***FAQ***- Please check this thread before posting a question.

Hey ETA,

Thanks. Just the question I had in my mind and exactly the answer I wanted.

Rgds,

Yeppo

Hi ETA-GC,

My 485 was approved and waiting to receive approval notice by mail. My registered mailling address with INS is Chicago address. But currently I am working in California. Shall I take Infopass appointmant from california INS office which is near to my home?

Please advice on this.

Thanks

Diva

divakarap said:
Hi ETA-GC,

My 485 was approved and waiting to receive approval notice by mail. My registered mailling address with INS is Chicago address. But currently I am working in California. Shall I take Infopass appointmant from california INS office which is near to my home?

Please advice on this.

Thanks

Diva

Hi Diva.

From what I understand, based on what I've read elsewhere, you can take the appointment at the nearest office to where you currently live. Enter your zip code and see which office they direct you to. You may need to show that you actually live in that zip so you might want to bring your drivers license, recent bills etc. that show this.

Of course, you will need your approval notice (the one they mail to you) for the stamping -- hopefully you've arranged to have this forwarded? And, this isn't a USCIS issue but, presumably, you've filed an AR-11 for your current location? Also, read the FAQ that I posted a few posts back for other, possibly useful info.

Good luck!

ETA

Last edited by a moderator:
Eta-gc

Congrats on your approval. I am one of those unlucky to got stuck in retrogression storm, 6 days remaining to see If I get stuck in it. My PD Is July 21, 2002, almost had the approval few months ago but for the security check at FBI saying 'no records'.

I entered on Advance Parole last week after 4 week vacation. AP says that if it is presented before 15th April 2005 I can enter the country. Immigration officer has stamped the AP ....paroled until Dec 18th 2005.

Do I need to apply for another AP soon or can I keep using until Dec18th 2005. I understood AP document was for one year from the date it was approved, or is it we should go by paroled date?

thanks
raju

rajudm said:
Congrats on your approval. I am one of those unlucky to got stuck in retrogression storm, 6 days remaining to see If I get stuck in it. My PD Is July 21, 2002, almost had the approval few months ago but for the security check at FBI saying 'no records'.

I entered on Advance Parole last week after 4 week vacation. AP says that if it is presented before 15th April 2005 I can enter the country. Immigration officer has stamped the AP ....paroled until Dec 18th 2005.

Do I need to apply for another AP soon or can I keep using until Dec18th 2005. I understood AP document was for one year from the date it was approved, or is it we should go by paroled date?

thanks
raju

Hi raju.

Sorry to hear that you could be affected by the PD rollback.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure about the AP question. I never got/used AP myself. You might try posting your question in a new thread in the main I-485 forum -- I'm sure others have been through this.

Hope you get approved soon!

ETA

I filed i140/485 a pre approved LC concurrent filing petetion Last month and received a rejection notice today that reads as follows

“You have submitted the application with Supplement A and $1000 statutory fee for adjustment of status under section 245(i) of the Immigration Nationality Act (INA). An Amendment of INA however makes you ineligible for Consideration under section 245(i) because

You are applying under the Diversity Visa Program. You have not established that you are the beneficiary of a visa petition or labor certification filed on or before April 30, 2001 who is grandfathered and thus eligible to adjust status under section 245(i)

Your priority date of immigrant petition is after April 30, 2001 and section 245(i) is no longer available for applicants after that date

If you still feel that you are eligible under section 245(a) you may resubmit your application with out supplement A and with out a payment of $1000 penalty fee"

My lawyer says its a blunder on part of INS to consider my employment based petetion on section 245(i) and we can reappeal shortly with a cover letter stating the issue.

did any one encounter such rejection and what steps need to be taken before repetitioning?

Please help

I have been searching this thread to find information about the name check.
I can find everything except where to begin.

I dont know if my application is stick in name check or not.
How exactly do I find this information? Is the a number to call?
My application is in VSC.

neocor

neocor said:
I have been searching this thread to find information about the name check.
I can find everything except where to begin.

I dont know if my application is stick in name check or not.
How exactly do I find this information? Is the a number to call?
My application is in VSC.

neocor

Earlier there was a fax and e-mail address of FBI and you could send e-mail asking about your name check status, I asked on Oct 2004 and they replied on Jan 2005. Now they do not reply anymore.
So if your case is in local center, you can make infopass and ask. If it is in VSC (or CSC etc), call Natl Customer Serv Center 800-375-5283, they transfer you to rep and may tell you. In my case, they promised to research (or something like that, I do not remember exact words), and later (in 1.5 months) I received a letter by mail stating I am stuck in name check.
Or (for any case) ask your local congressman or senator to contact FBI asking about your case status.