F-1 Changing Status to GC

newuser3854

Dear gurus,
:)
Could you please let me know whether there are any issues with F-1 student switching to green card (i.e. submitting I-485 with H1-B labor certified applicant as a spouse)? Are there any problems with international travel for an F-1 holder while change to GC status is pending (since there should be no immigration intent in F-1 status)?

Thank you.

newuser3854 said:
Dear gurus,
Could you please let me know whether there are any issues with F-1 student switching to green card (i.e. submitting I-485 with H1-B labor certified applicant as a spouse)? Are there any problems with international travel for an F-1 holder while change to GC status is pending (since there should be no immigration intent in F-1 status)?

No problem. WHile your I 485 is under process, you should consult your attorney before leave US or Apply for AP.
Thank you.

newuser3854 said:
Dear gurus,

Thank you.

Once your spouse file the petition on your behalf, you would be in AOS (Adjustment of Staus). Along with I-485, you can file the Work Permit, and Advance Parole. Work permit allows you to work fulltime, whereas Advance Parole lets you in-and-out of country without any problem. You don't need to change your status to H4, you can still stay in F1 and file for AOS.