FBI Name Check Cleared but waiting for 485 approval

I called CSC Emergency line last week also. At that time one lady replied that our name checks have been received . But yesterday another lady said that it is still pending. Is it possible that guys at Emergency line can modify the records by mistake while looking at someone's file. Do they have modifying permission. Any body has any idea on this.

Regards,
mkot

mkot said:
Hi All,
I got email on March 10 from FBI saying that they sent the name check results to INS on March 4, 2005. Today I called CSC emergency number and they said that my name checks are still pending. Has anyone gone through this situation before. I would appreciate any advice on this.
Also my case is missing from telephone system. I am really worried about this.

Thanks,
mkot

I 485 RD : Dec, 2003
LUD : 03/21/2005

Usually it takes 1-3 weeks for the information "name check cleared" to become visible on the USCIS computers (I don't know exactly why).
My name check was completed on August 19, but as late as september 3rd
the officers on the Emergency line kept telling me that the name check was still pending...

My petition was finally approved on september 13.

Good luck.

You may wish to write to a senator or USCIS ombudsman if this mess is not resolved in a few weeks.

P.S. What I also did was faxing a letter to the Division XII, where I enclosed an e-mail from Mr. Hardy notifying me that my name check was cleared.

Try to relax: name check clearance was the main obstacle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks fine&jadwin for sharing your experience. I will try to contact senator. Hope this helps our case go further...
Regards,
mkot

Priority Date or Receipt Date?

Folks,

Which date is the king? Priority Date or Receipt Date.

My PD is Jun 2001 but my RD is Jan 2005 (painful wait!).

When should I expect my approval?

Thanks.

Hi, I sent email to FBI asking about name check status a couple of days ago, but no response so far. how soon did you get their response after you sent email? thanks.

FP, 485 possible approval

hi, I just did FP biometrics (Code 3) in late march, I 140 was approved almost immediately in Dec EB3 and it was filed in mid dec concurrently with 485 along with an approved labor sub with a priority date back in the nineties. Is there a pattern that 485 gets approved right after FP or does it always have to wait the 9 month period or whatever it is, I see a lot of responses on this forum from people that indicate that biometrics is the last thing that gets done before approval is issued. Any insight? thanks

gc203 said:
My name check was cleared on March 4 2005. FP was done in May 2004.
gc203,
Did you have any recent LUD's after your name check cleared? My name check was cleared on March 5. I had only one LUD on 3/21/05. I was hoping for approval, but now I am losing hope...

-mkot

mkot said:
gc203,
Did you have any recent LUD's after your name check cleared? My name check was cleared on March 5. I had only one LUD on 3/21/05. I was hoping for approval, but now I am losing hope...

-mkot

Hi mkot,

I suppose you know that your name check was cleared because you received an email from FBI.

If yes: What is the email address and the title for the reply?

I am asking because I am waiting for a response and I would hate to delete the response by accident with my daily spam.

What is LUD?

I am new to here.

Filed I140/485 concurently last October. Can anyone tell me what is LUD and how it will affect the process?

Thanks,
Goodman

goodmanz said:
I am new to here.

Filed I140/485 concurently last October. Can anyone tell me what is LUD and how it will affect the process?

Thanks,
Goodman

LUD stands for Last Updated Date.
Basically it happens when your file is touched by USCIS.

csc_pawn said:
Hi mkot,

I suppose you know that your name check was cleared because you received an email from FBI.

If yes: What is the email address and the title for the reply?

I am asking because I am waiting for a response and I would hate to delete the response by accident with my daily spam.

csc_pawn,
Email-id was : FBINNCP@ic.fbi.gov
Subject was : Name Check Status

-mkot

mkot said:
csc_pawn,
Email-id was : FBINNCP@ic.fbi.gov
Subject was : Name Check Status

-mkot

Thanks I will look for this email.

Now I am wondering if you actually receive an email if you name check is still pending which actually says it is pending ...

Anybody knows?

csc_pawn said:
Thanks I will look for this email.

Now I am wondering if you actually receive an email if you name check is still pending which actually says it is pending ...

Anybody knows?

from my experience they reply only if the name check is completed.

495Wait said:
hi, I just did FP biometrics (Code 3) in late march, I 140 was approved almost immediately in Dec EB3 and it was filed in mid dec concurrently with 485 along with an approved labor sub with a priority date back in the nineties. Is there a pattern that 485 gets approved right after FP or does it always have to wait the 9 month period or whatever it is, I see a lot of responses on this forum from people that indicate that biometrics is the last thing that gets done before approval is issued. Any insight? thanks
No that is not true. Atleast in CA the fingerprinting/biometrics has become first stage. We filed in Jan and completed FP & BIO in FEb. Got AP & EAD in Mar

gc203 said:
mkot,
i had one LUD. Don't lose hope. I think one of the biggest hurdles that is name check is cleared. Are your finger prints valid. My FP was done May 2004. Did you try calling up the emergency number to find out what is going on.
In a different thread, somebody has mentioned that their case is stuck with oversees checks since 2002. Is this something we have to worry about. This is something new I am hearing. Till now I have heard only about name check. Does anybody have any idea what this is about.
gc203,
I did call emergency line twice. First time they told that our name check is received, but after few days I called again, different person told me that our name checks are still pending. I don't know what's going on and what/whom to trust.
Did you also call emergency line. What was your experience?

-mkot

gc203 said:
mkot,
I called emergency line today and I was asked if I was an attorney. I said no, so he said call up customer service number. I am going to try calling again. If you have received an e-mail from fbi saying that your name check is complete then it is fine. Are your FP's valid. I will update if I get any information about my case.
Also I called customer service number twice in this week, the phone system is able to access derivative case but not primary since a week.

We had our FP's March 2004.
Sometimes you get this response from emergency line. But can try some other time if somebody in good mood answers your call and gives you some information...:)
Good luck...

Waiting for 485 approval

EB3 Concurrent CSC
Priority date - Jan 8th 2002
140/485 ND April 13th 2004
140 Approved Dec 17th 2004
FP cleared on June 5th 2004
Waiting for 485 approval :mad:

Approved

We got approval mails on friday April 8. Our (mine and spouse) namecheck results were forwarded to USCIS on March 5.
AFter that I called emergency number, they confirmed that they received our name check results. After one week, I again called emergency number for followup, but this time I was told that our name check results are still pending. It was quite frustrating. Sent inquiry last week. Also faxed/ sent letter to USCIS division II. On April 8, got approval mails.
Wish all the guys waiting for their approval after namecheck good luck and speedy approvals.

Thanks all,
mkot

gc203 said:
Folks with name check cleared and waiting for approval please post your details.

my name check was cleared and i called them to tell them that. so i told them that i wanted to confirm if uscis has recd. name check. when i called the officer (bless her for her help) called another dept. and told them to take up the case and act on it. she made sure my file had the status "name check is clear". i got biometrics in a weeks time from then and gc was approved in a few days.

all is good now. so remember and pester them to do something similar.