Fastest N-400 Processing Centers - Which Are They ? Enter Ur Timelines Everyone ! :-)

kssohal

Registered Users (C)
Hello Everyone,

Please give your input as to which is the fastes N-400 processing center ? ....meaning where it took the LEAST number of months between filing your N400, and getting your Citizenship.

Is Seatle, WA the fastest ? ...from the INS site, it seems it takes just 4 months there ! see....

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/ptimes.jsp?

All inputs welcome ! Thanks in advance everyone.

kssohal said:
Hello Everyone,

Please give your input as to which is the fastes N-400 processing center ? ....meaning where it took the LEAST number of months between filing your N400, and getting your Citizenship.

Is Seatle, WA the fastest ? ...from the INS site, it seems it takes just 4 months there ! see....

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/ptimes.jsp?

All inputs welcome ! Thanks in advance everyone.

wichita KS is the fastest
you can move there and apply if you want

San Antonio and Baltimore are very fast. Orlando, West Palm Beach, and Miami are some of the slowest.

When you say move to Wichita - KS, what exactly one needs to do? Can I move to Wichita and work elsewhere? Please provide details.

Thanks

Buy/rent a house/apartment, get a KS driver's licence, start paying KS taxes, after 3 months of you move, you can file N-400. If you are consultant, and have the flexibility to live anywhere, then yes do it. You can travel anywhere for business, when needed.

sresan said:
When you say move to Wichita - KS, what exactly one needs to do? Can I move to Wichita and work elsewhere? Please provide details.

Thanks

get an address , get cheap apartment ...you can find job there too
just move if you want to get it done quick

And... Why would you want to do that? Average time for the processing is 8-10 months (for most DOs), even if you move to Wichita (where as per USCIS website the processing time is ~3months), you'd still have to live there for at least 3 months before you can apply.

So, if you are eligible to apply now and move to Wichita today, it would still take you at least 6 months in Wichita as opposed to 8-10 months at most other places.

Tampa is not bad, it takes about 10-12 months. There are no oath cermonies on the same day of interview in Florida. Tampa has monthly oath ceremonies. Jacksonville is same as Tampa. Rest of Florida can be 12 to 18 months on an average, but more 2 yrs is also common.

I have some more time to go before I could apply. Also, being a consultant I have the flexibility to move anywhere.

When is the oath ceremony at Wichita? Is it the same day or there is wait? Please let me know.

thanks for the help.

San Antonio DO

:confused:
San Antonio and Baltimore are very fast. Orlando, West Palm Beach, and Miami are some of the slowest.

Guys:

What is the definition of fastest? I am in the SA office and about to complete 3 months from the Notice Date but so far no sign of the interview letter (Fingerprinting is done). And there are no updates on the website also.

All this may be moot if your application gets stuck in name check. In that case it doesn't really matter how fast your DO is. As someone pointed out the difference in processing time between various DOs is a few months (unless you are in Washington DC or San Jose where the process is especially slow) and so it is not worth moving to a new place just to get faster processing (and spend 3 months there establishing residency before you can even apply).

-KM

All this may be moot if your application gets stuck in name check. In that case it doesn't really matter how fast your DO is. As someone pointed out the difference in processing time between various DOs is a few months (unless you are in Washington DC or San Jose where the process is especially slow) and so it is not worth moving to a new place just to get faster processing (and spend 3 months there establishing residency before you can even apply).

-KM

Correct, this really varies from person to person looks like.

Due to FBI name check delays one can never tell for sure!

Well, times vary at the local centers and more importantly at the Service Centers. Typically TSC is the slowest and CSC and NSC are reasonably fast. That said, the million dollar question here is that a minimum of 32% of people will have 3 months or more of delay due to FBI name checks, (particularly if you are of middle eastern, male, east european or Asian (including Russian) background. There is no guarentee that not being from any of the above racial/religious groups you will not be caught up. So there is no point in moving - just sit tight and if it is delayed - whine and write letters to congressmen, have washinton times write articles and keep your cool! No doubt FBI's image and USCIS's image keeps going down every time a neighbour or collegues hears that even after XX months FBI can not conclusively send a report that this person has nothing to do with crime.

Imagine should a future bomber come out of the people stuck in name check for last 4 years! I am sure the 329,000 people stuck in name check would not loose this opportunity to point a finger at USCIS, who is the main culprit here. They insist that FBI do main file AND reference file checks, whereas FBI would just like to do main file checks (which is essentially what you can get done yourself for free in 3 weeks through FOIPA).