FBI Name Check Cleared but waiting for 485 approval

Seems nobody can answer this question

myPR said:
my CIS message is "the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made."

Do I have to inquiry the name check from FBI?

:confused:
One more question: if your name check is pending, what is your USCIS online message?

I can answer both questions.

First:

The message was about FP review, the question was about name check. You know that your FP result was received by CIS. Do you want to know if FBI finished name check? Then send a request.

Second:

CIS does not post any message specific for name check. Message may stay the same as it was before name check started, it may be updated because of RFE or changed to stupid message "we responded to your request". Message may change or not during name check. You will not be able to get any information about name check from on-line message. Except, if message says "this case was approved", you know that your name check finished.

LS_2004 said:
Great News!! Congratulations & thanks for the updated..
Hope to see some good news on my case too. FBI replied that my name check results were sent to USCIS 14th Feb

LS_2004, did FBI email you about your name check or did they call you? who did you send your letter to? Hardy, Hooton or both? What did you state as your reason for expedite?

Thanks.
Nvmnd

I sent a letter to : (Didnt address to anyone)
Records/Information Dissemination Section
Federal Bureau of Investigation
935 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W
Washington, D.C. 20535

Got a respnse via email..

Second FP

Hi guys,

Congrats Desi145 for the 485 approval.

Here is an update from me. on feb19th i received e-mail from USCIS that my second EAD and first AP are approved. Yesterday i received a letter from USCIS to got for 2 FP on march 09. I did my FP on april 2004 and it is still good.

Last week i got a reply from FBI saying that they did my name check in oct 2003 and again on feb 2004 and fwd the results to USCIS.
Did anyone in similar situation my case details are

I140-RD may2003 AD-aug-2004
I485-RD Oct2003 AD ?
1FP-April 2004

waitingforluck said:
I will be appreciated if you can post the context for name check.

Thanks,
waitingforluck here you go

Sub: Name Check Status for I-485 application.

I had applied for my Adjustment of status (I-485) on xxxxx . I understand that the I-485 Adjudication process by USCIS is now pending waiting for name check results from your department. I would appreciate if you can let me know the current status of the name check. In case my name check is pending I would be grateful if you could expedite the same. Thanks for your time & your help on this regard. My case details are as follows

First Name:
Last Name:
Alien #:
USCIS I-485 receipt #
Date of Birth:
Email Id:
Phone #:

Last edited by a moderator:
LS_2004 said:
I sent a letter to : (Didnt address to anyone)
Records/Information Dissemination Section
Federal Bureau of Investigation
935 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W
Washington, D.C. 20535

Got a respnse via email..

LS_2004:
I could tell from your signature that FBI completed your name check on 2/14/05, but when did you receive the email? I sent a letter recently and was trying to estimate when I would get a response.
Thanks,
Nvmnd

Spouse's I485 approved. Mine still pending, is it potential name check?

My I-140 was approved on Jan 18,2005. The 485 online case status was updated on the same day but no new message.Wife got a medical RFE on the same date as well.

We responded and her online case was last updated on Feb 25, 2005. Today my Lawyer told me he got her 485 approval letter.

There is no news for my case, is this a potential case of my name being checked by FBI? Should I be contacting them?

My case details:
EB2 Concurrent - CSC

I140/485/765/131 RD-09/27/04
I140/485/765/131 ND-09/30/04

I-140 approved 1/18/05
Wife's I-485 approved 2/24/05

Last edited by a moderator:
delayscks said:
nvmnd

You can expect a response from FBI in about 3-4 weeks. Good luck.

That sounds a bit long. I guess I'll take it if I could get a positive response :) Thanks Delayscks.

Nvmnd

nvmnd said:
LS_2004:
I could tell from your signature that FBI completed your name check on 2/14/05, but when did you receive the email? I sent a letter recently and was trying to estimate when I would get a response.
Thanks,
Nvmnd
I got the response sometime last week so ~3weeks

Hey desi145 & others..

I called uscis & found my Name check results havent been received by them yet... FBI email mentioned that name check results were sent to USCIS on Feb 14th. Any advice as what can be done.. Please advice.. I am losing my job on Mar31st & I am hoping I can do sometihing to expedite my case ..

Please help..

I485 approved

Hi everybody

I got my I485 approval notice yesterday. My name check was complted on Feb10 and had my second FP on mar 09-2005. On mar10 -2205 morning i received the e-mails. Still I m not understand why they look my prints again.
Thank you all. This forrum is good.

Desi145 I have some questions regarding the stamping.

Is the courstesy notice enough for the stamping or do i need the original?
My lawyer got the original notice.

My details

EB1 category
I140-may-2003
I485-oct-2003
1st FP-april-2004
I140 approved -august-2004
Received letter from CSC about detailed review in october-2004
FBI-name check cleared on oct2003 and feb10-2004
2rd FP-march-9-2005
I485-approved-March10-2005
LUD changed on march-11-2005 saying that my card was ordered

Emer number

"3/11/05- Called Emer No & found Name check still pending"

LS_2004 what Emer (?) number did you call? Can you please post the number?

LS_2004 said:
I got the response sometime last week so ~3weeks

Hi LS_2004,
sorry to hear about ur job loss. submit an email inquiry to csc in couple of days. This may trigger them to check ur file in a week.
Also try to write senator/congressman office for help, there inquiry may reach INS in couple of weeks, and by that time your name check results may have arrived in ur file.
I tried both these and received approval in my email reply earlier. My case status got updated day after I received email reply.
Keep looking at your LUD, I saw LUD change in a week after FBI results sent.

Wish you all the best.

USA1998,
I took both approval notices (original and courtesy), but showed only courtesy copy, It was fine. They didn't ask for attorney copy. You can try to get infopass appointment ASAP. That may be after a week, hopefully by that time you can receive attorney copy also.
Are you stamping in SJ? there is lot of construction going on that side, so try to leave little early for appointment