F3 Moved 6 weeks (Sep 2005)

Yes that's great after a few years of slow paced it finally started to look good .The big question is if it will keep going like that for the future months.What's your Priority date?

F3 moved another 4 weeks this month

It has been a while. So when can we expect to receive consulate notice before our date becomes current? It has been a wait of over SEVEN years!

great guru said:
After very long time F3 category moved 6 weeks for India. :)

Our Priority date has to be current for a few months maybe two then we will hear from consulate about our iterview.I would say it normally would be close to eight years before we finally have that visa.

Our PDs are still four months away but we have to prepare for the paperwork now.

This is mainly for my brother who is still outside US. I got thru. my employment based a few years back... Now we must get him in then we can look after our elderly parents altogether.

Just stay in touch.... Good luck!

sindra said:
Our Priority date has to be current for a few months maybe two then we will hear from consulate about our iterview.I would say it normally would be close to eight years before we finally have that visa.

John Doe do you think they will cover at least five more months for this fiscal year I do know it is hard to predict but I can hope.What do you think?Care to share your PD.Mine is 8 sept,98.

Our PD was around Aug. 15th, 1998. I expect the processing should be quite steady from now on.

Here is the reason, I know other FB-4 cases came through in 1995 after a ten year wait. Now another family friend got her FB-4 last week after 12-year wait. So I assume FB-3 and FB-4 processing should be steady. After all, FB-3 needs a wait of 7+ years.

I also saw retrogression in employment based cases, which I believe no country is allowed to take more than 14% of the current year EB quota. So the work force must be re-allocated somehow.

Good luck.

sindra said:
John Doe do you think they will cover at least five more months for this fiscal year I do know it is hard to predict but I can hope.What do you think?Care to share your PD.Mine is 8 sept,98.

Hi John Doe, You have a sixteen week wait to go,good at least you are before my PD so roughly you have four months more for your brother.Why I was not too sure about how F3 would move in the future month,you see a lot of people are getting their citizenship and their beneficieries are getting married and upgrade their petition many times they even have kids so there goes the F3 visas.Well once they upgrade their petition then their case becomes current and we get left behind.Let's see what will happen.I can only hope they move the same pace.

Sindy:

How did u come up with this sixteen-week calculation :eek: ? My brother has been waiting for over 7 years!

Just spoke with my Chinese and Indian colleagues. The employment based PD retrogression IS due to high % of Indian and Chinese applicants. No single country is allowed to use over 14% of annual total quota (70k). So the INS labor should be freed out and re-allocated elsewhere. Hopefully, FB can get processed faster.

Good luck!

sindra said:
Hi John Doe, You have a sixteen week wait to go,good at least you are before my PD so roughly you have four months more for your brother.Why I was not too sure about how F3 would move in the future month,you see a lot of people are getting their citizenship and their beneficieries are getting married and upgrade their petition many times they even have kids so there goes the F3 visas.Well once they upgrade their petition then their case becomes current and we get left behind.Let's see what will happen.I can only hope they move the same pace.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was'nt saying about the amount of time finnish waiting I was saying the amount of waiting time remains.My family also have been waiting over seven years but with this short amount of waiting time that left it could take months going on to a year for us to get through so every bulletin that comes out with an advancement of three weeks and above that is good news to us.
Employee based I don't know much about that but I do feel the dissapointment of a lot of people on this board but they did had a better opportunity to migrate before family based ctegories but now it's gone we are all in the same boat.