• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

F1 doing cp

kamye1

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am a dv2009 winner with cn EU2***
I am in the US under a F1 visa, always in good status. I chose CP, in Paris because it's more convenient and seems faster and easier, and i can fly home see family at the same time. It looks like i will have an interview in October so i decided to skip the fall semester and just go to France for the interview.
I have all the documents and i hope the interview will be fine but i was wondering if anybody knows what happens if the GC is denied during the interview and i missed a semester at school, can i still come back with my F1 visa to resume the studies in the winter term or not?
If not,what are the possibilities to be able to enter the US again?

Did anybody had ever a unsuccessfull CP interview with F1 visa?

Thanks for your help.

Yes, your F1 will be canceled before the interview, and its very unlikely that you would be issued a new one since you have now immigrant intent. However, GC is unlikely to be denied except for good cause like fraud or criminal background. CP is actually much safer than AOS. USCIS has much wider authority to deny applications since AOS is "discretionary". CP is not.

Thanks for the responses. I hope the interview will go well. I have all documents, plus bank statement above poverty guideline and affidavit of support from USC so it should be fine.
It's just stressfull so thanks for the help.
good luck to everybody

When did you changed from AOS to CP I did like 5 weeks ago and they still did not update my file at KCC.I`m also on F1 Visa my number it`s Euxxxx2xxx but probably the interview will be later than october..

I changed it during May, almost right after sending the first set of forms.
I called them, resend a new dsp122 with the changes.
It took a while before they updated it. I finally called by the end of june and they told me it was updated.
We have around the same CN, i hope they will do the necessary changes and that you will be able to have an interview in October.
When did you call them?

I called them yesterday they told me that they need a few more days..to update,did you find out your interview date or not yet...