FBI name check pending for 1.5 years!

HateINS2: I got exactly same message from FBI. Does this mean we are in the "hits" so we may need to wait for another several years for the name check. Shall we take further action to FBI? I faxed them in early june. ic

glenmd said:
hi Prasa,

Did you get any reply for the Fax which you did for expiditing the case to VSC director.

I wanted to keep this thread alive.

HI bunchofquestion

I called on july 21st and asked FBI customer service and she told me about this.

I replied to RFE and it is now over 7 months, still i have not received any reply from them.

I even did the finger printing, USCIS has not updated,even after 7 months, whereas, when i check with FBI for status of 2nd finger printing, they have sent to USCIS. so i dont know what's going on.

Then even i have contacted senator's office, now they say MY CASE is with the adjuticator. I dont know it is over a month about this from the senator.

So it is really bad we are sitting like this and others are getting approved so fast. But as everybody know we are just the spectators of this show.I am just controlling my frustration on this wait!!!!!!!!!!!

GlenMD
glenmd: What's your 485 RD and ND? Guys, do you think the name check plays important role in the delay? IC

HateINS2 said:
Today I received an email from FBI regarding our name check. This is really surprising because people here said the name check wouldn't take long. Sigh..............................................................................

Here's the reply:

This is in reference to your facsimile dated xxx, concerning your immigration status.

A review of the Name Check Program database revealed that a request from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for you was received on January xx, 2003, and is currently in a pending status. Due to increased national security concerns, in December 2002 to early 2003, the USCIS submitted an additional 2.7 million name checks for processing to the FBI. Although 99.5% of these cases have been processed, we are still clearing residuals for these cases. While this is causing delays in the processing of subsequent USCIS submissions, we are working diligently to process requests as expeditiously as possible.
HateINS2: If your RD is 2001, how come the name check received in Jan. 2003? My RD is in Jan. 2003 and name check received in March 2003. IC

FBI name check

I faxed FBI about the name check on 06/02/04, got email back today.
"The FBI completed a record check for your spouse on
December 25, 2002, and for you on July 21, 2004. The results were forwardedto the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services."

The time different between mine and my spouse's is almost 20 months.
Is that mean they need do my spouse name check again, since hers is on 12/25/02, that is long time ago. Like our FP, most of us have done that for twice.

My case :
RD 08/05/02
2fp 03/12/04
nothing....

The same text

I got exactly the same email yesterday. Even wording is the same. It looks like they are not doing anything and just sending this to everybody. My Notcice date is Nov. 2001.

Kay2 said:
I got exactly the same email yesterday. Even wording is the same. It looks like they are not doing anything and just sending this to everybody. My Notcice date is Nov. 2001.

Kay2

What is your RD, ND.

Thx.

Kay2 said:
Kay2: Did you get same wording as mine ".. in pending ... 99.5% ... "? IC

Got below email for my wife's Name check status

This is in reference to your facsimile dated July 7, 2004, concerning your immigration status. The FBI completed a record check for you on December 26, 2002, and the results were forwarded to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

FBI name check

Yes my email was

we received .... Jan 2004....99.5% approved and blah blah blah.

My notice date Is Nov. 2001. My receive date is Sept 2001.

God help us. I was born in middle east. I have a theory that they are holding and checking male from middle east. Correct me if I am wrong and one of you is not from middle east. Ahy we have to suffer more because I was born somewhere that I have not even been for the last 12 years.

Kay2 said:
Yes my email was

we received .... Jan 2004....99.5% approved and blah blah blah.

My notice date Is Nov. 2001. My receive date is Sept 2001.

God help us. I was born in middle east. I have a theory that they are holding and checking male from middle east. Correct me if I am wrong and one of you is not from middle east. Ahy we have to suffer more because I was born somewhere that I have not even been for the last 12 years.
Kays: It may not be because of your name. I have typical Chinese name but still in pending. IC