FBI Finger printing check

GC-USC

Here is my info:

N-400
Detroit - NSC
Priority date Jan 17, 2008
FP done: Feb 15, 2008

I called in USCIS no: 1800-375-5283. I get a message that the case is not found.
How do you get in touch with IIO?

Did anyone have this situation before?

Is there a different phone no to check status of FBI Finger Printing?

Thanks in advance for the info.

Hi

To check FBI finger print status, you need to call FBI at 304-625-5590 or 304-6252406.

Do not call USCIS for finger print status check.

Another option

Here is my info:

N-400
Detroit - NSC
Priority date Jan 17, 2008
FP done: Feb 15, 2008

I called in USCIS no: 1800-375-5283. I get a message that the case is not found.
How do you get in touch with IIO?

Did anyone have this situation before?

Is there a different phone no to check status of FBI Finger Printing?

Thanks in advance for the info.

Another option for you is to call back the same line 1-800-375-5283 and have the rep escalate your call to the next level of cust service which is generally answered by an officer. Since they can't look your case online, they should escalate your call & the good news is the officers are able to pull up your case/file by your A # or receipt number. They will ask you couple of basic questions to verify your identity. They can even confirm you that your FP were done on such and such date. This way you will be assured that the FP are in the system. Good luck.

Really? Can we call FBI directly for status? What information do they need to look up the case?

Hi

To check FBI finger print status, you need to call FBI at 304-625-5590 or 304-6252406.

Do not call USCIS for finger print status check.

Called FBI today, Rep said that Fingerprinting is done & complete. But they done know anything about namecheck and background check.

what does this mean?..
Do i need to call any other dept for name check and back groud?
How can i get update on this?

Called FBI today, Rep said that Fingerprinting is done & complete. But they done know anything about namecheck and background check.

what does this mean?..
Do i need to call any other dept for name check and back groud?
How can i get update on this?

You'd have to call USCIS and speak with an IO to get a status on your name check.

Has an IO ever challenged a caller after finding out that the initial application number provided was not theirs, after noticing two different numbers? If so, what was the caller's response?
Isn't this risky business?

Sammy

Has an IO ever challenged a caller after finding out that the initial application number provided was not theirs, after noticing two different numbers? If so, what was the caller's response?

Sammy

Not that I know of. As far as I know, the CSR doesn't write the number down, but only enters it as you are dictating it to them. When the call is transferred to an IO, it's like transferring a call to a different extension. The CSR doesn't get on the phone with an IO before transferring your call.

If a situation arose where an IO challenged me about the receipt number, I'd honestly tell them that CSRs are a step shy of retarded and have no useful information at all.

When I tried this, the IO didn't ask for an application number, just my A#. So I think they have no interest in your conversation with the CSR.

Did they mention that you were in a queue for interview ? Or did they just say your name check was pending ? Thanks.

IO didnt say anything about interview.. He said, waiting for name check completion- It can take any where from 2 weeks - 4 yrs.

They would be sending application to country where applicant was born and would need reponse from them.

My Question..

.Q1. Do evrybody goes thru name check process?

IO didnt say anything about interview.. He said, waiting for name check completion- It can take any where from 2 weeks - 4 yrs.

They would be sending application to country where applicant was born and would need reponse from them.

My Question..

.Q1. Do evrybody goes thru name check process?

Every applicant goes through name check. Most clear it quickly, a few get stuck.

I highly doubt that there's even an ounce of truth about sending the application to an applicant's country of birth. Do you really think that countries like Iran, Cuba, or North Korea would even open the package, let alone respond to it?

I highly doubt that there's even an ounce of truth about sending the application to an applicant's country of birth. Do you really think that countries like Iran, Cuba, or North Korea would even open the package, let alone respond to it?[/QUOTE]

Thats what IO told regarding sending to applicant's country of birth.

My Name check has been initiated in Jan.. It's been 2 months. Do i need to worry Or thats the normail wait time?

Name checks gets cleared quicky within 30 days.. If not it might take very looong time. Please advice.

Thats what IO told regarding sending to applicant's country of birth.

My Name check has been initiated in Jan.. It's been 2 months. Do i need to worry Or thats the normail wait time?

Name checks gets cleared quicky within 30 days.. If not it might take very looong time. Please advice.

I honestly think that the IO told you a bunch of nonsense. If your name doesn't get any "hits" during the name check phase, then your name check is cleared within 48 hours. Do you honestly think it would clear that quickly if your file was sent to your country of birth? Think about it...every applicant would be waiting YEARS to get their interview.

As far as your name check goes, don't lose hope just yet. Accodring to the statistics, if your name generates one "hit", it takes about a month to complete the name check. If your name generates 2-3 "hits", it may take up to 6 months to complete your name check. According to the FBI, only 1% of applicants get stuck for more than 6 months.