.

tangohi said:
How did you find out when the security check was sent out. Please post your dates
Thanks
The USCIS agent showed me a document which showed that the check was pending. On that document I saw a mid January Date.

Dates:
Submitted Application: End of Nov 2004
Fingerprinting: End of Dec 2004
Interview: End of Apr 2005
Approval notice: End of May 2005

there is no consistency. my interviewing officer told me that they requested the name check for me in september 2004 and I still don't have approval. The interview was in January, 2005. so I don't believe anything in USCIS or FBI or any federal agent.

Took and Infopass Appointment and went to San Jose office today to inquire about my case. The lady at the window checked the status on the computer and it says still name check pending.

Thought of letting you all know what's going on.

Hi ....Please advice what should I do next as after my FP done few weeks back, the following status has been updated on the USCIS site

"The results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made"

Please let me know if USCIS still awaits for name check from FBI( or it's already covererd). If yes, do I need to follow up with FBI on name check status.

How much time normally it takes for NSC to issue interview letter for I485 stamping or approval of I485. Please advice quickly.

Thanks for your time.

Any reply from FBI lately?

Hi everybody, just wondering if anybody received any reply lately from FBI. I would like to know who sent email to FBI and when, so we can create a timeline here.

I sent mine on January 13, 2005 and no reply yet.

Thank you all for your support

I sent an email on January 31 and no reply yet. Case has been pending for 21 months now since August 2003. :mad:

aminm said:
I sent an email on January 31 and no reply yet. Case has been pending for 21 months now since August 2003. :mad:

In my 28th month of waiting... second letter sent to Ombusmans office, zero reply or progress... seems I wasted another 37 cents.

I'm certain now, that the Ombudsmans office is just a gimmick by Homeland Security to make us all think that their left hand might just have a vague clue about what it's neighbour is doing.

And now, I'm seriously considering returning to Europe (for various reasons, but mainly because of a pending seperation from my wife), probably in about 6 months time... How ironic it will be if it turns up just as I'm leaving!

steveva2001 said:
In my 28th month of waiting... second letter sent to Ombusmans office, zero reply or progress... seems I wasted another 37 cents.

I'm certain now, that the Ombudsmans office is just a gimmick by Homeland Security to make us all think that their left hand might just have a vague clue about what it's neighbour is doing.

And now, I'm seriously considering returning to Europe (for various reasons, but mainly because of a pending seperation from my wife), probably in about 6 months time... How ironic it will be if it turns up just as I'm leaving!

Steveva, sorry to hear your situation. I totally understand your arguments. I am already frustrated just after 5 months of interview. nobody replies from anywhere except the FBI FOIPA.

This is insane.

I wrote to FBI on April 21st and still waiting for them to reply. I applied through DORA (Dallas Pilot Program) which claims to process family based I-485 within 90 days. However, for people for Middle Eastern countries, the wait is....well still waiting. I know someone from India got hers approved within 65 days. So, atleast the Dallas (non-middle eastern) applications are being approved in a timely manner.

If you don't mind, along with timeline, lets add the country of birth also. This way, we would konw which countries are being targetted in particular. I am from Pakistan.

Thanks