FBI Name Check Cleared but waiting for 485 approval

california_gc,

So you just told them that your namecheck is cleared and she instructed
someone in other department to start processing your case ? Didn't she
ask you what proof you have regarding namecheck ? Did the system have
a proof that your namecheck is done ?

Interesting .. but if it works, then I am all for it.

outletvolt1 said:
california_gc,

So you just told them that your namecheck is cleared and she instructed
someone in other department to start processing your case ? Didn't she
ask you what proof you have regarding namecheck ? Did the system have
a proof that your namecheck is done ?

Interesting .. but if it works, then I am all for it.

no i told them that fbi notified me that my name check is complete and they have sent results to uscis also. i told them that i have recd. an email. then she must have checked if they got them or not...

call only if the name check is complete...don't try to BS with them. has your namecheck completed?

california_gc said:
no i told them that fbi notified me that my name check is complete and they have sent results to uscis also. i told them that i have recd. an email. then she must have checked if they got them or not...

call only if the name check is complete...don't try to BS with them. has your namecheck completed?

Makes sense.

My namecheck umm .. I need to followup with FBI to find out if it is cleared.
What is the best way these days to do that ? I sent email in January, but havne't heard back. I heard recently that they closed that email service as well.

Name check completed 1/31/05 (got email reply from FBI)
2nd FP done 3/2/05
USCIS confirm receiving 2FP result 3/8/05
Congressman sent an inquiry 4/7/05, pending for result

What can I do at this point? Call USCIS to confirm they received the name check result?

ImmigrateMe
WAC02-046-5xxxx (the oldest case on earth)

ImmigrateMe said:
Name check completed 1/31/05 (got email reply from FBI)
2nd FP done 3/2/05
USCIS confirm receiving 2FP result 3/8/05
Congressman sent an inquiry 4/7/05, pending for result

What can I do at this point? Call USCIS to confirm they received the name check result?

ImmigrateMe
WAC02-046-5xxxx (the oldest case on earth)

yes call them and confirm that name check results were recd. make sure they notice them. i wouldn't involve congressman at this stage. there is consensus that it results in the case being transferred to local office which means potentially a long wait. you might be so close to approval or like me your case might have been approved and the status might not have changed.

Name Check completed on March 4,2005, no FP notice yet

I received a mail saying that my name check is cleared on March 04th.

My first FP was done on Apr 10th, 2004. Unlike other people on this list, So far I haven't received any FP(biometrics) notice.

When I called up the emergency number two weeks back, the lady said that my application is approved on Mar 24th, but my status doesn't reflect this.
She has asked me to wait for a couple of weeks to see the change in online status.

So far no status change, NO LUD change. The LUD still shows 03/25.

Don't know whats going on with my application....Anybody else in similar situation ?

chandrak762 said:
I received a mail saying that my name check is cleared on March 04th.

My first FP was done on Apr 10th, 2004. Unlike other people on this list, So far I haven't received any FP(biometrics) notice.

When I called up the emergency number two weeks back, the lady said that my application is approved on Mar 24th, but my status doesn't reflect this.
She has asked me to wait for a couple of weeks to see the change in online status.

So far no status change, NO LUD change. The LUD still shows 03/25.

Don't know whats going on with my application....Anybody else in similar situation ?
Hi Chandrak,
Same thing happened to us. And we got our approval last week. Our name check also got cleared on March 5. So I think your approval is also about to come...

-mkot

I called up emergency number and they also mentioned that my Name check is cleared but I am still waiting for my I-485/I-140 to be cleared.
I got my second FP done and according to FBI results were sent to UCIS on April 4th.
I140/1-485 Filed concurrently Rcd date 08/2003
Secod EAD/AP approved
Second FP done 03/25/05

mkot said:
Hi Chandrak,
Same thing happened to us. And we got our approval last week. Our name check also got cleared on March 5. So I think your approval is also about to come...

-mkot
Thanks mkot, Hope I get my GC soon.

Did you see an LUD change before the approvals. I had an LUD change 2-3 weeks after the name check was completed, but no change after that.

My name check was finally completed after over 20 months and sending 4 letters (2 certified, 2 express) to the FBI...

Dear xxxxxx:

I am responding to your letter dated March 24, 2005, concerning your name check status for immigration purposes.

The FBI completed a name check for you on April 7, 2005, and the results were forwarded to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Headquarters, Washington, DC.

Michael A. Cannon/gmg
Chief, National Name Check
Program Section
Records Management Division

Hopefully I will get my GC approved soon...

Hi nvmnd,

Did you get a letter or an email? When did you send your first letter?

Thanks
123_sam

nvmnd said:
My name check was finally completed after over 20 months and sending 4 letters (2 certified, 2 express) to the FBI...

Dear xxxxxx:

I am responding to your letter dated March 24, 2005, concerning your name check status for immigration purposes.

The FBI completed a name check for you on April 7, 2005, and the results were forwarded to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Headquarters, Washington, DC.

Michael A. Cannon/gmg
Chief, National Name Check
Program Section
Records Management Division

Hopefully I will get my GC approved soon...

123_sam said:
Hi nvmnd,

Did you get a letter or an email? When did you send your first letter?

Thanks
123_sam

I got the response through email. I sent my first letter around Feb 20th.
Nvmnd

congrats

nvmnd said:
I got the response through email. I sent my first letter around Feb 20th.
Nvmnd
great to hear the good news my friend. Hope you will be approved soon!
baywatcher

baywatcher said:
great to hear the good news my friend. Hope you will be approved soon!
baywatcher

Thank you, Baywatcher. How is it going with you? Any news?

Lets hope speedy approvals for both of us!

Nvmnd

Hi nvmnd,

I am happy to see that FBI does respond time to time.

20 month is a long time.
This delay is so absurd.

When did you get your I140?

csc_pawn said:
Hi nvmnd,

I am happy to see that FBI does respond time to time.

20 month is a long time.
This delay is so absurd.

When did you get your I140?

Csc_pawn:

My I-140 was approved in June 2003 before I filed my I-485.

Nvmnd

nvmnd said:
Csc_pawn:

My I-140 was approved in June 2003 before I filed my I-485.

Nvmnd

Thank you.
Well at least you can switch jobs.

I can't believe some CSC officer still hold I140 processing while name check is pending.

Based on your experience it seems FBI ignores your letters/fax/email untill your name check is cleared.
What I mean is that they would not actually tell you that your name check is pending. Right?

csc_pawn said:
Thank you.
Well at least you can switch jobs.

I can't believe some CSC officer still hold I140 processing while name check is pending.

Based on your experience it seems FBI ignores your letters/fax/email untill your name check is cleared.
What I mean is that they would not actually tell you that your name check is pending. Right?

Actually the FBI did tell me my name check was pending back in January in response to my email inquiry sent out last October. I believe a lot of folks have got emails from FBI stating their name checks were pending. There is a huge backlog in responding time though.

nvmnd said:
Actually the FBI did tell me my name check was pending back in January in response to my email inquiry sent out last October. I believe a lot of folks have got emails from FBI stating their name checks were pending. There is a huge backlog in responding time though.

I sent email in November and never got a response. I am now sending faxes and letters to see if it helps ...

Well it is good to know that I should get an email. I will call again to see what is the backlog our days.

name check is a new procedure?

what is name check? On line message said that finger prints result was received on xxxx, does that means name check is completed by FBI?
Or, name check is a totally different procedure with finger prints? Please help me. I am worried about my name check now.