f1 visa with drawn at the port of entry

rajkapoor116

Registered Users (C)
Hellow friends,
My name is raj. i am doing my PhD AT USC in csce dept.
my f1 visa expired on july 17th 2006, i came to india during December 2006 and went for renewal of my visa. On december 28th 2006, i got 221g case and i emailed them everything and got my f1 visa on february 23rd 2007.
Due to health problems i did not go in the middle of the semester and i took a break for summer and i went on september 9th 2007.
at the port of entry i was asked are you a returning student i said yes, then after taking my finger print i was asked did u have a problem in december i said i got 221g case, he again what problem did u have in december 2006, then he asked me are you arrested i said yes, when i was about to explain he said do not lie, go to the other officer.

the other officer asked me what happened in december 2006, i said i was arrested for a battery case (it happened with my wife and i was released on the same day itself, my wife only released me), i told him my wife is a GREEN CARD HOLDER and he asked me when did she got it i told him she got it from India itself.

"when i filled the visa application i filled it out as i am single and also i was not arrested at all."
question 17: i was single
question 30: i was not arrested

then one lady officer asked me when did u get married i told her that we are married in january 2005 in usa and we are married again in india i.e. january 2007 so only i went to india.

she asked me why didn't u fill that you are married i said, since we are not living together and we are not married according to our home tradition in india so only i filled it as single, she asked me why did u fill that you are not arrested, i told her that on that itself i asked the police officer and told him that i am going to renew my visa in india, will it affect it, he told me that it is a domestic violence in family so do not worry, hence i did not fill it up i said.
but she said you are lieing to the US government, and gave me two options:
you should withdraw your f1 application and apply it again with waiver or else you should come to us for next 5 years.

one police officer told me that take withdraw application as you apply it again.

now i am back in india today itself.

please help me as how to approach the us counsellate officer in chennai, AND TELL HIM MY PROBLEM.
he will ask me why didn't u fill that you are married and you are arrested?
can anyone suggest me how to answer so that he can get convinced as i am planning to go to chennai within next two weeks since my school has already started.

thanking you,
raj.

Hellow friends,
My name is raj. i am doing my PhD AT USC in csce dept.
my f1 visa expired on july 17th 2006, i came to india during December 2006 and went for renewal of my visa. On december 28th 2006, i got 221g case and i emailed them everything and got my f1 visa on february 23rd 2007.
Due to health problems i did not go in the middle of the semester and i took a break for summer and i went on september 9th 2007.
at the port of entry i was asked are you a returning student i said yes, then after taking my finger print i was asked did u have a problem in december i said i got 221g case, he again what problem did u have in december 2006, then he asked me are you arrested i said yes, when i was about to explain he said do not lie, go to the other officer.

the other officer asked me what happened in december 2006, i said i was arrested for a battery case (it happened with my wife and i was released on the same day itself, my wife only released me), i told him my wife is a GREEN CARD HOLDER and he asked me when did she got it i told him she got it from India itself.

"when i filled the visa application i filled it out as i am single and also i was not arrested at all."
question 17: i was single
question 30: i was not arrested

then one lady officer asked me when did u get married i told her that we are married in january 2005 in usa and we are married again in india i.e. january 2007 so only i went to india.

she asked me why didn't u fill that you are married i said, since we are not living together and we are not married according to our home tradition in india so only i filled it as single, she asked me why did u fill that you are not arrested, i told her that on that itself i asked the police officer and told him that i am going to renew my visa in india, will it affect it, he told me that it is a domestic violence in family so do not worry, hence i did not fill it up i said.
but she said you are lieing to the US government, and gave me two options:
you should withdraw your f1 application and apply it again with waiver or else you should come to us for next 5 years.

one police officer told me that take withdraw application as you apply it again.

now i am back in india today itself.

please help me as how to approach the us counsellate officer in chennai, AND TELL HIM MY PROBLEM.
he will ask me why didn't u fill that you are married and you are arrested?
can anyone suggest me how to answer so that he can get convinced as i am planning to go to chennai within next two weeks since my school has already started.

thanking you,
raj.

Raj,
Since you were legally married in 2005 itself, by not mentioning that in your visa application, you did commit perjury. Regardless of that fact that you both were not living together, and a religious ceremony never took place, in the eyes of civil law, you were married. The same logic applies with your arrest. You were arrested and then your wife bailed you out. Even if the arresting officer "thought" your arrest is "something not to worry about", you still had to mention it on your visa application. During your next visa interview, be honest verbally and in writting. Good luck!!!

hi

hi ghori,
thank you very much for your advice.
can you please help me out by the way i should talk to the visa officer.
now he or she will ask me what happened?
i will say i had been issued visa in february after my 221g case and due to health problems i could not go immediately, now i went in september and i had a problem at the port of entry.
Actually i was arrested on a battery case and i was released on the same day itself and i will show the documents but the cops told me it is not a major one so i did not mention in the visa application.
coming to my marriage i was married in usa on jan 2005 but we were not living together at all, we got married in india during january 2007 according to our country tradition and hence i did not mention abut the marriage also, actually now i am not sure during filling the application until the officers told me at the port of entry.
now i am filling it everything with all the details.
what should i write in an written statement?

is there any thing else should i mention the visa officer?
please let me know.

thanks,
raj.

Raj,
Since you were legally married in 2005 itself, by not mentioning that in your visa application, you did commit perjury. Regardless of that fact that you both were not living together, and a religious ceremony never took place, in the eyes of civil law, you were married. The same logic applies with your arrest. You were arrested and then your wife bailed you out. Even if the arresting officer "thought" your arrest is "something not to worry about", you still had to mention it on your visa application. During your next visa interview, be honest verbally and in writting. Good luck!!!
http://www.vex.net/~skg/

help

hi friend,
thanks for your suggestion and replies.

what do you mean by "never volunteer information"

i will speak the truth, actually i filled it without asking anyone.

the arrest took place on december 19th and my application was submiited online on 22nd december but it filled it in november itself and did not change at all, that is the reason, i did a mistake and i need help from you like how to approach the officer in chennai.

first she will ask me" what had happened?"
i should tell her from beginning and what had happened?
should i tell her that i filled it unintentionally without knowing it, i will tell her the truth.
any suggestions suggested.

thanks,
raj.

Suppose an applicant has a brother and a sister living in the US. The applicant lists the address of his brother on his/her I-94. Upon arrival, the officer at the POE asks the applicant:-
POE officer: Whose address is this on your I-94?
Applicant: My brother's
POE officer: Your brother lives in San Diego
Applicant (Option#1): Yes
Applicant (Option#2): Yes, I also have a sister who lives El Paso

Now both answers are fine. Option#1 truthfully answers the officer's question. Option#2 does the same but provides additional information about the applicant's sister, who was never queried by the officer. The applicant has just volunteered information.

what do you mean by "never volunteer information"

wow. ur case is very bad. lying is the worse. however the same thing applied to me. i was asked whether i was arresed 'i said yes' and in the application i said 'no'. the reason being in the same line it asked 'have u ever procured prostitution or procurer of that. and in the same line it asked have u ever been pardoned. i didn't know whether i shoudl say yes since yes would mean yes to everything. so i said no. and while officer was interviewing me...i asked since i was arrested should i say yes...he said ofcourse. and gave me back the application and i cancelled no and ticked yes. thank god. well hopefully everything went well. also i didn't fill the application myself at all. my dad's secretary filled it for me. she probably didn't even know what to put since she didn't know abou my arrest