F1 and F2 RELATED HELP and CANADA.

Bobby11

Registered Users (C)
Dear all:

I am doing PhD with F1 visa status (have approval notice, not stamp in passport) and my wife is having OPT (F1 expired, OPT expiring in Sept '05). We have got immigration visa for Canada and have to go there before February'05 to get greencard there.

My parents are US Citizen and they have applied for US immigration for me and my wife in Sept' 03.

I have couple of questions and appreciate your help:

1. Do I require to get F1 stamp to come back to USA or I can come back with my I-94 and approval notice? I am staying in Canada for one week and my I-20 is upto 2009.

2. My wife does not have job and her visa has expired. Can she come back with her OPT card? Or I need to apply for her F2 Visa along with my F1?

3. Will applying for either my F1 or her F2 will be affected by the thing that my parents have applied for our permanent immigration?

4. Is stamping process easy in Toronto Consulate now?

Thanks,
Bobby.

Bobby11 said:
Dear all:

I am doing PhD with F1 visa status (have approval notice, not stamp in passport) and my wife is having OPT (F1 expired, OPT expiring in Sept '05). We have got immigration visa for Canada and have to go there before February'05 to get greencard there.

My parents are US Citizen and they have applied for US immigration for me and my wife in Sept' 03.

I have couple of questions and appreciate your help:

1. Do I require to get F1 stamp to come back to USA or I can come back with my I-94 and approval notice? I am staying in Canada for one week and my I-20 is upto 2009. YES
2. My wife does not have job and her visa has expired. Can she come back with her OPT card? Or I need to apply for her F2 Visa along with my F1? Risky situation to go out of USA

3. Will applying for either my F1 or her F2 will be affected by the thing that my parents have applied for our permanent immigration?
Not at all. Due to this I 130 filing through your parents, your F1 visa stamping may be denied. (FYI - Greencard through your parents may take 9 to 10 Years)
4. Is stamping process easy in Toronto Consulate now? YES. But your immigrant intend may spoil your F1 stamping
Thanks,
Bobby.

F1 and F2 Visa and visiting Canada

Hi GreatGuru,

Thanks a lot for your help. For your suggestion that I required F1 stamping in Canada:
Does 30 day revalidation period does not apply in my case?