Extra Copies

rnjum

Registered Users (C)
when bringing original documents to the interview (whether requested by CIS or not), do you suggest we bring originals plus extra copies for officer to keep or will they make copies there and return originals to us?

I did that - took extra copies + originals to my interview (the general instructions they sent with the appointment letter called for extra copies) but in my case IO never asked for any documents at all, not from my originals nor from the copies I made for them. They had everything there in a folder.
So I would say it is up to you. As you probably know, sometime they lose things.

It's not necessary. Usually they just look at your originals and give them back to you. If they feel the need to take a copy of something they'll do that on the spot.

It's not necessary. Usually they just look at your originals and give them back to you. If they feel the need to take a copy of something they'll do that on the spot.

I agree. I brought only my originals to the interview, and the IO couldn't find my birth certificate of all things. I offered to let him copy my original but he keep searching through my file saying "It must be here somewhere..." He gave up after 5 minutes, and asked if he could make a copy of my original. He took me with him to the photocopier to make sure he didn't lose my original, and handed it back to me right away.

Youd save yourself a lot of money and time, and save paper, if you didnt unnecessarily copy stuff. They can make copies if they need them. You DID pay almost $700 for the N400.