Family based I-130/I-485

I Mailed the I-485/I-130/I-765/I- 131 Applications to Newark, NJ office on 8/21/04. Received Notices from NBC on 8/30/04.

The notice for I-485 and I-765 both ask for calling the customer center for Biometrics and Finger Prints.

Do I need to setup 2 appointments or 1 ???

I think you only need one appointment for both.

Good luck.
SWaiting said:
I Mailed the I-485/I-130/I-765/I- 131 Applications to Newark, NJ office on 8/21/04. Received Notices from NBC on 8/30/04.

The notice for I-485 and I-765 both ask for calling the customer center for Biometrics and Finger Prints.

Do I need to setup 2 appointments or 1 ???

Applied for Adjustment Status + AP + EAD in Feb 04 in Cleveland. Received notices in March 04 from MSC. Nothing yet from MSC. Is it normal?

That is just horrible. I was hoping to get the AP for my mother in 3-4 months.
otherwise I will have no choice but to knock the door of the local office.

Guys,
how long does it take before you can see the status online for your cases. I got the receipts on 28th aug but still can't track them on the uscis website..

thanks for your help...

UPDATE : Was able to track the status after 10 days of getting the receipts.

Last edited by a moderator:
SWaiting said:
Guys,
how long does it take before you can see the status online for your cases. I got the receipts on 28th aug but still can't track them on the uscis website..

thanks for your help...

Actually USCIS first post in the website and then you will get the receipt. That means you should found your case as soon as you know the receipt number.

Good luck.

dip92,
that doesnt seem to be the case. None of the Newark people who sent the application to NBC via Newark have been able to see atleast for a week from receiving the receipts initially..

I was just trying to find out if other people had the same issue and how long it took them to see the case status.. ???

view case status online

My I-102 form didn't show up online until I got the receipt letters from the other forms (485/130/765) ten days later. Maybe you still have pending forms? Or it could be that some offices are slower to post than others?
good luck

Adanced Parole Advice

Can anyone tell me what would constitute "An explanation or other evidence demonstrating the circumstances that warrant issuance of Advance Parole." ?
I did not apply for AP when I filed my forms, but now think I should. I need to go back to Vancouver in November,and am sure my status will still be pending at that point. I'm not sure what warrants issuance of advance parole. Did other people apply with specific reasons why they needed AP or just so that they would have it if they needed it?
Thanks
PS. My brother is graduating, my grandmother is visiting from Australia and will meet my husband for the first time, and I would like to have a Vancouver wedding reception for all the relatives who could not come to New York.

I sent my I765 at the end of the last year, still pending. I call them, they told me the case transfer to NBC.

I-130 upgraded to USC

Hello,
I am confused by the postings here. Can someone help me?
I had filed I-130 at TSC on May 9, 2003 for my wife while I was a permanent resident.
I became a permanent resident in July, 2004 and had sent an application to upgrade the I-130 to that of a citizen. They sent me a letter asking me to submit I-538!!! (which is for students applying for employment). They also sent me a copy of I-797C with a stamp on it that says: 'Action Completed.
Approved for filing' - what does this mean?

Should I send a new I-130 to the Charlotte office? or to the NBC ?
I am unsure of what to do now. I see that people are getting responses from NBC fairly quickly.

Thank you,
Paul George

I am a US citizen and my wife is on a K-3 (spouse) visa. Her I-130 was recently approved.

We are currently living in the Netherlands on a temporary work assignment. We will be in the US for a few months before leaving again for the Netherlands. We plan to to return to the US permanently after the work assignment is over next year.

I am trying to figure out if I can apply for my wife's I-485 while we are temporarily in the US for a few months or do I need to have a "permanent" residence in the US?

I'll appreciate if someone could kindly give us some advise.

Best wishes!

processing date frustration!

Here's what I don't understand. Why do they bother updating the website every month if the processing dates for NBC are not going to change? Why? And to add insult to injury, the processing dates for Vermont are, I-130 for spouse is Aug 23 2004, and I-765 for those awaiting their I-485 is Aug 30 2004! I wish my forms could have gone there! I would have been done a month ago (theoretically).
Oh well, back to waiting...

Advice from 1 Americandesi to another

Hey Americandesi,

U can apply for the I-485 along with AP (I-131 Application for Travel). That way, you can travel back and forth while your application is in process.

All the best,
Rappu

I-131 got Approved

Don't care AP and did not expect to get approved any time soon. To my surprise, today I got two e-mails from USCIS saying my AP got approved on 9/25. This is only positive thing I have heard so far :rolleyes:

Here is the time line

Filed I-130/I-485 to Charlotte, NC on 9/4/2003,
Received Notices for both on 10/27/2003,

Filed AP and EAD to Charlotte, NC on 7/1/2004
Received Notices for both on 7/26/2004
AP approved on 9/25, online status is also updated.

Made an inquiry to my I485 through mail(8/15) and phone(7/15), heard nothing since.

Waiting for EAD and interview...

Puzzled said:
I called 1-800 number, after 30 mins wait, I finally got through and talked to a lady. She said she entered an enquiry to my case(I485) and I should receive something from INS within 30 days. I hope it's a good sign.

She also said both I130 and I485 should be adjusted at the same time, I hope it means that I don't have to wait my 1130 got approved in order to process I485.

my time line

I'm F1 married a USC. here is my timeline:
Filed 130/485/EAD on 9/1/2004 by mail to Charlston SC
received all 3 NOAs from MSC with RD of 9/3/2004 and ND of 9/14/2004
FP and Biometric at ASC at ChARLOTTE on 9/22/2004
485 updated on 9/24/2004 with "fingerprint reviewed and processing has resumed". but nothing was updated for EAD
waiting...

Q: anybody knows how long it normally takes to get EAD in mail after FP and Biometric? thanks. I need EAD to resume my work.

11/10/2004 Just got an email from MSC said my EAD is approved. yeah!!! hope i can receive it in mail in a week. :)

americandesi said:
I am a US citizen and my wife is on a K-3 (spouse) visa. Her I-130 was recently approved.

We are currently living in the Netherlands on a temporary work assignment. We will be in the US for a few months before leaving again for the Netherlands. We plan to to return to the US permanently after the work assignment is over next year.

I am trying to figure out if I can apply for my wife's I-485 while we are temporarily in the US for a few months or do I need to have a "permanent" residence in the US?

I'll appreciate if someone could kindly give us some advise.

Best wishes!
When a US Citizen is a resident of the foreign spouse's country, you have the option for direct consular processing via I-130 and you're issued an immigrant visa (IR 1 or CR 1 visa) in that country for use of entering the US within a certain time frame (I think about 6 months?) After entering the US the foreign spouse receives the Greencard at the couple's US address and therefore AOS, EAD etc. is no longer needed.

Maybe you can try and find out whether your approved I-130 leaves you the option of finishing your immigration paperwork in the Netherlands without having to go the long and time consuming AOS process in the States even though you had planned a different path so far.
http://www.usemb.nl/civpetam.htm

My timeline

Applied I130/I485/EAD/AP concurrently at Houston office - 9/2/2004
RD for I130/I485/EAD/AP from NBC - 9/7/2004
FP for EAD - 9/18
FP for I485 - 10/23 (scheduled) - this was delayed since I forgot to send the finger print fee initially. Sent the fee in and scheduled the new appointment
......now in wait mode.

Looking at some of the posts in this thread, my EAD/AP should be arriving in a couple of months.

I-130/I-485 for my mother

I sent her forms on Sept. 21, 2004.
RD: 9/21/04
ND: 9/28/04
They've sent a letter asking us to schedule a date/time for finger-printing appointment. I'll call the 1-800 number on Monday!

Cheers,
Rappu :D

tinkerman said:
Applied I130/I485/EAD/AP concurrently at Houston office - 9/2/2004
RD for I130/I485/EAD/AP from NBC - 9/7/2004
FP for EAD - 9/18
FP for I485 - 10/23 (scheduled) - this was delayed since I forgot to send the finger print fee initially. Sent the fee in and scheduled the new appointment
......now in wait mode.

Looking at some of the posts in this thread, my EAD/AP should be arriving in a couple of months.

I went to the NW Houston ASC this morning and had my FP done for my I485. It took about 20 minutes. They had given me an appointment of 10/23 on the 1-800 number, but I decided to try a walk-in. There were only two other applicants at the ASC. If you have the time, I would suggest you try a walk-in for the FP, that way it will be done much earlier than doing it through an appointment.