FBI Name Check Cleared but waiting for 485 approval

Hi Desi145.

Thanks for the suggestion.. I'll send an email enquiry/contact senator soon. Also what is the best way to contact the senator. Call or letter ? Thanks again for all the help..

july022004,
The USCIS Emergency No is (949)389-3007

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks LS_2004, and good luck with your job.
LS_2004 said:
Hi Desi145.

Thanks for the suggestion.. I'll send an email enquiry/contact senator soon. Also what is the best way to contact the senator. Call or letter ? Thanks again for all the help..

july022004,

I called the senator office first and then faxed them the papers. called again after couple of days, to make sure they receive the fax, and if they have any questions/doubts. I sent the printout of the email received from FBI regarding the name check status as well.

LS_2004 said:
Hi Desi145.

july022004,

desi145 said:
I called the senator office first and then faxed them the papers. called again after couple of days, to make sure they receive the fax, and if they have any questions/doubts. I sent the printout of the email received from FBI regarding the name check status as well.
Thanks desi145 !!
I'll call .. Will keep posting on any updates..

WAITING for luck ...

Hi usa1998 / desi145,

did u guys saw any LUD change after your name cleared from FBI ? My name check was cleared from FBI on 23rd feb but still i don't see any LUD change for my I-140 / I-485.

Name check complete

Name check is complete for RD: Jan 2004.
I got this response from FBI about namecheck. What is the next step and how long till one can expect a final approval. I know things vary but what are your experiences...

Text from email:
I am responding to your email dated November 11, 2004, concerning your name check status for immigration purposes.

The FBI completed a name check for you on March 4, 2005, and the results were forwarded to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Headquarters, Washington, DC.

My 485 case is also similiar

My I-140 got cleared on Sep21st 2004

But my 485 is not , I called INS and they send told me My case
was selected for DETAILED REVIEW . Do you know what I can do now.

Is this means FBI Name check is pending???

I recently requested my I485 pending status, i got the following replay from INS,
can somebody explain what does this mean?? i have no idea?? is this kind of name check delay of something??

Here is the message from INS:

Pending- Your 485 application is currently pending system checks and you will be notified by mail once a decision has been made.

Can somebody please explain what does this mean?? i have no idea?? is this means my Name check is pending?? please help me here??

Thanks in Advance

Ashok

Priority Date : Oct 10 2001(CSC,EB3)
I485 : 3-9-2004
LUD: 3/11/2005
I140: Approved in Dec 2004

ashokanumandla said:
I recently requested my I485 pending status, i got the following replay from INS,
can somebody explain what does this mean?? i have no idea?? is this kind of name check delay of something??

Here is the message from INS:

Pending- Your 485 application is currently pending system checks and you will be notified by mail once a decision has been made.

Can somebody please explain what does this mean?? i have no idea?? is this means my Name check is pending?? please help me here??

Thanks in Advance

Ashok

Priority Date : Oct 10 2001(CSC,EB3)
I485 : 3-9-2004
LUD: 3/11/2005
I140: Approved in Dec 2004

there is no standard text. but anything with review looks bad to me. it could be name check but again everyone has to go through a name check so yours could be faster...

I-485 RD is Dec 2003.

I got a simliar email from FBI

The FBI completed a name check for you on March 4, 2005, and the results were forwarded to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Headquarters, Washington, DC.

Still Waiting for the approval.

california_gc said:
Name check is complete for RD: Jan 2004.
I got this response from FBI about namecheck. What is the next step and how long till one can expect a final approval. I know things vary but what are your experiences...

Text from email:
I am responding to your email dated November 11, 2004, concerning your name check status for immigration purposes.

Friends,

Finally, I got my I-140/I-485 approved on 14th march. Here is the detail about my case.

Labor applied: 21-Sep-2001.(EB2)
LCA remanded to state: June 2003
LCA approved: 16-Jan-2003
I-140 / I-485 filed: 18-Feb-2003
EAD/AP Approved: 5-April-2003
2nd EAD/AP Approved: 25-Jan-2005

After initiating the first inquiry with USCIS in last week of Jan ‘05, I came to know that my case is pending for detailed review (famous FBI name check)

Email / fax to FBI on 2nd Feb’05.
Send a letter to “David Hardy” on 8th Feb’05 for my name check status.
My name check was cleared on 23rd Feb’05.

I-140/ I 485 approved on 14th March.

This forum was really a great help for me. Wishing you all a very good luck.

Thanks,

Chandrak762,

What is the receipt date of your 485 ? Have you contacted anyone in fbi or uscis?

The receipt date for my 485 is dec 15 2003. I have sent several emails / letters to fbi with no response.

Thanks
123_sam

chandrak762 said:
I-485 RD is Dec 2003.

I got a simliar email from FBI

Still Waiting for the approval.

123_sam said:
Chandrak762,

What is the receipt date of your 485 ? Have you contacted anyone in fbi or uscis?

The receipt date for my 485 is dec 15 2003. I have sent several emails / letters to fbi with no response.

Thanks
123_sam

the trend seems to be that they reply only if the name check is complete...

123_sam,

RD for my 485 is Dec 09, 2003.

I have sent the Name Check inquiry fax to FBI on February 16, 2005 and received a reply on March 04th.

Thanks.

123_sam said:
Chandrak762,

Thanks
123_sam

Dear Lalu,

Could you tell me the format of the letter to Mr. David Hardy

lalu_485 said:
Friends,

Finally, I got my I-140/I-485 approved on 14th march. Here is the detail about my case.

Labor applied: 21-Sep-2001.(EB2)
LCA remanded to state: June 2003
LCA approved: 16-Jan-2003
I-140 / I-485 filed: 18-Feb-2003
EAD/AP Approved: 5-April-2003
2nd EAD/AP Approved: 25-Jan-2005

After initiating the first inquiry with USCIS in last week of Jan ‘05, I came to know that my case is pending for detailed review (famous FBI name check)

Email / fax to FBI on 2nd Feb’05.
Send a letter to “David Hardy” on 8th Feb’05 for my name check status.
My name check was cleared on 23rd Feb’05.

I-140/ I 485 approved on 14th March.

This forum was really a great help for me. Wishing you all a very good luck.

Thanks,

Dear Chandrak,

Could give me that FAX number and any format required ?

Thanks

chandrak762 said:
123_sam,

RD for my 485 is Dec 09, 2003.

I have sent the Name Check inquiry fax to FBI on February 16, 2005 and received a reply on March 04th.

Thanks.

fax number for Name Check Inquiry : 202-324-3367
Email: fbinncp@ic.fbi.gov
Or
You can send an inquiry letter by regular mail to
Mr. David M Hardy
Records/Information Dissemination Section
Federal Bureau of Investigation
935 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W
Washington, D.C. 20535

Sample text:

SUB:Name check status/expedite request

Sir/Madam,

My wife (derivative applicant) and self (primary applicant) have applied for our adjustment of status on the 20th dec 2002 . I understand that a name check is being carried out as part of the process by your office. I would appreciate if you can let me know if you have completed the checks for us .In case our name check is pending i would be grateful if you could expedite the same. I would like to thank your for your understanding in this regard. Our details are as follows

Self

Name: xxxxxxxxxxx

Alien #: xxxxxxx

DOB :xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Email Id :

Spouse

Name : xxxxxxxxxxxx

Alien #:xxxxxxxxxx

DOB : xxxxxxxxxxxx

Email Id : xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks once again for all your help

Warm regards,

Hi All,
I got email on March 10 from FBI saying that they sent the name check results to INS on March 4, 2005. Today I called CSC emergency number and they said that my name checks are still pending. Has anyone gone through this situation before. I would appreciate any advice on this.
Also my case is missing from telephone system. I am really worried about this.

Thanks,
mkot

I 485 RD : Dec, 2003
LUD : 03/21/2005

mkot said:
Hi All,
I got email on March 10 from FBI saying that they sent the name check results to INS on March 4, 2005. Today I called CSC emergency number and they said that my name checks are still pending. Has anyone gone through this situation before. I would appreciate any advice on this.
Also my case is missing from telephone system. I am really worried about this.

Thanks,
mkot

I 485 RD : Dec, 2003
LUD : 03/21/2005

Are these people just like that saying that "Name check is still pending" to keep us quiet for some time? Now a days, many forum members are getting this answer when they call CSC emergency #.

Anybody else have observed this?