FBI Name Check Cleared but waiting for 485 approval

wowo485 said:
what is name check? On line message said that finger prints result was received on xxxx, does that means name check is completed by FBI?
Or, name check is a totally different procedure with finger prints? Please help me. I am worried about my name check now.

Yes, name check process is different from regular FP.

It can be triggered anytime after you file your I-1485. But most people think this is triggered when you give your FP. I am not sure which is correct.

To find out your name check status, you can do couple of things:

1. Call the CSC emergency # (If you are lucky, you will get an answer about your name check process)
2. Send an email to FBI asking the status of your name check process. (This one usually takes more than a month, even 2-3 months to get a response from FBI. Also, they respond only when name check is completed).

Hope this helps.

BTW, you can find tons of information about CSC emergency / FBI name check email format in this forum.

I-485 approved

At last, My I 485 is approved. I got the approval notice yesterday. Here are my details

CSC EB2
LC Date filed: 5/18/2001 AD 8/5/2002
I140 RD: 9/13/2002
I140 AD: 12/27/2002
I485 RD: 12/09/2003
FP Done: 04/15/2004
I485 AD: 04/19/2005

Good news from a 2001er, approved finally

Hi,
Finally, my case is approved. It takes around 4 years.

Got 2 emails notice, one from card order center, the other is same as other's email approval notice on 4/18/05 and 4/21/2005, respectively. Another surprise is: I got my card today before courtesy mail notice. :)
My spouse's is still pending, hope it will happen in the next week.

Details for my case:
485 RD: 12/2001,
3 fingerprint: April 2002, Jan 2004, 3/30/05.
RFE: twice. Feb 2004, Mar 2004
4 EAD, 4 AP.
Change jobs, AP international travels many times, etc. :)
Actually, my case is stuck in name check as well, it takes another extra year for the case approved. My name check is cleared around 3/9/05 and got FBI email back on 3/15/05. Immeditely, got INS fingerprint notice 3/17/05. On 4/11/05, INS got the result of fingerprint.

It's really a long and hard journey, but finally, it happens. So, believe it, if your guys are still waiting for the last approvajust need to be patient and wait for your time.

Thank you for this forum, it's very helpful.

chandrak762 said:
At last, My I 485 is approved. I got the approval notice yesterday. Here are my details

CSC EB2
LC Date filed: 5/18/2001 AD 8/5/2002
I140 RD: 9/13/2002
I140 AD: 12/27/2002
I485 RD: 12/09/2003
FP Done: 04/15/2004
I485 AD: 04/19/2005
My spouse's application is still pending. Hopefully that comes pretty soon.

All the best for people waiting for their 485.

Thanks a lot for all the information and support guys. This forum is really helpful.

got I485 approval

Hi ,

I was worried about my name check last week. I got my I485 approval email last Friday night! Hope you will get your's soon!

wac02-046 finally approved.

RD: Nov. 21, 2001 (yes, 2001)
Name check took a bit over two years to complete cause I have a very very common name.

2nd FP 3/02/05, approval email received 4/22/05.

It has been 4.5 year of waiting, it finally ended. YES!

This forum has been part of my life the last four years. I can't say enough good word about it. Good luck to everyone. Stay positive is what get me through the last two years.

ImmigrateMe
wac02-046-5xxxx

Immigrateme, What is that common name ? If it is other than an Indian name then don't bother to reply but if it is then please can you send me a private message ? I feel mine is also very common and trying to estimate the name check delay.

Thanks
Sonpapdi

sonpapdi said:
Immigrateme, What is that common name ? If it is other than an Indian name then don't bother to reply but if it is then please can you send me a private message ? I feel mine is also very common and trying to estimate the name check delay.

Thanks
Sonpapdi

It is a Chinese name. Not Indian. You know how common some Chinese name can be.

Working with a Congressman's office really helped my case.

2 questions for ImmigrateMe

ImmigrateMe said:
It is a Chinese name. Not Indian. You know how common some Chinese name can be.

Working with a Congressman's office really helped my case.

Glad to know you are Chinese too. Could you please tell me how you found out when USCIS send your name check? I called USCIC-CSC, the lady who answer my phone could not tell me when it was sent, however, she told me it takes 6-12 months to finish this "background investigation". I really wish to have some idea when to expect FBI finishes this "background investigation".

Also are "name Check" and "background investigation" same thing? I knw FP is different from "name check".

Thanks a lot!

Congrats! Immigrateme!

Congrats! Immigrateme!

It's a GC well-deserved. Good to know old cases are being approved.

BTW, is the street name "Cambria"? :)

:)

congratulations! and may I talk to you?

ImmigrateMe said:
RD: Nov. 21, 2001 (yes, 2001)
Name check took a bit over two years to complete cause I have a very very common name.

2nd FP 3/02/05, approval email received 4/22/05.

It has been 4.5 year of waiting, it finally ended. YES!

This forum has been part of my life the last four years. I can't say enough good word about it. Good luck to everyone. Stay positive is what get me through the last two years.

ImmigrateMe
wac02-046-5xxxx

Contratulations on your new approval! Since you have gone through this so successfully, may I talk to you by phone? If it is OK, please send your phone# to my email address: jennyming2004@yahoo.com. Many thanks in advance!

ImmigrateMe said:
Send you an email with my phone number. Call me.

hi ImmigrateMe,

could you offer some advice on the senator / congressman topic?

i am on my 4th EAD now, had second FP done mid this March, :(

my I-485 was filed on June 2002, and still with FBI i believe for the name check - as i called the CSC emergency number and found out early this month.

do you know which congressman/senator is more willing to help immigrants? i am in san diego. thank you

btw, i too, have a short and common first/last name, :)

adios said:
hi ImmigrateMe,

could you offer some advice on the senator / congressman topic?

i am on my 4th EAD now, had second FP done mid this March, :(

my I-485 was filed on June 2002, and still with FBI i believe for the name check - as i called the CSC emergency number and found out early this month.

do you know which congressman/senator is more willing to help immigrants? i am in san diego. thank you

btw, i too, have a short and common first/last name, :)

The congressman in charge of my area is Jerry Lewis. I am in San Bernardino. You should email FBI, use the "Mr. Hardy" template. It took them few months to reply my email. Congressman can issue "Congressional Inquiry", it will get more detailed, up to date result faster than our regular inquiry.

Happy days

So many old timers are approved these 2 weeks.
Such a good news for every old waiter.

ImmigrateMe said:
The congressman in charge of my area is Jerry Lewis. I am in San Bernardino. You should email FBI, use the "Mr. Hardy" template. It took them few months to reply my email. Congressman can issue "Congressional Inquiry", it will get more detailed, up to date result faster than our regular inquiry.

thank you ImmigrateMe.

i have tried mail/fax to Hardy early this March. guess will be a long wait for me to even get any response from FBI.

will contact my congressman as you suggested, maybe it can at least shorten the reply-back time from FBI, is that correct?

ImmigrateMe, may I talk to you also?

I am in the same boat with name check, pending since April 2003. Could you send me your phone number so I will call you? My email is dongjis@gmail.com. Thanks alot.

snail mail to FBI

I've been reading on this forum that snail mail to FBI is working for some. Did any of you send the mail by certified with return reciept and actually got back a return reciept? I sent mine a week ago and still didn't get the return reciept and was wondering if something is amiss...

i sent certified mail
never got delivery confirmation or any answer
i also sent several regular mails with the same result
also sent 4 e-mails with the same result