F1 To H1b

spacetraveller

Hi,

I have been approved with H1B visa for FY 2007 under the general quota. I am a Masters canditate and was planning to graduate in August 2006 and then join the job after October 1st. Now, If I extend my graduation date from August 2006 to December 2006, will that affect my already approved H1B?

Thanks,
st

Your status will become H1 on Oct, and no longer on F1 after Oct.
You can go to school even on H1, but you MUST be paid by employer during on H1 status.

Hello Guys !

I am a new member to this forum ,I am on my F1 in us right now,I have applied for H1 B regular quota .Though I used the premium processing ,my receipt number came very late ( 14 days from june 26 ) ,as my application reached on June 26 morning ,the closing date .Its already a month now and I did not get any feed back till now .All my checks have been cashed ,when my attorney send them mail ,they replied "this case is under review ".Guys let me know if body in same situation or any body who has more update on cases filed on 26 .I will appreciate help ......

Thanks guys
Nazim

Need Help

Hello Guys !

I am a new member to this forum ,I am on my F1 in us right now,I have applied for H1 B regular quota .Though I used the premium processing ,my receipt number came very late ( 14 days from june 26 ) ,as my application reached on June 26 morning ,the closing date .Its already a month now and I did not get any feed back till now .All my checks have been cashed ,when my attorney send them mail ,they replied "this case is under review ".Guys let me know if body in same situation or any body who has more update on cases filed on 26 .I will appreciate help ......

Thanks guys
Nazim

Hi ,

FIrst of all, I am sorry to email you personally. I was not able to find a place where I can post a message, but this is a reall urgent question. If you can forward this message to someone in the forum that would be great.

Coming to the question, One of my friends applied for a H1B Premium processing from F1. But, when he got a query stating that he is currently out of status from the last 1 year, he was shocked to find out that he got a Unsatisfied grade in his thesis work last year, but the international center hasn't mentioned anything about his out of status condition. He is trying to contact the international center , but they are very slow in responding. Did anyone face this situation earlier.. Can anyone suggest me what he shouhld do now..

Can he register for Kaplan training and get a new I-20 from them to re-instate his F1 status. Or is there any other suggestion that he could go for...

Please help us with some suggestion if you can..any help would be greatly appreciated..

Thank you,

Uday