F1 visa for canadian citizen

nancyliu

Registered Users (C)
If I start my graduate school next fall, is it easy to get the approval for a F1 visa. I don't have any financial aid and will pay all the expenses by myself.

Thanks.

Do you mean that it is very easy for a canadian citizen to get F1 visa even if he/she has to pay everything by him/herself?

If anything, that would make it easier - assuming you can demonstrate the financial ability to do so. Besides, there's no visa needed - just show up at the border with your I-20.

What does Pi mean?

I take it from that answer that you are not seeking a graduate degree in Mathematics.

I have been on TN visa for 3 years. I am applying for a graduate program in CS just in case I am laid off. Do you think my history of TN visa will have a bad effect on my entry as a F1 student?
Does the school ranking matter? Thanks.

Obviously, i am not a math major, LOL.

If anything, that would make it easier - assuming you can demonstrate the financial ability to do so. Besides, there's no visa needed - just show up at the border with your I-20.

I take it from that answer that you are not seeking a graduate degree in Mathematics.

No. Neither TN nor F1 are immigrant statuses, so they do not impact on each other.

You can only have one status at a time, of course, so be careful not switching to F1 while still working on TN.