F1 Reinstatement...

psilva00

Registered Users (C)
I stopped going to school a year ago because I had a pending green card process. It looks like it won't be approved. I just wanna know if I can apply for F1 reinstatement and what my chances are. Help me out guys, please. :confused:

man, i dunno. ur situation is kind of complicated. You can apply for reinstament but u have to demonstrate why u have been out of status for a year and the the circumstances that led to you being out of status for more than 5 months were beyond your control and that u filed for reinstatement immediately u could. u are not allowed to file for reinstatement if u have been out of status for 5 months except if u can prove this. but i think it asks on the reinstatment form if an immigrant petition has been filed for u, but I am not sure. go to uscis.gov and look for form 1-539. I would advise u to just get married to a u.s. citizen. that's the easiest and surest way to get out of immigration issues

she/he hasn't been out of status, if she/he applied for AOS. The OP has to prove non-immigrant intent, however, and that will be difficult.