Family member at the oath ceremony

RD2426

Registered Users (C)
- Lot of people have brought their children. I saw one person take his children inside the interview room as his wife already went for interview and didn't come back by the time his name was called.

Does anyone know if we can bring a adult family member (other than children)? If a family member wants to witness the oath ceremony, can they come in with you when you first get into the building (including 14th or 15th floor) or do they have to wait outside the building until its time for you to take the oath?

Thanks

I am sure someone knows the answer to this. Guys ???

Family members are fine to attend the ceremony. As long as you have an invitation to the ceremony, they are part of your entourage, so bring them along. If possible, invite your entire neighborhood...:)

As long as you have an invitation to the ceremony, they are part of your entourage, so bring them along. If possible, invite your entire neighborhood...:)

Al Southner: Why don't you give it a shot and let me know how it goes. Also I encourage you to save such smarta*s comments for your interview ;)

Other members: As entertaining as these smarta*s comments are... I am looking for some valid information. Please comment if you know.

Hey,

I had attended my husbands oath ceremony. But they asked us not to bring more than a 1-2 persons to the oath. So call the DO where your oath ceremony will be held and ask them.

Hey,

I had attended my husbands oath ceremony. But they asked us not to bring more than a 1-2 persons to the oath. So call the DO where your oath ceremony will be held and ask them.

I attended my mother's oath ceremony and they did not care how many people came.

Al Southner: Why don't you give it a shot and let me know how it goes. Also I encourage you to save such smarta*s comments for your interview ;)

Other members: As entertaining as these smarta*s comments are... I am looking for some valid information. Please comment if you know.

I know someone who took 15 people to the oath ceremony. Just call the DO and ask for what is acceptable. The 15 people included the neighbors, sometimes you have to believe in people's experiences...:rolleyes: I intend to bring my rabbi to the oath ceremony when I become a citizen in 2017 as I don't see the need for it now...:eek: I enjoy my tax free status, which would be greatly affected by US passport... who wants to pay for medicare and all those fees...:(

I know they let other people (such as a family member) attend the oath ceremony. I was trying to figure out whether or not they are allowed in the building before its time for the oath. Because if they don't and if my family member has to wait outside for several hours, then why even bother.

Anyway, thanks for the info.

In Chicago, my father and my wife were allowed to enter the federal building the same time I was allowed to enter.

I know they let other people (such as a family member) attend the oath ceremony. I was trying to figure out whether or not they are allowed in the building before its time for the oath. Because if they don't and if my family member has to wait outside for several hours, then why even bother.

any idea about the oath ceremony in Houston? can one take dependent(13 years old) when one enters the bldg?