FBI Name Check - 'NO REQUEST FROM USCIS' - Next Course of Action

rajudm

Registered Users (C)
Let all the affected parties participate in this thread to discuss what can be done to get the ball rolling in I485 processing.

1) Inquiry through Congress Men/Women
2) Inquiry through Senators

what else is possible?

If all of us get the inquiry through congress men/senator, it is possible that they (USCIS and elected representatives) would know the communication problem that is existing between VSC and FBI.

I totally agree with you rajudm. We should all share our issues and plan of action each one of us is taking so that if something is working, we all can affective try the same approach.

I have contacted the congressman and got to know that there is an ongoing problem with USCIS and FBI Computers and I also got written confirmation from FBI that my name check was never requested by USCIS.

Action taken by me:
I have faxed an expediate request to USCIS stating that our applications are pending from Dec 2002 and the processing time has past 6 months of our filling and also I that I have clearly mentioned that FBI doesn't have my name check and I have also attached a copy of FBI Email to prove my point and requested USCIS to send another request.

So I strongly suggest all affect forum members to contact there local representatives and try to reslove this deadlock and for all cases whose ND have crossed the official processing time, to fax an expediate request along with a copy of FBI Email Confirmation ( If you have one ). My 2 Cents!

Yes... But I think only waiters whose 485 filing date is past the official Vermont processing dates should do this by all means...People like me should wait for the dates to move past !!!!

I am waiting for the dates to move...but it seems stuck at June 19

orangetreats said:
Yes... But I think only waiters whose 485 filing date is past the official Vermont processing dates should do this by all mean
right..i am also waiting for the date to pass my ND..i guess thats not going to happen before april - may :eek: :mad:

I am expecting that dates will not move/crawl for another 2-3 months ..and will then take a huge leap .....maybe to Aug/Sep 2003 !!!!!!

needhelp1 said:
So I strongly suggest all affect forum members to contact there local representatives and try to reslove this deadlock and for all cases whose ND have crossed the official processing time, to fax an expediate request along with a copy of FBI Email Confirmation ( If you have one ). My 2 Cents!

I am working with my congressman office for this issue, the congressman representative had called up the IO yesterday and the IO simply narrated the issue which I learnt here in the forum. I am going to further work with another representative at the office next week, who is a senior staff and can make a difference. I would anybody here who faces the same issue and who is from southern nh to work with/contact me to make a difference.

I also learnt that the US senator from NH, Judd Gregg did comment upon this issue in LA times.
Will it be a good move to contact him and notify him about the delays that we are facing because of the software "glitch" ? any thoughts

I kindly and humbly request only the applicable members to write about issues and solutions as we are planning on using this thread in the letters we are drafting to the local representatives and hopefully it will help all the applicants who have the same or similar issue about Name Check irrespective of filling dates.

I think it is really a good idea to contact as many US senator and congressmans as possible and also Dsatish was saying that he is planning on writing a draft about this issue and we can include this thread just to prove how many of us are all affect by this Error.

rhinohere said:
I also learnt that the US senator from NH, Judd Gregg did comment upon this issue in LA times.
Will it be a good move to contact him and notify him about the delays that we are facing because of the software "glitch" ? any thoughts

Hi, Needhelp1

What fax number did you use when you fax it to VSC?

I have similar case: my case was filed in Sept 2002 and so far head nothing from CIS. I contacted my Senator office and they contacted VSC and VSC said my my case is still pending security clearance. I wonder how I can check with FBI or IBIS status. Did you also check your IBIS?

The fax number is (802) 527-4816 and it looks like your case is similar to ours and you probably need to write a letter to Mr. Paul Novak and ask him to expediate the case and also FBI is working on email sent sometime in the third week of Oct 2004 and if you send one today, I am sure they will reply in like 5 to 6 months, so I think you should write a letter and in that if you want, you can mention that they verify that all security checks are completed for your case. And IBIS security check is done internally in USCIS and it generally takes few minutes, so I believe your FBI name check might be pending or USCIS might not have sent your name for FBI.

Please see the above replies of mine and you will find the FBI Name Check information.

Address:
USCIS
Vermont Service Center
Attention: Expedite Request
75 Lower Welden Street
St. Albans, VT 05479
Fax: (802) 527-4816

Attention: Mr. Paul Novak, Director

blueking said:
Hi, Needhelp1
What fax number did you use when you fax it to VSC?
I have similar case: my case was filed in Sept 2002 and so far head nothing from CIS. I contacted my Senator office and they contacted VSC and VSC said my my case is still pending security clearance. I wonder how I can check with FBI or IBIS status. Did you also check your IBIS?

Stupid question

What was the response given on phone by VSC when told that FBI has not received the name check request? Why can't they send another request?

My RD is Nov 4, 2002. USCIS has told me that my case is pending security check and the agent has informed my lawyer that the name check is pending. My lawywers have emailed and faxed FBI to follow up. Let's see what comes back.

The answer to your below question is this link USCIS Response for Pending Name Checks.
So try to contact your lawyers/local representatives and explain them about the issue and ask them to put some additional pressure on USCIS until this thing gets resolved.
nov02-485 said:
What was the response given on phone by VSC when told that FBI has not received the name check request? Why can't they send another request?
My RD is Nov 4, 2002. USCIS has told me that my case is pending security check and the agent has informed my lawyer that the name check is pending. My lawywers have emailed and faxed FBI to follow up. Let's see what comes back.

EAD approved without LUD on I485

My wife's EAD got approved on January 14th (ND Jan 3rd) and there is no LUD change on I485. On covering letter I had specifically requested them to initiate an FBI name check.

It looks like we are at USCIS mercy :eek:

Dear All,

I agree with everyone that something must be done about this name check delay issue.

My take on this is that we should be clever in how we bring this issue to the senators/comgressmens attention. If we simply say our cases are getting delayed due to this, they may not put it as a high priority item. But if we also tell them that this could be a security risk issue for the US, because if name check is not done immidiatly, the wrong persons can claim immigration benefits like EAD/AP and can continue to stay in the US, thus compromising security, they will listen. We can add, It is imperitive that these people be weeded out right at the start and therefore it is important that name check be coordinated much closely and it must be ensured that it is done as quickly as possible.

After all, which politician doesnot like being viewed as being geniunly worried, and taking action in the interest of national security ? We can make this issue into something they will like to treat as highest priority !!

This will ensure that the correct people don't have to wait forever, while the ones that are 'not so correct' are weeded out right at the beginning.

sertra2002

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you get the new EAD from the day the old one is expiring or did you lose any valid days ?

And I agree that we are all at USCIS mercy and lets hope that they get some simpathy for us and try to initiate our name checks atleast.

rajudm said:
My wife's EAD got approved on January 14th (ND Jan 3rd) and there is no LUD change on I485. On covering letter I had specifically requested them to initiate an FBI name check.
It looks like we are at USCIS mercy :eek:

I think you are right and please check this link ImmigrationPortal Followup and we should ask Dsatish to help us from the immigrationportal.org and we should include the valid point you have in the letter to the various congressman/senators as early as possible.

Any thoughts on this.....
sertra2002 said:
Dear All,
I agree with everyone that something must be done about this name check delay issue.
My take on this is that we should be clever in how we bring this issue to the senators/comgressmens attention. If we simply say our cases are getting delayed due to this, they may not put it as a high priority item. But if we also tell them that this could be a security risk issue for the US, because if name check is not done immidiatly, the wrong persons can claim immigration benefits like EAD/AP and can continue to stay in the US, thus compromising security. We can add, It is imperitive that these people be weeded out right at the start and therefore it is important that name check be coordinated much closely and it must be ensured that it is done as quickly as possible.

This will ensure that the correct people don't have to wait forever, while the ones that are 'not so correct' are weeded out right at the beginning.

sertra2002

My wife's Third EAD got approved yesterday within less than one month and my EAD is still pending and mine is still pending.

Lets see if atleast the EAD application should trigger my name check.