FBI name check pending for 1.5 years!

HateINS2

Registered Users (C)
Today I received an email from FBI regarding our name check. This is really surprising because people here said the name check wouldn't take long. Sigh..............................................................................

Here's the reply:

This is in reference to your facsimile dated xxx, concerning your immigration status.

A review of the Name Check Program database revealed that a request from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for you was received on January xx, 2003, and is currently in a pending status. Due to increased national security concerns, in December 2002 to early 2003, the USCIS submitted an additional 2.7 million name checks for processing to the FBI. Although 99.5% of these cases have been processed, we are still clearing residuals for these cases. While this is causing delays in the processing of subsequent USCIS submissions, we are working diligently to process requests as expeditiously as possible.

it is really bad that FBI is sitting for such a long time, This is totally unjustified.

By the way when did you fax / call FBI for name check. Did it take for a month to get the response from FBI.

Please Let me know

Thanks
Glenmd

I dont know what to tell you but I got shorter fax stating that pneding Jan 2003. And could not be helped any further and no reason!

I guess nobody knows what is going on some folks have been told their name check have cleared in jan 2003 and their files are still pending?

Can you please post details or link on how to find out status of FBI name check inquiry

485 RD 9/19/02
485 RD 9/26/02
FP1 11/5/02 (Results recd.)
FP2?
EAD3 ND 5/7/04
AP3 APPLIED JUL 1, 2004 (No receipt notice yet or may be laywer recd. it)
EAD3 AD??
AP3 AD??
485 AD (Hope soon)

bunchofquestion said:
I faxed name check request on July 1st this year and still no word :mad: :mad:

I talked to them last week and they said they were answering name checks faxes for Jine first week. So we are almost a month behind.. I faxed on 7/4/04.

which number did you call?? If we call, the telephone number(202-324-3367) will all the time go for voice message.

Dear all

I would like to share this with you, as you know most of us waiting for our name check.

I for my self did a few times enquiry but no response from FBI, I did for my wife using fax on 20th June and I got reply back from FBI via fax saying that they completed for my wife name check on Jan 15th 2003 and forwarded the result to USCIS.

God knows when my one will complete.

BTW yesterday I send another fax to FBI.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello All,

I called FBI and they told me that the FBI is replying for the cases who faxed by end of June 2004. But she said it is advisable to fax rather than leaving voice message.

thanks
GlenMD

If 99.5% cases are processed, all pending folks are out of reamining 0.5%?

Isn't it unbelievable ?
-Sanga.

Although 99.5% of these cases have been processed, we are still clearing residuals for these cases. While this is causing delays in the processing of subsequent USCIS submissions, we are working diligently to process requests as expeditiously as possible.

glenmd

When did you call FBI? It seems when TheEP called last week they told him that they were processing faxes received in June 1st week...

also lets say if the name check was completed and results sent to INS, RFE replied and FP2 completed and waited more than 60 days after FP2 whats the next step? Approval. ;)

hi Prasa,

Did you get any reply for the Fax which you did for expiditing the case to VSC director.

I wanted to keep this thread alive.

HI bunchofquestion

I called on july 21st and asked FBI customer service and she told me about this.

I replied to RFE and it is now over 7 months, still i have not received any reply from them.

I even did the finger printing, USCIS has not updated,even after 7 months, whereas, when i check with FBI for status of 2nd finger printing, they have sent to USCIS. so i dont know what's going on.

Then even i have contacted senator's office, now they say MY CASE is with the adjuticator. I dont know it is over a month about this from the senator.

So it is really bad we are sitting like this and others are getting approved so fast. But as everybody know we are just the spectators of this show.I am just controlling my frustration on this wait!!!!!!!!!!!

GlenMD

I sent the fax about a month ago in June.

But in this game, "wait patiently" is the only thing you can do.

Arvinder said:
Guys,

What are the chances of getting reply back from FBI, once you leave a message.

Thanks.

It seems they have the same answer for everybody

To HateINS2:
We got EXACTLY the same response for the name check and I am wondering if your date is January 08, 2003 since the name check is pending with FBI?

RD 10/2001

Hello All,

IF FBI says that the Name check is still pending for a long time, Is there no option to expedite the name check process with FBI.

Let me know your thoughts.

-GlenMD