Family based I-130/I-485

Hi Tony28270. Your mail is very helpful for me. Do you have any idea I-130 case processing CSC. I am also a petitioner of I-130 case since April 22, 2202 and my timeframe has completed as 990 days. But I nither got any notice of Approval nor any cahnge in my case status online. Do you have any idea why it is happening. And do you think should I mail to USCIS about my cases ? Your advise will be appritaited.. And Kindly write down the link of Case problem with USCIS. as I am trying to find out it on USCIS website but I am unable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Faisalt. Now I am little bit clear your position. You are in US that's good. Well NBC is processing I-130 cases a little bit late. But don't you worry about. You will get EAD Card again and you can keep stay and work here. I suggest you to write down some latters to INS Officer as Tony28270 did and it is very incrouging to me as well. I think this is the way that we can adopt so let's try to this way. Also you have personly visited to INS office and they don't have much more information as they have sent it to Missouri. But I don't think so they wont have any information about your case. But I think it is best to write a couple of latters to INS officer specially some Immigration officer. Let's do it.

link to DHS Ombudsman

aliazmat76 said:
Hi Faisalt. Now I am little bit clear your position. You are in US that's good. Well NBC is processing I-130 cases a little bit late. But don't you worry about. You will get EAD Card again and you can keep stay and work here. I suggest you to write down some latters to INS Officer as Tony28270 did and it is very incrouging to me as well. I think this is the way that we can adopt so let's try to this way. Also you have personly visited to INS office and they don't have much more information as they have sent it to Missouri. But I don't think so they wont have any information about your case. But I think it is best to write a couple of latters to INS officer specially some Immigration officer. Let's do it.

Hey Aliazmat, Thanks bross...you've been great help. here is the link that you are looking for http://www.dhs.gov/dhspublic/interapp/editorial/editorial_0497.xml
I have already sent them a letter. Lets see what happens. It is just frustrating. I have e-filed my I-765 for renewal and never got the I-797 receipt. I spoke to 1800# and they said just use the print out version.
I did not realize that i have to go for fingerprint everytime apply for Work permit. So i made an appointment a month later. I have sent them a copy of my old EAD. Do you know other supporting docs that i need to send?
Thanks for the encouragment and good luck.

Thanks Tony...

tony28270 said:
Write the ombudsman regarding your case for the I-130 then write to the Director for NBC/MSC his name is Robert Cowan. This works please try it. I don't know what situiation is but I found out if your spouse my wife is here in the US on a K3 visa and for 2 years I was waiting to file an I-485 to adjust status because I thought I need the approval letter for the I-130 before I filed the I-485 for my wife. Well the immigration officer told me that I could have file an I-485 for my wife as soon as she came to the US, since she enter the US in a legal way. In other words I did not have to wait for the I-130 to get approval to file an I-485 for my wife. So we waited 2 years for nothing now I file the I-485 for my wife. We had to extend my wife K3 extension and renewal her EAD for addtional 2 years which was a pain in the but. (another $400 down the drain). The I-539 and the I-765 had to be file together for the I-765 to be renewed. NBC is all screwed up they will approved petition and no appoval notice will be sent out at times. My wife I-539 was approved on Jan 14, 2005 and I had to write several letters to the ombudsman and to the director of NBC and call the NCSC and speak to an immigration officer before my wife approval notice was mailed. The CSR didn't think the petition was approved because they could only see what I was seeing on the USCIS website and it said this case was recived on July 23, 2004 and it will take 90 to 180 days to process this case. If I never check on the status of this case I would have thought my case was never appoved. Please email me if you have any question at tony28270@netzero.net

Tony
Thanks Tony for all the help. I have already sent a letter to Ombudsman and probably in couple of weeks will send a letter to NBC Director. Lets see what happens. Good luck with your case.

Hi Tony28270,

tony28270 said:
Please write to NBC and address your concerns to the Director Robert Cowan "For the Personal Attention to the Dircetor" PO BOX 648003, Lee's Summit, MO 64064 and make sure address your letter to his as well as on the envelope. Please look at THE USCIS website on how to write to NBC regarding your case. The NSCS are a buch of dorks?

If you have any question please feel free on conatct me regarding any question from MSC/NBC. I have dealt with done for 8 weeks and I got everything resolved now.

Tony :)

The PO Box address for the Director Robert Cowan at NBC is listed as 'PO BOX 648005' on NBC's site. And not as 'PO BOX 648003'. Could u kindly confirm this ?

Thanks,
Arjun

tony28270 said:
If you write the Director of NBC the Envelope must state "FOR THE PERSONAL ATTENTION OF THE DIRECTOR, ROBERT COWAN" and on the letter explain to hime your problem address the letter to the same way as the envelope: http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/nbc/index.htm the address is NBC P.O. Box 648003 Lee's Summit, MO 64064. The P.O. Box 648003 is for case inquires. Here is the website and you can see where it said custumer feedback. http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/nbc/aboutus.htm#CustomerFeedback

Good Luck and I hope things work out for you. I wrote a letter to the Ombudsman. Then every 2 weeks for 6 weeks, I wrote a letter to The Director and then I got my I-130 approval notice from NBC.

Tony

Good to hear that atleast someone's case has been resolved.

My case is badly screwed. Applied for my wife's I-485 in Sep 2002 at NY City USCIS Office (after I became a US Citizen). Only got a small yellow receipt from NYC Office. No case number whatsoever till now for the I-485. I-130 got approved in Jun 2004.

Then in Jan 2004, I called up the USCIS 800# and was told that the case has been rejected (missing signature and incorrect fee) and USCIS had mailed a rejection notice letter in Feb 2004.

Till now I am struggling to get that I-485 Rejection Notice letter, inspite of writing to NBC and NYC Office hundreds of time since the last 1 year. Till now no response ;(

I am totally lost now...

Thanks,
Arjun

485 Approved

hi folks just want to share my time line with you all.married to a US citizen on the 12/12/03 file the I-130 on the 12/29/03 recieved receipt date on 1/6/04 recieved approval letter for the I-130 on 9/15/04 filed the 485/765/131 on the 10/14/04 recieved receipt on the 11/15/04 for the 485/765/131 finger print letter and interview letter for 3/16/05. my interview experience the interview was for 8:30 arrived at the worth street entrance at 8:00 am go through security to the 8th floor room 800 go to the clerk hand her my appointment letter she ask me to have a sit my name will call, at 9:00am my name was call we follow the interviewing officer to the glass door and she was a lady very very nice lady i wish every body going for interview meet this lady. she make us swear ask for original document photo copy medical we had all the document they ask for she said you all pretty all set let me ask question she ask my wife two question frist where did we frist met and second what work i use to do in my home country and she ask me what work my wife do i answer her she said the only thing i cannot stamp your passport i have not recieved your name check as long i recieve it i will write you to come and stamp you passport and that was it at 9:15 we was outside the building. Yesterday i check on the uscis websites and it saying on march 20 after approving this case we order you a new card.

approved

I got the magic mail yesterday saying on march 20 after approving your application we order you a new card. today it is sayingthis case has been approved. on march 23 an approval notice was mailed. I wish you all guy all the best those who was their before and after me to come i hope each and everyone get their approval very soon.

129f

I am a US citizen and I will be married May 14 to My Russian Fiance'. We plan at that time to file I130 as soon as possible. I believe my next step is 129f, is this true? Thanks for the help.

Hi djhornet. I read your mail and I found you should visit to INS website so by that you will have some clear vision of immigration process. If you are not marry to your fiance yet then you can file I-129f. Which is for Petition for Alien Fiance(e). So you can see when its visa available. But there is some restriction on that petition. You should read carefully. But if you married to your fiance then you can file I-130. As you are citizen so in your case your wife can get visa withing 10 months. I-130 Petition from citizen to their immidiate relatives always current. So whole this process can be done withing 10 months. So it is up to you whatever you want to do. Before marriege you can't file I-130. But you can file I-129f. for your fiance. Best of Luck

I have 1-130 petition approved by my father and i m in US on H1 visa. Also visa number is availble to me:

Do i need to send Affidavit of Support I-864, along with I-485 , medical , EAD to the Chicago?

Thanks

Thank you for your help, It is much appreciated. As you know, this is a cumbersome process i.e., You feel like you need to be a Lawyer. I think that that this bit of help really gives you an extra source of comfort that there will not be a mistake. That is what makes me feel at ease. Thanks again!!!!

I have I-485 at MSC, however timeline is not posted at NBC

:confused: My NA number for I-485 is MSC so where should I look for the timeline, at the local district office (boston), ot at NBC timeline? The NBC does not have timeline for I-485s?
Thank you in advance

eadeel said:
I have 1-130 petition approved by my father and i m in US on H1 visa. Also visa number is availble to me:

Do i need to send Affidavit of Support I-864, along with I-485 , medical , EAD to the Chicago?

Thanks
Hi!!! im inspired with your case because I am now waiting impatiently for my I--130 petition from my father and planing on filing for a working visa. Can i work in US while waiting for my I-130? I dont want to wait 4 more years for my family based petition. I would like to work there instead and start my own family. Please tell me how to go about it. And if ever my H-1 gets approved can i finally get married? :) Pls reply, my future is uncertain.

I filed I-130/I-485 September 12, 2003
Fingerprints 11/2003
EAD (most recent) 10/2004
Received letter to establish identity 2/26/05 (within 87days)
did fingerprints 4/15/05

Update from website 4/18/05 reads: "The interview scheduled for this cas has been cancelled. You will be notified if another one is scheduled"

WTF!!!

Has anyone had this experience?

manchu

Call USCIS and talk to an immigration officer and find out if they have your correct address. Did you received an interview letter. Sometimes not all AOS applicants have to go to an interview, USCIS may approve you without an interview now. I would definitely called USCIS and find out if that is the case for you. Please have an immigration officer verified your address if you never got an interview letter.

Tony

I called USCIS, and the immigration officer told me that she can't see the part about the interview, and that my file was still at the benefits center instead of New york.

I'm going to the New york Office next week tuesday, but I'm not sure of they will be able to tell me anything because when I was there in december they told me that the Benefits center need to send my file to them and that I should write. Circles, big circles!

I never could talk to a PERSON on 1-800 number. Finally, a lady picked up the phone and told me the same information on the website. How frustrated I am.

I submitted my case 6/2004 to Charlotte, NC, and RD is 7/26/04. Fingerprited on 8/6/04. Since then, nothing happened. I filed my name check inquiry to FBI 4/6/05, and heard nothing. So far, I don't know where my case is, in NBC or local office, why my case is stuck, and whether the name check has been passed.

Today, I just send a letter to Rober Cowan as Tony suggested. Hope it could work.

munachu said:
I called USCIS, and the immigration officer told me that she can't see the part about the interview, and that my file was still at the benefits center instead of New york.

I'm going to the New york Office next week tuesday, but I'm not sure of they will be able to tell me anything because when I was there in december they told me that the Benefits center need to send my file to them and that I should write. Circles, big circles!

munachu said:

I had the exact same experience. Filed I-130 and 485 at NYC local office in Jan 2004. Case was transferred to NBC. In December 2004, my status changed to reflect that the interview was cancelled. I had not gotten any interview notice in the first place.

I have been calling the customer center, visiting local office, seeking help of congressmen and writing to NBC frequently. Have not gotten any response yet. The only reasonable response I heard from an officer in NYC is that sometimes NBC schedules interviews but NYC does not have papers & all clearance required to process it, so it may have been cancelled. Asked that I remained patient.

Let's keep in touch so we can update if something turns up?

Question about I130

I am an American Citizen, I recently applied for my mother to become a resident. The Immigration Services sent my this letter:

"Your I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN was received on April 27, 2005. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 990 and 999 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete"

Someone know how long did it really take to get an approval for the I-130? I have to wait 2 years and 7 months to bring my mother here? Somebody know if another way to bring her early??

:confused:

Thanks