F1 Visa to TN1. Is this possible?

FASAD01

Registered Users (C)
Hi

I am a Canadian currently staying in California and will be taking admission into an MBA program for 2 years starting this Aug'09. I know I would need to file for a student visa (F1) for admissions however I would like to know if I were to find a job in the mean time before starting school or after, can I apply for TN1?

Can I be under both F1 and TN1 at the same? or are there any restrictions under F1? (although TN is for professionals, I would qualify under "Accountant")

I would really appreciate it if someone can help me out with this issue.

Regards,

You could not stay under F1 while working, you are allowed only one status at a time. However you can go to school under TN.

What you need to watch for is the tuition rate you might apy under TN or F1. TNs do not get residential rates in california.

For your clarification, I am currently not working and with the economic situation, I doubt I can find something soon, that's why I have decided with the MBA. I know I need to get F1, however can I in the future switch from F1 to TN1(if I get a job) so that I can work and continue the MBA?

The university that I will be doing MBA from has one tuition rate for both domestic and intl, but thanks for letting me know!

What do you think the statement "However you can go to school under TN." means?

You have F1, you find ajob, switch to TN and keep going to school as well.