FBI name Check Pending

media invlovement

j4school said:
Getting the media involve might move them to work quicker, after all this America.

How do u approach them?? I saw links to certain articles in these forums that were for articles on CNN ??
I don't know if anyone can do anything in this case b'cas it's a Security matter & well nothing in this country matters more this time around.
When i didn't know about CIA checks, i was quite enthusiatic about trying to get the case expedited somehow i.e. Congressman/Senator, but now i think it's all ur luck & the process would take it's own time.

I'm wondering if a similar level of scrutiny is being done on the Visas that are granted ??

You might be right but how long should take for FBI or CIA to find a person dangerous? 19 months? 2 years? Dont you think that person will have enough time to do some damage?

romit said:
we would also like to know if anybody ever got cleared from this FBI name check pending mess and finally received approval letter from USCIS. Please share your experiences if you do or anybody you know had the same situation.

Please please please.

Thank you.

anybody?

I have been on this site looking for people with similar experiences it would be nice to know how many people out there go through this, I had my interview June 3rd 2003 and was told the same thing I just want to know how long before someone actually does something or or pays attention to your letters and visits and calls.

I actually spoke to an FBI person today on the phone and he was very annoyed and said that if it has truly been that long, the problem lies with immigration and that the results would certainly have been returned to them already. I also spoke with another FBI representative concerning the background checks and was told the results were returned to INS the same day they were requested. So what is really the truth?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thecla said:
I have been on this site looking for people with similar experiences it would be nice to know how many people out there go through this, I had my interview June 3rd 2003 and was told the same thing I just want to know how long before someone actually does something or or pays attention to your letters and visits and calls.

I actually spoke to an FBI person today on the phone and he was very annoyed and said that if it has truly been that long, the problem lies with immigration and that the results would certainly have been returned to them already. I also spoke with another FBI representative concerning the background checks and was told the results were returned to INS the same day they were requested. So what is really the truth?
No, It is not the truth, There are many people which their naem check is pending here. One of them is me. I had my interview September 2002 and no news from FBI yet.

Well I am not at all sure what to believe, something is wrong here it should not take 2-3 years after interview to be approved but here are the numbers I called today 304-6255-5590 & 202 324 3000.

The first number gave me info on my background check and the second info on name check which incidently appears not to be the same thing.

May be you should give them a try and see what you find out.

Total waste of time(infopass today for info)

@26 Federal Plaza,NYC

Today I had an appointment made through info pass to get some info,

At my last visit the reason for the delay, was no name check results! Today no one could say why my I-485 was not approved but lack of info means that they are working on it, a statement that means something only to them. I was told that I should cheer up because I at least had an interview just only June of 2003( because I started to cry when I realised that I was going to come away knowing even less than before I got there)The officer or clerk, I am not sure what to call them, was so annoyed when she saw the tears in my eyes she started to berate me even more. I can't help it, I am a very emotional person so I try to stay away from them, because some of them can be very verbally abusive.

Unfortunately I can't post a true time line because I have never gotten any receipts from Immigration except the yellow piece of tape from the cash register that they mail to you in an otherwise empty envelope.

These are all receive dates(according to the yellow tape)
I-130 = 10/30/1996
I-485+I-765 = 07/16/01
FP = 05/09/2003
Interview 06/03/2003
Aos approval pending????

Just applied for my fourth EAD. Well at least the seem to know where my file is, it is still at 26 Federal Plaza, I think they should be a plaque outside the building Honoring all the people who have passed on leaving their file there.

take it easy

Thecla said:
@26 Federal Plaza,NYC

Today I had an appointment made through info pass to get some info,

I don't know about ur case, but recently when i went to LA distict office for my case status (thru' Infopass), i was sent to a room on 2nd floor. I'd to wait there for ~ 2 hrs & then the officer came with my file, told me that the case was good but just the background checks were pending. He showed me a paper with FBI name check sent/recieve dates etc.
He also told me that as soon as they recieve the name check, they'll send a approval letter. they were not sure about the date though.

Re: name check

thecla,
I sail in a similar boat and have had several horrible experiences at the INS in the NY office.
My last visit was probably 1 of the worst.. the officer/clerk clearly told me that i was lying and made a big joke out of it. for more details abt my case you can check out the thread
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=165293
the 2 nos that u mentioned in ur previous thread for name check and background check are they automated or is it possble to get connected to a FBI officer.It would be good to know the details bedore any attempt is made to call them to check current status.
Thank you

One of the numbers, the first one I think, I spoke to a lady she was very nice and gave me the date on the background check results, but the other number, the officer was very frustrated and you could hear it in his voice, he gave me an email address for the name check.

Background Check

Hi There ...

Im in a Similar Situation have had I-485 interview ( Spouse of USC) in Jun/04 , but they couldnt stamp my passport because the background check was not through yet ..

Finally I went again to LA Office in Jan/05 ....had to wait there for 8 hrs ...just to be dismissed in 5 Minutes that my case is still pending due to Background ...Its frustating ...grrrr.......Im not sure what I can do now ...

Regards

GcWaitLA

we are all on the same boat. although I am only in the boat for 2 months but from all these posts, I know where I will be in one year and more. we got to do something. we also need to find out if anybody got ever cleared from this mess.

Till now,i have read about name check but i do not know if name check is done for every one who has applied for GC.

How to find out if our file has been sent for name check?

By the way, this is the email I sent to FBI on January 13th and never received a reply from them.

---------------------------------------------
Dear Sir or Madam,

This is in reference to the NAME CHECK, that was initiated by USCIS
San Jose Office. I was interviewed on xx-xx-xxxx.

I would greatly appreciate if you could please inform me the status of
my Name Check.

Here is my information:

Last Name: xxxxx
First Name: xxxxx
Date of Birth: xx/xx/xxxx
Alien #: A xxxxxxxxxx
Address: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Home Ph # : xxx-xx-xxxx

Should you have any questions, please email at xxxxx@xxxx.com

Thank you very much for the help.

Sincerely Yours,

xxxxxxxxxxx

hey Romit ...i sent a letter to them in similar format in Jun/04 for some odd reason I never heard from FBI ...

Do you think it makes sense to send another Inquiry ?

Thanks

therefore, it looks like sending an email has no use. have any of you (sd1234, GCWaitLA, kewlsans, Thecla or anybody out there) contacted your congressman or senator yet? if you did, please share your experiences.

No ...I havent tried to contact congressman ...I have read a few posting which have mixed reviews about doing so ...Do you think that would help ?