F-1 » H-1B - But passport expiring soon

alex2d2

Registered Users (C)
I am in a weird but worrying situation:

I am currently an F-1 and going to apply for my H-1B soon. My problem is that my passport expires soon (November 2007) and I am REALLY worried if that is going to affect my application. I know that would not be a problem for most, but my stupid country's passport requirements are such that I cannot renew my passport for more than a year unless I have the "national id card", which I don't and in any case it would take 4-6 weeks for me to get it. (Which would mean risking the filing to be closed!)

So what are my options, I am about to go see my company's lawyer soon and I just wanted to know if this fact is going to have negative affects on my application.

There will not be any problem with your PP. While going for visa stamping to your coutry after Oct 1, 2007, you should make sure your pp is valid atleast a year.

I am in a weird but worrying situation:

I am currently an F-1 and going to apply for my H-1B soon. My problem is that my passport expires soon (November 2007) and I am REALLY worried if that is going to affect my application. I know that would not be a problem for most, but my stupid country's passport requirements are such that I cannot renew my passport for more than a year unless I have the "national id card", which I don't and in any case it would take 4-6 weeks for me to get it. (Which would mean risking the filing to be closed!)

So what are my options, I am about to go see my company's lawyer soon and I just wanted to know if this fact is going to have negative affects on my application.