F4 category, children aged out but eligible by CSPA - no option to pay fees on CEAC

hello, I filled i-130 for my sister with one chidren. But nephew dob in petition is wrong but now his case become current and i submitted all documents with correct age when i fill d-260 form? Is this led to denial of my application?

It wont result in denial as far as you can prove with documents that there was a mistake while filling the petition.

Does fast approval F4 petition get serve fast or it is based on priority date?
Because person having same priority date got 2-3 years apart petition approval. How it is evaluated ?

Last edited:
Hello , I wanted to ask a question about cspa in f4 category. When we first applied for f4 category I was 13 years old , now after 15+ years we are finally current but now im 28 and ceac website said USPA is not eligible for me, but the problem is I waited for than 15 years and they are only removing 2 moths from my age which is weird and unacceptable .I tried to add myself multiple times , they did not let me. Now for the 3rd time I tried and also messaged (Asknvc) about how much I wait and please add me to the case, they are now allowing me to add myself in ceac and pay my fees but they are still tellling me that I may not get my visa. Is this normal? Did this ever happened to anyone and got accepted?
-my birthdate :15june1995
-priority date: 11feb2008
-approval date: 08april2008
-visa bulletin current date:01june2023

Does fast approval F4 petition get serve fast or it is based on priority date?
Because person having same priority date got 2-3 years apart petition approval. How it is evaluated ?
No . fast approval actually is bad, for example me, I have been waiting for more than 15 years but there is only 2 months between my priority date and approval date so thats why they are only removing 2 mothns from my age. Which is very weird,

No . fast approval actually is bad, for example me, I have been waiting for more than 15 years but there is only 2 months between my priority date and approval date so thats why they are only removing 2 mothns from my age. Which is very weird,
Yes, for CSPA purposes, the longer the I-130 takes to approve, the better. Are you sure the I-130 was approved in 2 months? (Are you sure it was an approval notice, and not a receipt notice?)

Yes, for CSPA purposes, the longer the I-130 takes to approve, the better. Are you sure the I-130 was approved in 2 months? (Are you sure it was an approval notice, and not a receipt notice?)
Hello sir , thank you for answering. I actually didnt know my approval date at all , when I was trying to calculate I learned that I need that, then I asked in (asknvc) they told me my approval date is :08april2008,
When we first applied for f4 category I was 13 years old , now after 15+ years we are finally current but now im 28 years old and ceac website said cspa is not eligible for me, but the problem is I waited for more than 15 years and they are only removing 2 moths from my age which is weird and unacceptable .I tried to add myself multiple times , they did not let me. Now for the 3rd time I tried and also messaged (Asknvc) about how much I wait and please add me to the case, they are now allowing me to add myself in ceac and pay my fees but they are still tellling me that I may not get my visa. Is this normal? Did this ever happened to anyone and got accepted?

Attachments

• 7E9E3A22-6146-4FE0-9788-2BE6C744A796.jpeg
    7E9E3A22-6146-4FE0-9788-2BE6C744A796.jpeg
    351.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Hello sir , thank you for answering. I actually didnt know my approval date at all , when I was trying to calculate I learned that I need that, then I asked in (asknvc) they told me my approval date is :08april2008,
When we first applied for f4 category I was 13 years old , now after 15+ years we are finally current but now im 28 years old and ceac website said cspa is not eligible for me, but the problem is I waited for more than 15 years and they are only removing 2 moths from my age which is weird and unacceptable .I tried to add myself multiple times , they did not let me. Now for the 3rd time I tried and also messaged (Asknvc) about how much I wait and please add me to the case, they are now allowing me to add myself in ceac and pay my fees but they are still tellling me that I may not get my visa. Is this normal? Did this ever happened to anyone and got accepted?
Unfortunately, it does not matter whether you've been waiting for 15+ years or not. If the priority date and the approval dates you listed above are correct, then it makes sense that only two months got deducted from your age in determining your CSPA age. There's only two months between Feb.2008 (priority date) and Apr.2008 (approval date). Because the approval date is within two months of the filing (priority date), you unfortunately did not have more than two months protection. So yes, you've aged out.

Unfortunately, it does not matter whether you've been waiting for 15+ years or not. If the priority date and the approval dates you listed above are correct, then it makes sense that only two months got deducted from your age in determining your CSPA age. There's only two months between Feb.2008 (priority date) and Apr.2008 (approval date). Because the approval date is within two months of the filing (priority date), you unfortunately did not have more than two months protection. So yes, you've aged out.
Then why they are (now) letting me add myself to the case and pay my visa fee? They were not letting me but after I messaged asknvc about my case they are letting me now

Then why they are (now) letting me add myself to the case and pay my visa fee? They were not letting me but after I messaged asknvc about my case they are letting me now
They’re letting you add yourself and make the applicable payment because you’ve been insisting on it according to your own post. Even though they’re letting you add yourself, they’re also making it clear it does not guarantee you’ll be getting an IV as a derivative since you’ve aged out. So if you want to spend your money only to be informed at the end of the interview you’ve already aged out, they’re not stopping you from doing so.

They’re letting you add yourself and make the applicable payment because you’ve been insisting on it according to your own post. Even though they’re letting you add yourself, they’re also making it clear it does not guarantee you’ll be getting an IV as a derivative since you’ve aged out. So if you want to spend your money only to be informed at the end of the interview you’ve already aged out, they’re not stopping you from doing so.
I really dont know what to do .. if I pay the fee and in interview they say not eligible , will they pay my money back or not? And also dont you think that there must be a mistake about my approval date?

I really dont know what to do .. if I pay the fee and in interview they say not eligible , will they pay my money back or not? And also dont you think that there must be a mistake about my approval date?
The payment is non refundable. How am I supposed to know or think there’s a mistake with your approval date? I can only go by the information you’ve provided.

The payment is non refundable. How am I supposed to know or think there’s a mistake with your approval date? I can only go by the information you’ve provided.
I mean yes asknvc told me that my approval date is 08april2008 and priority date:11feb2008.
But isnt this look wrong? Only two months between them while other peoples are years. What will 2 months do to my age? They already know that when we first applied i was 13, after 15 years im 28.. so at least there should be like 8 years between my priority date and approval date so I can be eligible. Or I should have been 5 years old when we first applied. This CSPA thing looks so wrong and nobody is talking about this issue.

I mean yes asknvc told me that my approval date is 08april2008 and priority date:11feb2008.
But isnt this look wrong? Only two months between them while other peoples are years. What will 2 months do to my age? They already know that when we first applied i was 13, after 15 years im 28.. so at least there should be like 8 years between my priority date and approval date so I can be eligible. Or I should have been 5 years old when we first applied. This CSPA thing looks so wrong and nobody is talking about this issue.
What they know (or do not know about your age) when the petition was filed is irrelevant, so your age as at the time the petition was filed has no bearing on how early or how long it took for it to be approved, you need to understand that. The petition was not for you. Your aunty or uncle petitioned your father or your mother, (I don’t know who), you just happened to be the child of the person that was petitioned and could have potentially benefited from the filed petition if you still met the age requirement which it seems you no longer meet. So whether you were 1, 5, 8, or 15 is irrelevant to how long they take in approving the petition.

And you should be talking to whoever filed the petition, they should have the approval notice which will confirm when the petition was approved, as against you wanting us to confirm in this forum if the information the NVC provided you with about the approval date is wrong or not.

The CSPA does not look wrong. And it is not true that nobody is talking about what you think is an issue. You simply do not seem to comprehend the immigration process and it’s underlying nuances.

Thank you for your answer sir, one last thing, what if I pay the fees, and go to interview, and also mention my other cases like am also a DV2021 winner but could’nt get my visa due to muslim ban and covid bans, im in a ligitation right now for dv2021 called (goodluckvsbiden) and i also got conditionally approved as a refugee by uscis 5 months ago (still in process) , if I mention these will these help my situation?

Hello! I would just like to ask for a help regarding our case. We first got the NVC interview appointment letter on January 1st 2024, all of our names were listed there, then checked the CEAC tracker on January 2nd and saw the attached photo below. We are under F3 visa, the principal applicant & 4 derivatives. Why is it only showing two number case? Shouldn’t it be 5 on that list? I don’t know how to really interpret this tracker, so if somebody here knows, I need a help in understanding this. Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_3839.jpeg
    IMG_3839.jpeg
    190.5 KB · Views: 11