family based green card for siblings - please help

cpmtl

Registered Users (C)
Hi, I have following questions about I-130 for siblings, appreciate if people with knowledge/personal experience can clarify/answer them.

1.I want to file I-130 form for my married brother and sisters, my understanding is that I will only file for my sibling and they will inturn include their spouses and childeren at the time of approval? or interview?

2.I understand that their childeren age should be 21 yrs or under, should this age be at the time of me submitting I-130 form or at the time of my sibling applying(including them in application?), or at the time of landing?
3.After 5 months process of I-130, what is next? how many years of wait time we currently have? is it country dependent? my country of origin is Pakistan

Sibling petitions is filed for married/unmarried siblings and their families are included, if they have more kids in the meantime they are waiting they can be added later. Information for their families are entered on the page 2 of I-130 that you will file.
Children should be under 21 at the time of Interview and arrival in US. Its taking about 10-12 years for the complete process nowadays. It is based on country of birth.

Country of origin does not matter, country of birth does. Assuming your siblings were all born in Pakistan, they are looking at 12-14 years of wait now.

3.After 5 months process of I-130, what is next? how many years of wait time we currently have? is it country dependent? my country of origin is Pakistan

Thank you everyone for responding and provide information. One more question though is about the proof of relationship documents. The form instruction says birth certificate is needed, as birth certificate were not common few dacades ago in pakistan what is the alternative? Can anyone give insight? Once again appreciate the responses.

Let me add one more question;

1. At what point will your relative(sibling) will have to file the application(I-485?) and pay visa fees for all family members? is it after 5 months process of I-130 form or at the time of visa availability a decade later?. I know I-130 filing fees is $355/petition. what is the visa fee? $400/person?

The I-485 fee (if they are inside the US legally) or the immigrant visa fee (if they're outside the US) is only to be paid when there is visa availability, some 10+ years later.

The I-485 fee (if they are inside the US legally) or the immigrant visa fee (if they're outside the US) is only to be paid when there is visa availability, some 10+ years later.

So no expense (to the best of your knowledge)other than the petition fee of $355 currently and in near future?

That is correct my friend. The current wait time is 9.5 years for siblings. In most cases you will have your approval in 4 to 5 years from the date of filing. After that you will wait for the visa number to be issued which is around 4 years. For birth certificates. KMC in Karachi, Pakistan (Health Department) will issue them a certificate which clearly will state "No Entry" and "No Record". They will need to contact the Municipal Corporation of their respective city. You can use that and also get mark sheets or school/college degrees showing your parents name and matching last names of siblings. You do not need services of any attorney, its plain and simple. For starters, get all your siblings names, spouses names and their kids names and go from there.
Its no big deal, if they (USCIS) need more, they will ask for more.

Much Luck!

My mother lives in Karachi and the birth city is Sargodha, i really doubt there are records available, should we get "no Entry" and "No records" erficiate from KMC or from Sargodha?

Its been long time she moved out from Sargodha.

where ever you can get it from as long as you can get it. USCIS accepted my KMC certificate. I would think Sargodha would be a better bet.